ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Nov 27, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #827 of 1,234
hello, i'm new here.

need some advice though..
i'm currently using an weston um3x and thinking of upgrading to a ciem.
I'm not so 'pro' in iem, but i really enjoyed my um3x.

went down to try on various ciem (cosmic ears, 1964, empire, HUM, etc), but only the ACS Encore and the Lime Ears Aether 'sounds right' to me, and Encore win significantly.

However, i'm worrying about the silicon which is not many ppl in singapore used, as they claim it will 'humidify' and its kinda hard to slip it on.. 

any advice?

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #828 of 1,234
You can use the portative dessicator

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #829 of 1,234
hello, i'm new here.

need some advice though..
i'm currently using an weston um3x and thinking of upgrading to a ciem.
I'm not so 'pro' in iem, but i really enjoyed my um3x.

went down to try on various ciem (cosmic ears, 1964, empire, HUM, etc), but only the ACS Encore and the Lime Ears Aether 'sounds right' to me, and Encore win significantly.

However, i'm worrying about the silicon which is not many ppl in singapore used, as they claim it will 'humidify' and its kinda hard to slip it on.. 

any advice?

Interesting claim about silicon and Singapore... I have both the T1 and the Encore. Not sure what you are talking about. Not these other chaps. They probably don't own a pair of silicon iems. At least not one by ACS. No such issue with mine. :)

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #831 of 1,234
That be true. Of course, there's nothing like listening for oneself. For me, it works well. It hasn't left my side for my frequent trips. That's saying a lot since I have all the TOTL FitEar customs. Which in singapore enjoys a cult following. :wink:

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #832 of 1,234
In that sense I'm going ahead to order one encore for my self!

Any heads-up for doing the molding?

I'm kinda worried Since I'm going to order one from the music-sanctuary, which I will be their first silicone customer. But they do have a very good black Friday sales.

I tried the fitear also. originally I'm going to get the 333. But with some random testing, when I came across this encore, BOOOMMMM change my mind in split seconds! Haha

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #833 of 1,234
Hmmm... I did my original impressions with Jaben and did the Encore with them as well. No issues there. No experience at all with Music Sanctuary. :wink:

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #834 of 1,234
In that sense I'm going ahead to order one encore for my self!

Any heads-up for doing the molding?

I'm kinda worried Since I'm going to order one from the music-sanctuary, which I will be their first silicone customer. But they do have a very good black Friday sales.

I tried the fitear also. originally I'm going to get the 333. But with some random testing, when I came across this encore, BOOOMMMM change my mind in split seconds! Haha

Just make sure you don't use a bite block. ACS require closed mouth impressions.

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #835 of 1,234
Nov 28, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #836 of 1,234
Agree on the bite block - although my Encores were my first pair of CIEMs so no other experience, I did a lot of research into open/shut as I use them for singing. In the end went with ACS advice and I have absolutely no issues with them when singing. I suppose something to do with the silicone vs acrylic?

Anyway they are absolutely incredible - very very happy :)

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #837 of 1,234
Yes close mouthed for sure. Big lesson learnt there, lol. Luckily ACS is great to work with on the refit.

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #839 of 1,234
Doesn't help that there is nothing in the ACS literature to say that they must be taken with your mouth closed.

Apparently they recommend open mouthed for those using it when they sing, or for any reason will often need to talk with your IEMs in your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back