Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Jan 6, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #886 of 2,161

Here is what your customers need as soon as you get back from the show. ARTISTS brings up ALBUMS, not "songs". This is most critical, while it's true I bought the player for its sound quality, this flaw is so obvious and inexplicable that I can't believe the player was ever released this way and that it wasn't the first problem to get fixed. Sorry to come off so dogmatic, but there it is...

Best, Kevin

Is this issue fixed in the latest beta ?
It's very annoying that the ARTIST folder is unusable.
It's been requested for a year now, and because of this I have to use an alternative player (Foobar2000), so the output difference between 3 party and stock player might be an issue.

Sound quality is great, however such flaws are crippling my experience with this DAP.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #887 of 2,161

Here is what your customers need as soon as you get back from the show. ARTISTS brings up ALBUMS, not "songs". This is most critical, while it's true I bought the player for its sound quality, this flaw is so obvious and inexplicable that I can't believe the player was ever released this way and that it wasn't the first problem to get fixed. Sorry to come off so dogmatic, but there it is...

Best, Kevin

Is this issue fixed in the latest beta ?
It's very annoying that the ARTIST folder is unusable.
It's been requested for a year now, and because of this I have to use an alternative player (Foobar2000), so the output difference between 3 party and stock player might be an issue.

Sound quality is great, however such flaws are crippling my experience with this DAP.

I've aked for fixing the ARTIST browser for almost 2 years. At this moment I'm sure that the AR guys don't thing it's important.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #889 of 2,161
I've aked for fixing the ARTIST browser for almost 2 years. At this moment I'm sure that the AR guys don't thing it's important.

Many of us have been asking for this fix for more than a year. I fear the AR engineers are unable to make this fix in the current player software. I can't imagine why else they would fail to cure the single biggest flaw in an otherwise excellent product.

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #891 of 2,161
Acoustic Research will be at CanJam New York on Feb 4th & 5th. 

Come and see us in Booth 38. 

Bring your headphones and listen to the M2 and M20. 

See our new TOP SECRET REDACTED - 2017 products

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #893 of 2,161
  Are there large-scale firmware updates for AR-M2 and AR-M20 at the event?
Thank you for reading.

No. Next major updates planned for Munich High-End show in May. Possibly minor ones before them

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #894 of 2,161
I am still facing some random music app turn off issue after a few songs.

Not a deal breaker but certainly troublesome.
The clock app also doesn't work properly as it displays wrong time and date randomly sometimes.

I am using my phone (xiaomi mix) more and more as my portable source.
Built in 256gb with fast file transfer (5mins for 1gb)
Pretty decent music playback quality and loud enough.
Quick charge

it is even cheaper than arm2 and is a full functional phone without bug for music.

Hopefully more dap will understand the importance of a fully functional polished product matters more than stuffing best hardware for some consumers

What OS version are you on? 1.4.5 is latest. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #896 of 2,161
Me too ! I would try it but its impossible in canada , i want to compare different dap for my pm3 and the ar-m2 is maybe the better choice. 

I would like to know if tidal hi fi work with android 4.3 ? 

Thanks you and good luck acoustic research for the future ! :) 

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #897 of 2,161
Hi matdur88, I can confirm that Tidal works fine even in Offline mode. The sound is stellar and beats the iBasso DX50 or Astell & Kern 100 MK II that I used to have before and it's far superior than the Oppo HA-2 that I use for desktop.
I live in Vancouver, where do you live in Canada?

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #900 of 2,161
  Acoustic Research will be at CanJam New York on Feb 4th & 5th. 

Come and see us in Booth 38. 

Bring your headphones and listen to the M2 and M20. 

See our new TOP SECRET REDACTED - 2017 products

Hi, anybody who attended can jam NYC, what new products were announced?

also any word on new firmware for M2 and M20? last one was beta in December, when will this come out of beta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back