Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 18, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2,326 of 2,999
I used a pair with the original cable for a couple of months before I decided to recable, but only because I hate j shaped cables. If you have a soldering iron they're very easy to take apart and recable. The Qian39 have similar sound signature in that they're great for bass for an earbud but with decent mids and good highs.

Do you recommend any cables for the change?

Vidos are better than R4YS?

Faaeal's Snow lotus 2.0 looks really well built besides being 3x more expensive LOL

May 18, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #2,327 of 2,999
Isn't the PT15 low on bass though which presumably wouldn't be ideal for rap and electronic music?
For you maybe the EMX500/s or RY4S.

I don’t listen to rap but for electronic the EMX500 was pretty nice. The S version may be even nicer but you can check impressions on the earbud round up thread of that one.

The graphene is a love hate bud. I didn’t like it much, others loved it.

May 18, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #2,328 of 2,999
Guys after many years just using budget IEMs (I have a KZ ZST right now, I like them but the highs are extremely piercing)

I'm looking for a earbuds now.
I started with interest in the MS16, but then the R4YS appeared.
After some reading in this topic some earbuds got my attention

**** PT15 (build quality and durability.)
NICEHCK MX760
DIY MX500
RX-1 (Beautiful)
R4YS (appears to be one of the best volue for the money)

I listen to Rap (80%), Jazz and electronic music most.

What do you guys think could be the best earbud for this type of music?

I want to spend something around 10-15 bucks.
I accepted any suggestions besides the earbuds that i listed.

Thx.
This is a little over budget at around $20 but is a new ‘improved yincrow x6’ called the Yincrow rw-9 with better texture/detail and more foward vocal-mids, but still the general V shaped signature as on the x6.

Even the master himself ClieOS has rated it highly for the price! Would be perfect for Rap and electronic and most likely jazz too (assuming you like your jazz energetic in the treble like I do :)

Definitely seems like the right choice given your description and the yincrow x6 was hugely successful as a budget bud so if this is deemed an improvement it should be a good choice!

http://s.aliexpress.com/AzMRbYrM

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #2,329 of 2,999
This is a little over budget at around $20 but is a new ‘improved yincrow x6’ called the Yincrow rw-9 with better texture/detail and more foward vocal-mids, but still the general V shaped signature as on the x6.

Even the master himself ClieOS has rated it highly for the price! Would be perfect for Rap and electronic and most likely jazz too (assuming you like your jazz energetic in the treble like I do :)

Definitely seems like the right choice given your description and the yincrow x6 was hugely successful as a budget bud so if this is deemed an improvement it should be a good choice!

http://s.aliexpress.com/AzMRbYrM

I think i'm going with R4YS or EMX500/s right now.
RY4S is 5 bucks and EMX500/s are 12U$
If i like these i'll definitely pick this RW9 as an upgrade.

Thx!

May 19, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #2,332 of 2,999
I'm hunting budget cable for my vido. Already ordered couple of type. The one I had is black braided, White sheathed and Kz cable. I love the black braided and regret not ordering more while they're still cheap. The sheathed one looks nice but started getting stiff from splitter up to earbuds. Reminds me of my old tomahawk. Kz is on its way.

If you guys have any experience with good braided cheap cable please do share.

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #2,333 of 2,999
I have a VE Monk+ and I like it so far but unfortunately build quality of it is not the best and it will fail in a next few weeks probably.

At this point is there anything new that can replace the good old monk or should I buy Monk+ again or do you have another suggestion ? My budget is extremely limited for earbuds, lets say $10 incl. shipping.

There are people suggesting "Faaeal" brand. What do you think of it?

May 19, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #2,334 of 2,999
I have a VE Monk+ and I like it so far but unfortunately build quality of it is not the best and it will fail in a next few weeks probably.

At this point is there anything new that can replace the good old monk or should I buy Monk+ again or do you have another suggestion ? My budget is extremely limited for earbuds, lets say $10 incl. shipping.

Monk plus has one of the best builds under $10. Other cheap mx500 buds tends to fail more easily.

Although with something like the $3 vido you could always buy 2 and have piece of mind that way...

May 19, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #2,337 of 2,999

I agree with Sean. Monk+ build is good. Some earbuds below 10usd may have better sound but they won't be as durable sadly. Unless you wait for next Ali sale, you may find some good deals... Best thing you can do is get a $1 clamshell case with another monk+/lite or stretch your budget with something in the 20/30usd range which usually have all the improvements you wish for and a case included.

May 19, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #2,338 of 2,999

Monk plus has one of the best builds under $10. Other cheap mx500 buds tends to fail more easily.

Although with something like the $3 vido you could always buy 2 and have piece of mind that way...

Just a warning about the Vido. I ordered one without a mic and it has a very strange asymmetrical cable, which I now know is called a "J" cable. The sound, in my opinion, is better than my monk plus. If I order another Vido, it will be with a mic, which I understand has the normal "Y" cable design.

May 20, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #2,339 of 2,999
Just a warning about the Vido. I ordered one without a mic and it has a very strange asymmetrical cable, which I now know is called a "J" cable. The sound, in my opinion, is better than my monk plus. If I order another Vido, it will be with a mic, which I understand has the normal "Y" cable design.
Correcto

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back