Absolute best budget earbuds?
Nov 11, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #1,937 of 2,999
Thinking tomahawk as it's available at a good price today

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #1,944 of 2,999
This turns out to be the deal of the day.

The non-mic transparent blue and brown versions are even cheaper. I don't need a mic, so the question is - is there any difference (sturdiness, flexibility..) between these cables? The blue one looks nicer and it seems to have an additional outer coating. I don't have any experience with these types of cables.

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #1,945 of 2,999
This turns out to be the deal of the day.

The non-mic transparent blue and brown versions are even cheaper. I don't need a mic, so the question is - is there any difference (sturdiness, flexibility..) between these cables? The blue one looks nicer and it seems to have an additional outer coating. I don't have any experience with these types of cables.

It's new enough I'm not sure anyone's heard them, and if so we cannot guarantee it'll sound anything like the Graphenes people commonly recommend.

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #1,946 of 2,999
Yes I understand there are no guarantees about the sound (after all, the frequency range is slightly different). What I meant was the physical aspect of the cables - brown is just twisted, blue has that additional outer coating which maybe makes it a bit stronger and better protected.

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #1,947 of 2,999
It'd kind of a divisive topic, as some people are cable believers and some are not. If I wasn't always seeking a great budget earbud with mic, and trust me I've tried MANY of the budget options, I probably would have gone with the blue purely for aesthetics as I'm not a huge cable believer.

The copper looks like the standard EMX500 / DK-Jin cable, which is completely fine with flexibility and I've never had any durability issues. The silver cable is a little harder to tell because so many cables look like this, but I can't think of a one that's had issues in either respect. The blue loosely reminds me of the CampFred 2 cable, but only in the shade of blue. I haven't owned a single cable with this look, so cannot theorize on those aspects. Between the copper & silver, I tend to have slightly more memory issues with the copper cable.

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #1,948 of 2,999
I've just placed an order for one transparent blue MX760 Graphene. Can't wait to get them. :)

Thank you for your comments, man. I was literally picking my credit card intending to order Monk Plus and Headroom MS16 (same price combined as these MX760) when I saw your post an hour ago. My idea was to go gradually upward from the Vido, which sound very nice to my ears after I somewhat pacified that shouty bass of theirs, but I just couldn't resist this one.

Nov 11, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #1,949 of 2,999
Nothing outright impressed me with the MS16, although nothing about it was bad either. Due to price and the additional accessories pack you can buy, if it's not a financial issue I always recommend everyone owning a Monk+, as it's probably the most commonly used budget earbud and makes for a good point of reference. I really do recommend gradually working your way up as it makes for a better experience in my book, but realistically if you're going to eventually buy a top of the line, you do end up spending more money in the long run going this route.

I don't really see this as doing anything but borrowing the Graphene's current fame, but hopefully these have a good sound too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back