Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
Aug 11, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #166 of 553
Well, generally on my travels I use in ear, but I have a Sony nw-a25 for thst purpose. When at home I have a pair of Beyer T90, so was looking for a better source for that purpose.

However I am tempted to get a pair of quiet comforts for in flight so whether I take the Sony or the AR would be up in the air (pardon the pun)

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #168 of 553
Well, generally on my travels I use in ear, but I have a Sony nw-a25 for thst purpose. When at home I have a pair of Beyer T90, so was looking for a better source for that purpose.

However I am tempted to get a pair of quiet comforts for in flight so whether I take the Sony or the AR would be up in the air (pardon the pun)

The M20 will cover all your uses with all your cans and give you a serious SQ boost

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #170 of 553

Sorry work has been manic stupid computer found a way of deleting a weeks worth of records with no back up. 

The M2 is better for driving the T90 but in all honesty the M20 is a great buy and you've still got enough power to drive a lot of things plus much more iem friendly. 

New Quiet Comfort 35 are pretty darn decent if you get to try them out I'd recommend it. 

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #171 of 553
  That's great, thank you. Ill wait patiently for the potential flash sale..........:)

Hey all will keep you posted but there could be a cheeky discount offered if the Flash Sale doesn't go ahead will keep updated with a Promo Code.

Also big news did anyone say they wanted Bluetooth? 
wink_face.gif

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #174 of 553
Sorry work has been manic stupid computer found a way of deleting a weeks worth of records with no back up. 

The M2 is better for driving the T90 but in all honesty the M20 is a great buy and you've still got enough power to drive a lot of things plus much more iem friendly. 

New Quiet Comfort 35 are pretty darn decent if you get to try them out I'd recommend it. 

I think I'm.sold on the M2. I'd hate to get the M20 then wish I paid that bit extra for the power and SQ. I am definitely tempted to pick up the Bose 35 for my upcoming trip to the states.

Aug 16, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #176 of 553
Heard the M20 at CanJam. It doesn't seem to pair well with the K10's. To me the lower mids of the M20 are slightly elevated and the top end is not an improvement on the iPhone. IMHO of course.

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #177 of 553
Heard the M20 at CanJam. It doesn't seem to pair well with the K10's. To me the lower mids of the M20 are slightly elevated and the top end is not an improvement on the iPhone. IMHO of course.

Hey Kris thanks for your impressions I must say I agree to a degree whenever I have tried the K10 with AR's sound just doesn't seem to gel well. You should have tried the Katana, sounded great with the M20.

Also Brainwavz surprisingly have a new BA earphone coming out and I must say I was damn impressed! Really loved the Hunter by Trinity Audio too loving the imaging just a treat to be honest. 

Right Flash sale is on hold but can I ask all of those who are wishing to get there hands on an M20 or M2 to PM as I'm leaving my ties with AR soon I would like to get a deal cut for all those wanting to try this little beast of a player out. I know we can get about a 10% discount ready for you asap. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #178 of 553
Hey Kris thanks for your impressions I must say I agree to a degree whenever I have tried the K10 with AR's sound just doesn't seem to gel well. You should have tried the Katana, sounded great with the M20.

Also Brainwavz surprisingly have a new BA earphone coming out and I must say I was damn impressed! Really loved the Hunter by Trinity Audio too loving the imaging just a treat to be honest. 

Right Flash sale is on hold but can I ask all of those who are wishing to get there hands on an M20 or M2 to PM as I'm leaving my ties with AR soon I would like to get a deal cut for all those wanting to try this little beast of a player out. I know we can get about a 10% discount ready for you asap. 

Hi Dunun. Thanks. It's nice to have my impressions confirmed. I'm never too sure how good my analytical listening is.
I won't be changing the K10's. I just wanted to get the best out of them.
I'm beginning to think that may have to be the iPhone. Certainly any DAP manufacturer has got a task on their hands beating it for convenience and versatility.
The SQ is not shabby either!

Aug 17, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #179 of 553
Received my M20 today!!
While I have not played with it much, a couple of things I feel I need to get  and can't seem to find in my searches.
Screen Protector (the one that came with it -- umm lets just say I need another one
confused_face.gif
) I noticed there is one on Amazon for the M2 and looks like it will fit.
Case/Cover  I read earlier about a slip on ?? My M2 has a great flip open case which I love - I'm hoping for something as classy as that. But it appears to thick/deep for the M20

As far as sound quality and function I  will provide an update as time permits...
But so far so good....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back