ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Nov 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #811 of 1,234
Did you get your Encores sorted? Do you hear treble now?

Yes, much better.

Heard the Mojo today. Disappointing. Soundstage- the real magic of the Hugo- was not up to par. I tried them with a warm pair of phones (not Encores, although I probably should have) and it was cloyingly intimate overall.

Think I'm going to cancel my order..

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #812 of 1,234
My Encores, X11is, IE800s, Flare R2 Pros, HD800s, Alpha Dogs and Stance S1s all sound incredible through the Mojo either through my phone macbook or DX100. Hooked into an amp through the line out my HE-6s sound as good as I need my music I hesitate to state endgame but I will do so unashamedly once it's been with me for a year

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #813 of 1,234
Yes, much better.

Heard the Mojo today. Disappointing. Soundstage- the real magic of the Hugo- was not up to par. I tried them with a warm pair of phones (not Encores, although I probably should have) and it was cloyingly intimate overall.

Think I'm going to cancel my order..

I haven't heard the Hugo. Some people say Mojo sounds identical; others say it doesn't come close. For me it sounds better than the DAPs I've tried and I like using my smartphone as a music server. For IEMs I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea that synergy is everything , not like with full sized headphones where the wrong match can sound truly awful.

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #814 of 1,234
I haven't heard the Hugo. Some people say Mojo sounds identical; others say it doesn't come close. For me it sounds better than the DAPs I've tried and I like using my smartphone as a music server. For IEMs I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea that synergy is everything , not like with full sized headphones where the wrong match can sound truly awful.

Doesn't happen often, but impedance issues rear their ugly head with iems too.

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #815 of 1,234
I'm about to return my Encores to acs again...see if they can get the highs to come back, they're MIA. The Linum cable also gave up the ghost, one channel goes in and out, is loose at the connector to the music player. I got cables to allow balanced use out of a Pono...not bad, but so sensitive with them that I can only keep the Pono on its 1st power level...turn it down, no sound, 1 step up, too loud. Highs still missing, nice pleasant sound, though.
(JELT...busy at work, get you the pics soon...)

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #816 of 1,234

Hmm, interesting. I like intimate* - my preferences are almost anti-audiophile - so I might have to give the Mojo a try. Wasn't fond of the Hugo's presentation, tbh. Highs were a tad too strident with a lot of my (admittedly poorly mastered) music.

* I mean the sound feels like it's coming from inside your head, but clear and well placed. Not the smothered/stuffy intimate.

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #817 of 1,234

Yeah, I nearly bought the original AK100 for my SE846 because I didn't think a DAP costing that much could possibly have a high output impedance. Little did I know.

Impedance issues aside, I'm yet to find any particularly bad signature matches.

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #818 of 1,234
Heard the Mojo at the recent NY area meet...not great conditions, limited time to listen, but it did sound good to me.

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #819 of 1,234

Hmm, interesting. I like intimate* - my preferences are almost anti-audiophile - so I might have to give the Mojo a try. Wasn't fond of the Hugo's presentation, tbh. Highs were a tad too strident with a lot of my (admittedly poorly mastered) music.

* I mean the sound feels like it's coming from inside your head, but clear and well placed. Not the smothered/stuffy intimate.

Sounds like the Mojo will probably be your cup of tea!

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #820 of 1,234
Heard the Mojo at the recent NY area meet...not great conditions, limited time to listen, but it did sound good to me.

How do they compare to your Liquid Carbon? :D (only one way to find out...)

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #821 of 1,234
Don't even have the Liquid Carbon yet, supposed to arrive tomorrow, keep you posted... (from everything posted, expecting the second coming...)

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #822 of 1,234
Strange. Mine arrived. And I'm halfway across the world!

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #823 of 1,234

The Mojo has a very low impedance. It'll power anything up to an HD800 in the dynamics, and it will start to struggle with some of the bigger planar magnetics like the HE560 and HE6. But for the ACS Encore it will have no problem powering that and any other headphones you want to compare them with at the same time. The Cavalli will certainly be worth a try against the Mojo I would definitely read that article

Users who are viewing this thread

Back