Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
Feb 2, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #333 of 553
  That looks like the second time this has happened in the thread. Is there anything wrong with the hardware used?

This is a one-off, I have never seen this before. Why do you think this is the 2nd time? Please point me at that info.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #334 of 553
I recently damaged the back of my AR-M20 removing it from the leatherette case. Apparently the adhesive is so strong that  the back of the device stuck to the case. You can recognize the rectangular defect where the black plastic fractured.

The entire back is held in place by 4 screws (torx #3) which I successfully removed. now I just need the black plastic part.

I called acoustic research and they told me to send it to Shine electronics in Long Island City, NY with a check  for $229 for repair. I tried calling that place but I only get voicemail. 

Does anyone know where I can get parts for this device?

Isn't this another occurrence of it?

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #335 of 553
that's the same unit. Mine. I think the overheating may have weakened the plastic the first time around. Because the unit was in the leatherette case, I never noticed the any possible heat damage to the black plastic coating on the back. In the leatherette case, the back is adherent to the leatherette with a piece of strong double stick tape so you never see it.

Feb 18, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #336 of 553
As I have also suggested previously, you guys could make it such that long presses to skip track ONLY happens when screen is locked and long presses to make large volume adjustments will still occur when screen is unlocked. I don't see why that isn't possible.

I don't see why we need large volume adjustments when the device is locked anyway. Personally I'm having issues whereby the volume becomes either so loud that it is deafening or so soft that it is practically muted when I press on the side buttons by accident.

​It seems AR is just ignoring this request. Not having physical control button is really a pain in the ass

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #337 of 553
I am hearing a little click at the end of a song and another little click at the start of the next (playing through an album). I hear a bigger click between the end of the 1st song and start of second, than all other subsequent clicks in the album. I am using 64 Audio U4 iems and am running firmware.1.2.1 gapless. Any ideas on what is causing this? The device has it's share of clicks when changing sample rates, starting a new app (like Tidal) or whatnot, but the click between tracks of the same sample rate should not be happening.

Also, offline tidal has a fair amount of background hiss that is not present when using the AR app. Any ideas?

Feb 23, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #338 of 553

Please update firmware to 1.3.6

http://www.acoustic-research.com/high-resolution-audio/?sku=ARM20

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #342 of 553
My M20 do not work well after I install firm 1.4.6b. 

AR told shoud try it, I trusted and now I regret it.

Even I can't back to the previous firm.

Am I beta tester not a consumer?

I know the NEW firm is released in May, so  do I have to just wait?   

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #343 of 553
Hi I am looking at AR m20, ak 300 opus 1 and maybe ibasso dx200 ( my dx90 got stolen, loved the detail but last SW update made it a bit bright for me). Does anyone know how AR M20 will pair with Grado gr10e ?

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #344 of 553
Hi I am looking at AR m20, ak 300 opus 1 and maybe ibasso dx200 ( my dx90 got stolen, loved the detail but last SW update made it a bit bright for me). Does anyone know how AR M20 will pair with Grado gr10e ?

For me, I loved both ARM20 and DX200 more than AK300. Try to review DX200 thread first, you'll see that many people said that DX200 is a step or steps away from AK300 but this judgement depends on taste too so take this as a grain of salt.

From my memory, ARM20 and DX200 are great but different sound signature. DX200 is more reference but it won't bored you while ARM20 is sound bolder and warmer, agaian, take my words as a grain of salt :wink:

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #345 of 553
For me, I loved both ARM20 and DX200 more than AK300. Try to review DX200 thread first, you'll see that many people said that DX200 is a step or steps away from AK300 but this judgement depends on taste too so take this as a grain of salt.

From my memory, ARM20 and DX200 are great but different sound signature. DX200 is more reference but it won't bored you while ARM20 is sound bolder and warmer, agaian, take my words as a grain of salt :wink:

Ok cool, thanks for that I think that the ARM 20 will pair well with my grados :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back