1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Absolute best budget earbuds?

First

Back
147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
Next

Last
  1. capnjack
    I don’t know what it is about the J cable on the vido, but I absolutely hated it and had to re-cable mine as soon as I got them. Some people don’t have a problem with it, but it just felt really awful to me and had to go!

2. mbwilson111
    I find a J cable to be horribly uncomfortable for me.

capnjack likes this.
  3. Saoshyant
    I can't comprehend discomfort there. Maybe if you wear it behind your head, but I never do.

4. snip3r77
    How does the Philips SHE3800 fairs with current sub $5 favs?

5. mbwilson111
    Letting it all dangle in front also feels weird. Lack of symmetry drives me crazy.

I love my Philips SHE3800 enough that I bought a backup pair. Comfortable and sound great to me.

6. snip3r77
    I have Vido and PT15 as reference. How does it compares with Vido?

7. mbwilson111
    I do not have a Vido. When I committed about not liking a J cable I was referring to an IEM that I once had.

8. chinmie
    SHE3800 has warm sound, emphasis on midbass,so it's closer sounding to the monk plus, with edifier H180 kind of bass

9. waynes world
    Yup, j-cables make me angry. The Sony MHC1 iem not only has a j-cable, but a flat springy one at that... anger! Other than that though, they are an amazing budget iem! Luckily my vido's have a normal cable.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  10. mbwilson111
    That is the iem with a j cable to which I was referring. Worst. Cable. Ever. Sounded great but I could not enjoy it.

I gave it to my husband and bought a Sony MDR-XB50AP to replace it.

groucho69 and waynes world like this.
  11. jplay
    Who follow Earbuds Lover Indonesia on FB? I remain very surprised for their kind of earbuds.
    Is there anyone that found simple to buy a pair of...?!

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  12. ld100

Which PK2 you talking about? I see a variety from different sellers on Ali?

13. seanc6441
    Nicehck diy pk2.

But I’ve come to appreciate other budget buds as much/more now. I think it was a honeymoon phase so to speak. They are good with burn in and multi hole foam but other budget buds sound as good to me now so maybe I won’t hype them as much now :D

Listened to the senfer pt15 which is great except for the thin mids and tamer bass. Would like to try the Yincrow RW-9 that has been praised by ClieOS and looks like a great option at under $20.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    dabachata likes this.
  14. seanc6441
    Recabled Vido’s seem to be all the rage on earbuds anonymous. Whether it’s the crappy stock cable or the potential sound improvement some are raving about.

I’d be recabling one if I still had it too :D

15. tnelmo

Yep, I still really dislike the J cable on the Vido. I've tried it around the neck with/without the cable clipped to my collar, and in front, nothing feels right. Humans love symmetry -- at least this human. Guess I'll look into cutting that long side down into a y-cable. Hopefully I don't ruin them, but could consider it as $3.50 worth of practice in recabling.

My 88-year old mom is very hard of hearing. I wanted to upgrade her earbuds and tried to convince her that this Vido around-the-neck design would be perfect for her Pocketalker amp -- get them off my hands and give her a good sounding earphone -- two birds, one stone. She wasn't buying any of that nonsense and immediately saw the impracticality of the j cable. Instead she chose my new Qian25. Time to reorder.

First

Back
147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
Next

Last