Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 29, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #2,359 of 2,999
I have two pairs just in case one fails, and they are dirt cheap. I liked the mids and the way they are balanced. Vidos, for instance, were a bit dark and bass heavy for me. Qian25 are nowhere near bass shy, I feel they are just right for most types of music.

edit: So I was listening to my Beyers dtx501 before, and I plugged in the 25s to remind myself of their sound. And yes, they are just the way I remember them, mids in the center and hard to ignore, slightly elevated bass, highs crispy and not overdone, zero harshness.

Btw, how does one give enough playtime to every single loved item when there are so many? :)

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #2,360 of 2,999
I like my Qian 39 and 69. Should I get the 25?

To me, my recabled Qian25 and Vido sound just about the same.

EDIT: The differences in perception of Bass response, between Zlivan and myself, could be due to the types of foams being used.

I haven't heard the Qian69, but I do like the fit, and sound, of my (recabled) Qian39.

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #2,361 of 2,999
Btw, how does one give enough playtime to every single loved item when there are so many? :)

It is a problem. I feel overwhelmed sometimes. I don't know how many you have... I looked at your profile but nothing is listed.

o me, my recabled Qian25 and Vido sound just about the same.

For less than £3 I decided to go ahead and get one in black... no mic... no retail packaging. Completing my Qian collection:)

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #2,362 of 2,999
I’d probably use them without foam as the sound is slightly cleaner, but I can’t hold any earbuds in my ears that way. I should probably get some donut foams...

@mbwilson111
Probably not as much as most people here, maybe 30 pairs, but a lot for me anyway. I might list them in the profile when I’m not too lazy.

Btw, I tried to recable qian25s, but I couldn’t crack them open, they seem glued. Vidos, for instance, opened right away.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #2,363 of 2,999
I’d probably use them without foam as the sound is slightly cleaner, but I can’t hold any earbuds in my ears that way. I should probably get some donut foams...

@mbwilson111
Probably not as much as most people here, maybe 30 pairs, but a lot for me anyway. I might list them in the profile when I’m not too lazy.

Btw, I tried to recable qian25s, but I couldn’t crack them open, they seem glued. Vidos, for instance, opened right away.
My 25’s opened up no problem, they were just push fit.

May 30, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #2,364 of 2,999
To me, my recabled Qian25 and Vido sound just about the same.

EDIT: The differences in perception of Bass response, between Zlivan and myself, could be due to the types of foams being used.

I haven't heard the Qian69, but I do like the fit, and sound, of my (recabled) Qian39.

If I throw in Philips SHE3800 to the mix?

May 30, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #2,365 of 2,999
If I throw in Philips SHE3800 to the mix?

I love the Philips SHE3800! Enough to have a spare in case it ever breaks. Comfortable and sound great. A hidden gem.

May 30, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #2,366 of 2,999
Hi, i was amazed of how Vido is sounding, for 5 bucks it is great, i do love bass so, i like headphoned with great bass, i heard that Yincrow x6 is the same as Vido, i want to purchase Yincrow rw-9, does it have better bass than Vido? also Edifier P180 is
also very good, can you guys reccomend me cheap earbuds (classic style) that have great bass?

Also, does thick foam sponge bettter than thin? (in terms of sound) i.e: bass..

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #2,367 of 2,999
Thicker foam builds up bass yes. But usually making them boomier and dull. I don't use thick foam ever. Only thin foam . infact when I listen to chesky binaural tracks no foam is the best . just my opinion .

Another trick is using thick foam but punch hole so more air can moves . try search picture of them . easily done using soldering iron . in my case with mx500 type housing I would unblock the back vent as well . someday I might devise myself a diy foam that will only thicken the outer rim of earbud but not the face nor back. ;D

Jul 12, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #2,368 of 2,999
Looking for in ear recommendations in the under $20 range (10-15 preferred) that meet the following criteria:

- Available with Prime shipping on Amazon
- Plug and play as-is, no rewiring, hacks, or swapping of components
- At least a bit of isolating from surrounding noise
- No mic or in line controls needed

Will be using mostly for watching movies/tv shows but occasionally rock, electronic, hip hop, jazz.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 12, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #2,369 of 2,999
Looking for in ear recommendations in the under $20 range (10-15 preferred) that meet the following criteria:

Will be using mostly for watching movies/tv shows but occasionally rock, electronic, hip hop, jazz.

Thanks in advance!
If you want isolation, I think you'd be better with a in-ear earphone.

Jul 12, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #2,370 of 2,999

Thanks in advance!

Do you mean in ears or buds? If you mean in ears then I suggest the Betron BS10 available from Amazon... surprisingly good...I think you would like them.

https://www.amazon.com/Betron-Earph...F8&qid=1531387908&sr=8-3&keywords=betron+bs10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Betron-Earphones-Headphones-Powerful-Ergonomic-black/dp/B01M2V05RE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1531387770&sr=8-3&

keywords=betron+bs10+earphones

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back