ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Sep 28, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #691 of 1,234
I have to regenerate my Encores? They're degenerating? I hardly ever put them in the case! (listen going to sleep, keep them hooked to my MicroZOTL2 for the next night). Am I doing major damage? Do I actually have to take care of these things?????? (and, even more to the point, do I have to spend MORE money??!?!??!!?!)

Sep 28, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #692 of 1,234
It's that the Dry & Store 2 I see on the site? I don't see anything else that fits the description.

Sep 28, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #693 of 1,234
It's that the Dry & Store 2 I see on the site? I don't see anything else that fits the description.

http://acscustom.com/uk/product/revivo/

Bought one at canjam London.
Ideal for the regular maintenance of your iems. Better longevity. I don't want to flood my drivers.

Great video of how it works:https://youtu.be/u7KkXVRcAAg

Sep 28, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #694 of 1,234

It's a dehumidifier. You place your IEMs and a dessicant tablet inside and press the button. It's supposed to keep them dry and clean. The problem I have with it is the speed at which it eats up dessicant tablets. I had two and they were both finished within a few uses. I haven't bought any more or used it for ages.

Sep 28, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #695 of 1,234
It's a dehumidifier. You place your IEMs and a dessicant tablet inside and press the button. It's supposed to keep them dry and clean. The problem I have with it is the speed at which it eats up dessicant tablets. I had two and they were both finished within a few uses. I haven't bought any more or used it for ages.

You don't have to buy more of em. Just put em in an oven a like 50 degrees Celsius for like 15 min or until they go back to orange. And use again. Repeat each time they go blackish :wink:

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #696 of 1,234
The Dry and Store is also a dehumidifier, you add tablets, is it just named differently in the US? And, I know this is a silly question that no one will be able to answer, but, does it really make a difference? Should I not be falling asleep with the Encores in? Is it worth it to watch season 6 of Supernatural? (already know the answer to that one).
On a separate acs note (hahahaha, get it?), I got the noise attenuators aimed at musicians, was told it would be safer for my ears at live shows, especially rock, but even jazz clubs. Tried them in a New York jazz club. Well, they did work, in that the volume of a large band was cut back. Bit, at the price of sounding like was listening through headphones! It was like going to a football game, then staying in the lobby and watching the game on TV. I tried a few times, then went back to live sound.

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #697 of 1,234
http://acscustom.com/us/index.php/component/virtuemart/general-accessories/dry-store-global-ii-detail?Itemid=0

Here's the link to the Dry and Store.

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #698 of 1,234
The Dry and Store is also a dehumidifier, you add tablets, is it just named differently in the US? And, I know this is a silly question that no one will be able to answer, but, does it really make a difference? Should I not be falling asleep with the Encores in? Is it worth it to watch season 6 of Supernatural? (already know the answer to that one).
On a separate acs note (hahahaha, get it?), I got the noise attenuators aimed at musicians, was told it would be safer for my ears at live shows, especially rock, but even jazz clubs. Tried them in a New York jazz club. Well, they did work, in that the volume of a large band was cut back. Bit, at the price of sounding like was listening through headphones! It was like going to a football game, then staying in the lobby and watching the game on TV. I tried a few times, then went back to live sound.

Dr Moulton of Noble Audio posted something the other day about mould growing in the ears when wearing silicone iems for too long.

Sep 29, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #699 of 1,234
Guess I'm doomed to become a "moldy oldie"!
On a different note...I connected the Encore to my MicroZOTL 2, which I love, but it didn't sound all that great. Could I need one of those impedance matching cables?
I changed over to the new Pono balanced cable/adaptor for the Encores...ahhhh, more like it!

Sep 29, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #700 of 1,234

Which one did you get?
Today I received my ACS Pro17 protections. They are so tiny. They fit right in easily, didn't need to use the liquid supplied with it.
I was expecting they'd reduce more but I was pleased how it was really even, and it didn't give any annoyance when I was hearing myself talk.

While I don't have any planned concerts to attend anytime soon, I'm definitely gonna bring them with me for restaurants and bars (was my primary reason for ordering them). Cinemas in Turkey are atrociously loud there, so that's another use ^^.

Guess I'm doomed to become a "moldy oldie"!

While you can remove the ear wax flakes from the tube openings with the needle pick tool, it's the cerumen oil that can be problematic if you don't use desiccants/dehumidifiers. They can overtime reach through the tubes into the BAs and ruin the sound.

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #701 of 1,234
I think the reason for using the dehumidifier is because silicon CIEM's build up and retain moisture more than acrylics(don't quote me on that)and worst case scenario is that the drivers fail. The Revivo also has a uv light thingy inside which apparently kills bacteria etc so they should be squeaky clean after a session. Prevention is better than having them fail after a year and going through the hassle of sending them back and waiting weeks for them to be repaired

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #703 of 1,234
To me the Revivo is just a desiccator, useful to preserve dampers and drivers from "mushrooms" ^^ 

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #704 of 1,234
So, is the Dry and Store the American version of the Revivo? I don't see the Revivo on the web site, acs US.
I believe the earplugs/attenuation I have was the Pr015, I believe, which AJ in NY said would be the ones to use for a jazz club. I don't deny that these can have a real use-could see them being great on the NY subway, for instance, or a very loud restaurant would be another place they'd be useful. And, if you're a musician, I guess you just want to know what everyone around you is doing at any particular time and be able to react/fit with the band...you may not be that concerned if the tonal richness of the saxophone is all it should be (and, you'd be really concerned, or at least should be, about your hearing, which is being assaulted nightly by the band). In my case, though (and maybe it's just me, no one else notes the changes), it took away from the excitement, tonality, leading edges of instruments, to use audiophile terminology. I can get that with my stereo gear (which is quite good, but haven't ever heard anything that duplicates live music). Not trying to convince anyone of anything, just my observations. I will be trying them again when I go with my teen daughter to see All Time Low...I saw them once with them, that WAS an assault on my ears, but it was in a college gym, hoping seeing them at MSG is better sound-wise. Still expect it to be too loud, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back