ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Oct 5, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #721 of 1,234
My Encores look to have been completely remade. They are sounding just as warm as ever .And are at half the volume of all my other iems too.
Comparison pending but there should be no reason to be disappointed with these iems provided the build is right and the fit is right. They need pushing in at the bottom to get the huge bass but once there they don't need adjusting again.

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #722 of 1,234
Right now, bass is no problem. Volume is no problem (need to keep the Pono near lowest volume setting, in balanced even lower). But, what have you done with my highs?

Oct 5, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #723 of 1,234
My Encores look to have been completely remade. They are sounding just as warm as ever .And are at half the volume of all my other iems too.
Comparison pending but there should be no reason to be disappointed with these iems provided the build is right and the fit is right. They need pushing in at the bottom to get the huge bass but once there they don't need adjusting again.

There is definitely a knack to fitting them correctly which involves a lot of messing around until it sounds right. What was wrong with your pair?

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #725 of 1,234
I've been very happy with my encore, and single driver evolve units.  No issues at all.  I had Adam and AJ to help me in the New York Studio,  Best money I've ever spent on audio equipment
Nik

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #726 of 1,234
I'm jealous...returned it I'm not sure ho many times, and about to email AJ in Manhattan again, something is not right, treble is missing in action.

Oct 7, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #727 of 1,234
The Encores now look and sound wonderful. They are a superb fit and are so good for on the move in their comfort and isolation and sound quality which is probably what most headfiers who have top of the line full size headphones are spending this sort of money for.
In a head to head comparison sat down the IE800 does beat the Encore in sound stage detail retrieval and has a wow factor overall that the Encores only achieve in the low end .
Once you get up and walk around the results reverse. This is because you are dealing with an IE800 that suffers from constantly wanting to come out of the ear and from microphonics. The Encores come into their own when they are being used out and about and win hands down against the IE800.
So for the commuter the IE800 is a winner. But for the walker or runner or gym goer the Encores win hands down.

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #729 of 1,234
Not sure, have sent then back a number of times, fit problems, then channel imbalance on 1 side, then on the other. When they came and things sounded even on both sides, I was happy. And, it doesn't jump out at you that something is amiss. But if you listen to jazz you know cymbals are a huge part of the percussion drive (not that they aren't used in other music, but it's easier not to notice them missing in other genres). And I started noticing that I had to listen in to hear them, and even then, when I found them, they were barely present and not right. Which led me to perceive that the overall balance was actually off. Now, it's certainly not unlistenable, not like when 1 channel was shot...I fall asleep listening to them each night. But I went biking yesterday, use Philips S1/Pono for that (open, you can hear traffic), and I was struck by how much more natural the presentation of these were for 1/10th the price.
(it could be a seal/fit issue, I do note it's better when I use the lubricant. I'm still holding off on contacting them again, trying to sort it out)

I'm jealous...returned it I'm not sure ho many times, and about to email AJ in Manhattan again, something is not right, treble is missing in action.

Was the treble ever there or has it suddenly disappeared?

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #730 of 1,234
another error...

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #731 of 1,234
error in correcting...

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #732 of 1,234
and yet again, sorry, not doing what I wanted to do.

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #733 of 1,234
You need to push them in from the bottom right into your ear canals otherwise you won't hear treble. For months I thought I had sealing as well as they could but I was wrong. When you're wearing them, lift the top of your ear and see how the treble improves. If this happens they either don't fit or they aren't in properly. Honestly, I've owned them for months and only discovered how to get a foolproof fit after reading Trev's posts. Very happy with them at the moment.

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #734 of 1,234
Thanks. I'll have to pay around with them some more. I think I'm doing everything I need to do for propper fit, but, as I said, I'm still working on getting it better (ALWAYS have trouble with my mutant left ear canal).

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #735 of 1,234
It's an uphill struggle for the ACS Encore owners I know, but it will surely be worth it in the end. I am pleased with mine. I wear them lots and trust they will not let me down when I take them for a run provided I use the dehumidifier and that they will continue to perform. The sound signature for me is bass impact, average soundstage, lots of detail. I listen to mine at half the level of any other IEM I own. I listened to a ton of IEMs at the last CanJam. Obviously I didn't listen to every single one and I never will be able to listen to all of the top tier IEMs but none of the ones I listened to sounded as nice to me as the Encores.
I am as picky as any headfier when it comes to sound quality. The Encores satisfy or at the very least are a useful addition to my collection of phones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back