1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Absolute best budget earbuds?

First

Back
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
Next

Last
  1. Pviktor
    Do you recommend any cables for the change?

Vidos are better than R4YS?

Faaeal's Snow lotus 2.0 looks really well built besides being 3x more expensive LOL

2. seanc6441
    For you maybe the EMX500/s or RY4S.

I don’t listen to rap but for electronic the EMX500 was pretty nice. The S version may be even nicer but you can check impressions on the earbud round up thread of that one.

The graphene is a love hate bud. I didn’t like it much, others loved it.

Pviktor likes this.
  3. seanc6441
    This is a little over budget at around $20 but is a new ‘improved yincrow x6’ called the Yincrow rw-9 with better texture/detail and more foward vocal-mids, but still the general V shaped signature as on the x6.

Even the master himself ClieOS has rated it highly for the price! Would be perfect for Rap and electronic and most likely jazz too (assuming you like your jazz energetic in the treble like I do :)

Definitely seems like the right choice given your description and the yincrow x6 was hugely successful as a budget bud so if this is deemed an improvement it should be a good choice!

http://s.aliexpress.com/AzMRbYrM

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Pviktor likes this.
  4. Pviktor

I think i'm going with R4YS or EMX500/s right now.
    RY4S is 5 bucks and EMX500/s are 12U$
    If i like these i'll definitely pick this RW9 as an upgrade.

Thx!

5. palestofwhite
    The RY4S are really good for the price. I have 2 of those, one with and one without mic.

doggiemom likes this.
  6. voxdub
    KZ 82 strand cables are great

7. fairx
    I'm hunting budget cable for my vido. Already ordered couple of type. The one I had is black braided, White sheathed and Kz cable. I love the black braided and regret not ordering more while they're still cheap. The sheathed one looks nice but started getting stiff from splitter up to earbuds. Reminds me of my old tomahawk. Kz is on its way.

If you guys have any experience with good braided cheap cable please do share.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  8. fuzun
    I have a VE Monk+ and I like it so far but unfortunately build quality of it is not the best and it will fail in a next few weeks probably.

At this point is there anything new that can replace the good old monk or should I buy Monk+ again or do you have another suggestion ? My budget is extremely limited for earbuds, lets say $10 incl. shipping.

There are people suggesting "Faaeal" brand. What do you think of it?

9. seanc6441
    Monk plus has one of the best builds under $10. Other cheap mx500 buds tends to fail more easily.

Although with something like the $3 vido you could always buy 2 and have piece of mind that way...

10. fuzun
    Thanks for the opinion. But what about Faaeal Iris ?

11. seanc6441
    Sorry never heard any faael buds. I think the snow lotus 2.0 was praised but it’s a little more expensive.

fuzun likes this.
  12. noknok23
    I agree with Sean. Monk+ build is good. Some earbuds below 10usd may have better sound but they won't be as durable sadly. Unless you wait for next Ali sale, you may find some good deals... Best thing you can do is get a $1 clamshell case with another monk+/lite or stretch your budget with something in the 20/30usd range which usually have all the improvements you wish for and a case included.

seanc6441 likes this.
  13. tnelmo

Just a warning about the Vido. I ordered one without a mic and it has a very strange asymmetrical cable, which I now know is called a "J" cable. The sound, in my opinion, is better than my monk plus. If I order another Vido, it will be with a mic, which I understand has the normal "Y" cable design.

mbwilson111 and seanc6441 like this.
  14. seanc6441
    Correcto

15. Saoshyant
    There's nothing wrong with a J cable. It may be a little odd, but I have no issue with them.

flamesofarctica likes this.
First

Back
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
Next

Last