ACS Custom molding in NYC and little known facts about ACS with Etymotic
Oct 6, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #46 of 84
Well to be fair, I believe there are a bunch of labs. I think these labs are perhaps franchise. Just like McD, you may get messy big mac from one store but a really neat one from another (rarely but...u get it)

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #47 of 84

Quote:
Well to be fair, I believe there are a bunch of labs. I think these labs are perhaps franchise. Just like McD, you may get messy big mac from one store but a really neat one from another (rarely but...u get it)

Yeah I know.  I saw the lab listings of the ACS associates.  The thing is we aren't talking about a $3 burger here.  Its even worse when you consider the idea that a 'lab technician' apparently doesn't understand the fundamental principles of sound waves or acoustics.  That's what gets me.  It's not like forgetting the pickles.  Plus they get 2 months to get it right.

Oct 6, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #48 of 84
Let's see how's the Canadian franchise like. I sure hope they don't mess up my order. I instructed them to send the molds directly to me instead of sending them to the audiologist. I really don't want to go downtown just to pick them up...that's at least $6 on commuting and 2 hours of time gone.

Oct 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #49 of 84

Quote:
Let's see how's the Canadian franchise like. I sure hope they don't mess up my order. I instructed them to send the molds directly to me instead of sending them to the audiologist. I really don't want to go downtown just to pick them up...that's at least $6 on commuting and 2 hours of time gone.

I hope they turn out perfect!  I love the product concept and want to believe in the company.

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #50 of 84
The Etymotic Custom Fit program details are available at etymotic.com/customfit.

With your Etymotic product you can upgrade to a pair of soft silicone custom ear molds for $100 USD + shipping and handling.  You register your products, get a voucher, locate your audiologist nearest you, make an appointment, your audiologist takes your impressions and then sends it to the nearest ACS mold lab.  ACS takes your credit card and within 3 to 6 weeks of the receipt of your ear impression arriving at the mold lab you receive your ear molds.  The delivery time varies on the type of mold you specify and the location of the lab that it is being sent to.  The largest time variance is usually with the audiologist sending out the the impression in a timely manner.  Many customers preempt this by sending it themselves and tracking their own deliveries.  Whatever the time savings the final experience is worth the wait.

Best Regards,

EtyHeadMark

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #51 of 84

Quote:
The Etymotic Custom Fit program details are available at etymotic.com/customfit.

With your Etymotic product you can upgrade to a pair of soft silicone custom ear molds for $100 USD + shipping and handling.  You register your products, get a voucher, locate your audiologist nearest you, make an appointment, your audiologist takes your impressions and then sends it to the nearest ACS mold lab.  ACS takes your credit card and within 3 to 6 weeks of the receipt of your ear impression arriving at the mold lab you receive your ear molds.  The delivery time varies on the type of mold you specify and the location of the lab that it is being sent to.  The largest time variance is usually with the audiologist sending out the the impression in a timely manner.  Many customers preempt this by sending it themselves and tracking their own deliveries.  Whatever the time savings the final experience is worth the wait.

Best Regards,

EtyHeadMark

It seems like you are associated with ACS and Etymotic in some way.  It would be nice if you tried to help people on the boards instead of just advertising.  I think these boards know what Etymotic and ACS are.  You will find few people here who have no idea who you are.  Considering this post is in regards to my experience for others to read, it would be nice if you could try to assist me with my problem instead of hijacking this thread to advertise.  On most forums, company representitatives come to offer their help.

This is the type of stuff I am talking about in terms of client service.  More then happy to spill the company line, but don't do anything to help.  You know how many times I had the woman on the phone said to me, "Once you get them, you do a little turn to get them in, and your in heaven."  Wow, really, could I just get them?

****UPDATE*****

I am now working with my audiologist to see where in the process my molds are.  As mentioned earlier, he worked with Etymotic to get the program to the states, so I may actually get a straight answer from him on where my product sits in the process.  Kind of rediculous that I have to work with my audiologist on this though.

I called him just to let him know the experience is not so great on the ACS end of things.  He mentioned that he would handle this for me.  He is really great.

Will keep you updated and show pics if/when I finally get them.

Tomtoday,

I would be weary of ACS charging you now.  Not that ACS is not reputable and won't refund your money, but when this program started they were only supposed to charge you once your molds were ready to be sent to you.  Right now they seem to be charging up front.  Also, in your experience, it will be 6 weeks before you get your regular run of the mill molds.  Please post back with pictures and if you get them in the 3 weeks they promised you.  It would be good to know there timing

I really think its about time for ACS/Etymotic to change their time line to 6 weeks.  I have no clue how it benifits anyone to falsely advertise your time schedules.  Clients get mad, and your company gets hammered.  If you wrote 6 weeks on your site, most of my negative comments wouldn't even exist.

****UPDATE #2*****
So I heard back from my audiologist today.  He was able to get in touch with the lab.  My molds were completed today and should ship to the states in the next couple of days.  He said if I don't hear anything from ACS to contact him directly and I can work directly through him.  Do I prefer to do this?  Of course not.  It is very sad that I have to work through him in the first place.  He has his normal job to do. I am happy I did contact him though.  At least he will know what is going on in general.  Considering he has a lot of pull, hopefully he can get some things changed. 

On another note, the thing that is awesome about the audiologist is the fact that he said he would contact me by Friday, but contacted me today.  I figure he should be a lot more busy then any ACS employee, but he still took the time to do this.  That is pretty fantastic in my book.  I hope at the very least ACS calls me when it does come in.  I hate bothering the audiologist to get this process completed.

Oct 8, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #52 of 84
ACS did take my card information yesterday when they called but that have not charged the card yet.  I assume that they will charge it one they ship the molds.  Personally I think that it would be reasonable if they charged me when they started to work on the molds.  In my experience, "Cardholder not present" transactions where a service or custom product is created can capture credit card payments when the production begins, not just when shipped.

Looking forward to getting them!

Oct 13, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #53 of 84
Alucard77:  I'm glad that you have been getting some help from Dr. Kasper regarding your ACS molds.  I wanted to let you know that we have changed the Etymotic website to reflect a longer time frame for the Custom Fit Program.  As you probably know, we began the Custom Fit program in the UK in 2009.  The success of the program inspired us to expand the program into 14 countries including the US.  The turnaround time that was previously listed on our website (2-3 weeks) was an estimate based on the lead-time that our customers experienced in the UK. 

What we have discovered is that there are factors that have contributed to an increased production time:  mainly the transit time for ear impressions to reach ACS after being taken, and the time required to ship the finished product from the lab to the end user.  The actual production time once an impression is received tends to run about 3 weeks, but shipping back and forth can easily add several days to the process.  Being a new program, it is important that we hear of your experience with the program so that we can address areas that need improvement. 

It sounds like Dr. Kasper has been a great advocate for you, but if there is anything I can do to help out, please feel free to email me at r_carlson@etymotic.com

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #54 of 84

Quote:
Alucard77:  I'm glad that you have been getting some help from Dr. Kasper regarding your ACS molds.  I wanted to let you know that we have changed the Etymotic website to reflect a longer time frame for the Custom Fit Program.  As you probably know, we began the Custom Fit program in the UK in 2009.  The success of the program inspired us to expand the program into 14 countries including the US.  The turnaround time that was previously listed on our website (2-3 weeks) was an estimate based on the lead-time that our customers experienced in the UK. 

What we have discovered is that there are factors that have contributed to an increased production time:  mainly the transit time for ear impressions to reach ACS after being taken, and the time required to ship the finished product from the lab to the end user.  The actual production time once an impression is received tends to run about 3 weeks, but shipping back and forth can easily add several days to the process.  Being a new program, it is important that we hear of your experience with the program so that we can address areas that need improvement. 

It sounds like Dr. Kasper has been a great advocate for you, but if there is anything I can do to help out, please feel free to email me at r_carlson@etymotic.com

There you go.  Now that's the Etymotic response we all hope for and expect!  
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #55 of 84
ONE WEEK LATER

Have not heard from ACS custom if they have received my impression. They also did not reply my email with regards to my special instruction for the mold. Although Monday is a holiday in Canada, I'm pretty sure the impression has already arrived in ACS custom at Ottawa.

Oct 15, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #56 of 84
Kin0kin:  Feel free to call ACS directly at 613-987-5398 for an update.  I have a toll-free number (877-670-7227), but I'm not sure if that number works in Canada.  They'll be able to tell you if your impressions have arrived at their facility for scanning. 

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #57 of 84
I just got my molds on October 25th 2010.  The impressions were taken on September 15th 2010 and I was contacted by ACS via phone to give them my CC number on October 2nd.  The CC was charged on October 20th.

The feel great and sound great with my MC3's.  I feel like $100 was a good deal for this service.  Would've loved it to be quicker but not bad, in my estimation, for a custom product.

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #58 of 84

Quote:
ONE WEEK LATER

Have not heard from ACS custom if they have received my impression. They also did not reply my email with regards to my special instruction for the mold. Although Monday is a holiday in Canada, I'm pretty sure the impression has already arrived in ACS custom at Ottawa.

TWO WEEKS LATER (from day 1)

ACS called exactly 2 weeks later saying that they have received my impression and would like to have my billing info. I asked if they received my special instructions and the lady on the phone said yes and there should not be a problem. I was also told that it would be another 3-4 weeks wait. Personally I don't care too much atm since my tips have already been broken in and are more comfortable now.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #59 of 84
Guess I'm outta luck with the whole Ety/Customfit thing.  Went on their website and tried to locate an audiologist and no one within the 100 mile radius showed up.  O well--good thing I like the Etys straight out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back