Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Feb 9, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #901 of 2,161
  Hi, anybody who attended can jam NYC, what new products were announced?

also any word on new firmware for M2 and M20? last one was beta in December, when will this come out of beta?

Hiya, a major firmware update will be announced Mid May to coincide with the Munich High-End Show. 

Just about to set up a thread on new Acoustic Research AR-HA1 Planar headphones 

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #903 of 2,161
Originally Posted by AR-Voice 

256GB Cards from Samsung now verified by Acoustic Research

Samsung: Evo, Pro, Pro+ (Up to 128GB) Evo+ (Up to 256GB)

I suppose the difference between EVO and EVO+ is the latter has a faster read & write speed. Will a faster speed improve the sound when used in the AR-M2? Also will a faster speed use up more battery charge when playing music? Thanks.

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #905 of 2,161
Hi folks at AR. I have a few questions for you and hopefully you can help with them.
- I've read that my AR-M2 does not actually sound at its best with  low impedance IEM (I use UE900s at 30 Ohms) even though I think they produce a fantastic sound. Do you think a 100 Ohms impedance adapter would improve the sound?
- Also the battery only lasts around 6 hours on Flac CD quality. What kind/model/brand of battery could I buy in order to replace the original one when it wears out?
- About a case, is there any case available with some bumper protection?
Huge thanks for any info and help.

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #906 of 2,161
What OS version are you on? 1.4.5 is latest. 

I used 1.4.5 but I actually found a 2.6 from Chinese forum.
After updating and a full reset and it works absolutely perfectly now (playback around 50 hours without issue).

The only downside is it has more slowdown in changing tracks.

I am going to delete my previous post to stop confusing new comers because it is all working.

Feb 26, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #907 of 2,161
I used 1.4.5 but I actually found a 2.6 from Chinese forum.
After updating and a full reset and it works absolutely perfectly now (playback around 50 hours without issue).

The only downside is it has more slowdown in changing tracks.

I am going to delete my previous post to stop confusing new comers because it is all working.

Can you tell me what the forum is?

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #911 of 2,161
  If someone pls could sum up the differences between M2 and M20 besides the data that I can take from their webs pls? ... is the M2 worth the extra payment of €400?

​M2 has higher output power but much less battery life. M20 sounds cleaner and it doesn't have skip track button and it is lighter. SQ wise I think they are on the same level. I have both and trying to get rid of one of them.

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #913 of 2,161
  Hi folks at AR. I have a few questions for you and hopefully you can help with them.
- I've read that my AR-M2 does not actually sound at its best with  low impedance IEM (I use UE900s at 30 Ohms) even though I think they produce a fantastic sound. Do you think a 100 Ohms impedance adapter would improve the sound?

In a follow-up review on the AR-M2 (Stereophile  Feb 2017, P.132) , John Atkinson had the following to say about the 100 ohms impedance adapter when used with his Ultimate Ears 18 Pro IEMs : "I felt the sound quality lost some of its spaciousness in the highs and drive in the lows with the IEMs."

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #914 of 2,161
Interesting information... but I guess he used headphones with a different ohm value? let's see if the folks at AR know which adapter (ohm value) does it better for a 30ohm earphone like the UE900s. Thank you Sennphile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back