ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Nov 28, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #841 of 1,234
Just got mine back from acs, a very quick warranty repair service.
I believe I got brand new shells, the fit is infinitely better, I didn't think it's possible to have a fit as good as my A12 which I was attributing to Adel, but these silicone babies are every bit as amazingly comfy.LITERALLY PERFECT FIT! the model's much improved where the cable connects and also the bores are different,they are lighter now too.
Great job ACS and top service!:blush:

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #843 of 1,234
Agree on the bite block - although my Encores were my first pair of CIEMs so no other experience, I did a lot of research into open/shut as I use them for singing. In the end went with ACS advice and I have absolutely no issues with them when singing. I suppose something to do with the silicone vs acrylic?

Anyway they are absolutely incredible - very very happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Great you're enjoying using them on stage. Have you listened to music with them? What are their benefits over other IEMs you've used? I like the bass extension and clarity and obviously comfort of them

Nov 30, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #844 of 1,234
Yeah, I most certainly use them for listening to music! I mentioned it a few pages back as well, but what I can't get over is how rich but clear they sound at the same time. Bass is great; big and tight but not boomy. Mid-range is lovely and warm but loads of separation. High end nice and clear.

They are the highest end IEMs I've used, with the best before that being UE900s - which compare surprisingly well, but as soon as you start to really listen the Encores are miles and miles ahead.

For any musicians watching they are just incredible - get a good IEM mix going and it just sounds like your listening live (which I know you are but you know what I mean). Mine are the Live! Versions and the microphones are beyond belief good. If you set them to 'unity' gain, it honestly just sounds like you've not got them in.

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #846 of 1,234
I'm wondering how much unit to unit variation there is in these...I also read very different impressions from different folks. Currently waiting on acs Manhattan to reply to my email, I find the highs rolled off quite a bit (rest of the sound very nice). I do know others have found the same thing with their units. Usually acs is very quick to get back to me, but holiday weekend just passed, so I'll wait before trying to contact them again. (maybe I'm just starting to get annoying). I'd figure very small differences in placement of the drivers could make a very big difference in how they sound.

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #847 of 1,234
Just received my Encores.
Fitted well - pretty comfortable (it's my 1st CIEM so I can't compare).
Sounds really good (even from my Sansa Clip+! I tried them with Lynx Hilo as well).
I can't hear any treble issues (pheww).
Really powerful sound. Strong bass but still detailed.

nice :)

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #848 of 1,234
  Just received my Encores.
Fitted well - pretty comfortable (it's my 1st CIEM so I can't compare).
Sounds really good (even from my Sansa Clip+! I tried them with Lynx Hilo as well).
I can't hear any treble issues (pheww).
Really powerful sound. Strong bass but still detailed.

nice :)

Nice to see another satisfied customer out there
smily_headphones1.gif
What do yours look like?
These are mine

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #849 of 1,234
  Nice to see another satisfied customer out there
smily_headphones1.gif
What do yours look like?
These are mine

oh I will post some photos... just don't wanna take them out yet :wink:.

have you heard any changes after burn in?

Dec 2, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #850 of 1,234
I've been listening to my improoved Encores few days now and frankly I don't know why I bother to listen to anything else, such clarity, yet it reproduces such deep emotions, deep lows and subtle newances, voices and instruments are to die for, immediately grab you.

I asked what they changed and the response is the drivers were good , so they kept them, but changed the positioning because of the new, thinner, lighter moulds, these fit like a dream btw.
Some pics here, notice improved cable positioning and bore design.

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #852 of 1,234
Sounds good, if like them to do that with mine. I'm sure there is much unit to unit variation on these things, they're not mass produced, I'd guess small changes in driver position are huge in terms of sound. I really do want to love them...

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #853 of 1,234
Sounds good, if like them to do that with mine. I'm sure there is much unit to unit variation on these things, they're not mass produced, I'd guess small changes in driver position are huge in terms of sound. I really do want to love them...

Yeah I get it, I was comparing them to A12 and Merlin, Merlin has the biggest sub bass in history of iems, A12 less but it has everything going for it, technically superior, the Encores are special tho, I.just don't wanna put them down,they don't tire you, the tuning starts making sense as you listen longer, not just a few short comparisons, its made to be used for long hours with no fatigue and very emotive voices and instruments, bass that hits low when needed and thumping when on the track, Merlin would have this other dimension down there, but I remember when I used them a lot I didn't enjoy it in a long run. I would reduce the mid bass warmth-peak on the Encores just a bit to let the top come thru a bit more,but thats kinda acs house sound from my memories of T3 live I had

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #854 of 1,234
They do the mid and low end very nicely, but the highs on mine are missing in action. I know at least one other person who hears them the same way. Sending them back in the next few days, the cable is giving me problems as well. Does anyone but me find the Linum cables annoying? They tangle if I look at them funny, and, when I go for a walk with the Encore/Linum, the footsteps are transmitted are strongly transmitted through them. Could be just me, of course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back