Absolute best budget earbuds?
Nov 8, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #1,922 of 2,999
DIY PK2 if you don’t mind treble and instruments>vocals emphasis. It’s a great earbud but doesn’t push vocals or balanced sound out quite like the Cygnus for example.

Close soundstage, has depth but is quite confined on width and height.

Suited towards rock/acoustic music more than pop or vocal. Vocals are decent and have detail it’s just they can get lost in heavy instrumental tracks and begin to sound congested as they are not present enough in those situations.

Has decent separation and imaging but within a small soundstage so it does struggle with that sometimes on atmospheric tracks.

For €13 during 11.11 it’s a steal though.
This sounds pretty much what I hear from my newly arrived docomo with cresyn cable from local seller here in my country. Plus not very transparent sounding. But for the price I get it's still very good.

Coming from the dark EB200 it's really a contrasting sig. After EB200 thick mids I wonder if I can find peace with other thin sounding bud.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #1,923 of 2,999
This sounds pretty much what I hear from my newly arrived docomo with cresyn cable from local seller here in my country. Plus not very transparent sounding. But for the price I get it's still very good.

Coming from the dark EB200 it's really a contrasting sig. After EB200 thick mids I wonder if I can find peace with other thin sounding bud.

I didn't find the mids on pk2 to be thin, it was thick for an earbud that isn't considered bassy or dark. But moving to Cygnus and Stardust the vocals do thicken up even more with each step up the price chart of my pk shell earbuds.

Nov 9, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #1,925 of 2,999
I wonder are there any real differences between NiceHCK DIY Graphene and **** DIY Graphene?

I think it was reported somewhere that they are all the same, just different cables/plugs/shell colors. It was a question for a lot of people given that they are well regarded and that the price varies rather drastically percentage wise from store to store, perhaps someone could give a 100% definitive answer now?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #1,926 of 2,999
How hard is it to drive the PK earbuds? One reason I like my earphones is that they are very easy to drive from my Sansa Clip, whereas most headphones require more gain, which means the batteries run down faster.

So easy. Like the Shozy earbuds they drive at like 70% of my iphone volume at a comfortably load level. They are well driven too and don't sound weak or anything from a mobile source.

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #1,927 of 2,999
I'm a newbie here but i've been following this thread for quite some time now. And i've decided to purchase a emx500 and mx760. Do you think these two earbuds are good to start with? Argh, i badly wanted to buy these earbuds this 11.11 so i'll get discount but poor me since aliexpress dont accept paypal as mode of payment, I've decided to transfer my paypal balance to a credit card but then the transaction is pending and i still dont have the money. Seems like i'm going to miss the sale :frowning2: Is there any upcoming aliexpress sale again? Or would they extend the sale or its just really a 1 day sale?

Pardon my English everyone. I'm from Philippines and i'm not really fluent in English. Thank you!

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,928 of 2,999
I'm a newbie here but i've been following this thread for quite some time now. And i've decided to purchase a emx500 and mx760. Do you think these two earbuds are good to start with? Argh, i badly wanted to buy these earbuds this 11.11 so i'll get discount but poor me since aliexpress dont accept paypal as mode of payment, I've decided to transfer my paypal balance to a credit card but then the transaction is pending and i still dont have the money. Seems like i'm going to miss the sale :frowning2: Is there any upcoming aliexpress sale again? Or would they extend the sale or its just really a 1 day sale?

Pardon my English everyone. I'm from Philippines and i'm not really fluent in English. Thank you!

Typically, the trend with this sale is prices are raised the closer to 11.11 it gets, and in several cases if not many, prices in September end up being cheaper than 11.11. If you cannot afford buds by 11.11, I'd probably wait under after the new year and check prices then as by then they'll hopefully be back to normal.

Nov 9, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #1,929 of 2,999

Some sellers will accept Paypal as an alternative form of payment, try contacting the seller on Aliexpress and ask.

Next sale should be Black Friday if you miss out on 11.11

Nov 10, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #1,931 of 2,999
Thank you for the replies! I also thought of contacting the sellers to pay via paypal but it didn't work for me. I got the money now! Yay. What do you think of those two earbuds(emx500 and mx760)? And any vouchers to get more discounts?
You should try out the emx500 with PK shell listed by one of the sellers. More comfortable than the mx500 type shell I think I'll order one because I'm curious how they fit a 15mm driver in the pk shell.. lol

I'm guessing it will be a different driver tuned similar to emx500 which is interesting to me because I wasn't a huge fan of the emx500 sound signature.

Nov 10, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #1,932 of 2,999
You should try out the emx500 with PK shell listed by one of the sellers. More comfortable than the mx500 type shell I think I'll order one because I'm curious how they fit a 15mm driver in the pk shell.. lol

I'm guessing it will be a different driver tuned similar to emx500 which is interesting to me because I wasn't a huge fan of the emx500 sound signature.

Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is a PK shell? Like what i've said i'm really new when it comes to this earbuds thingy. I've owned some earbuds before but mostly are generic ones or freebies

Update
Seems like i have now a clue what a PK shell is.
Noob question.
Is there any difference with NiceHCK Graphene mx760 https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32821104494.html compared to ****? https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32821840889.html

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #1,933 of 2,999
Is there any difference with NiceHCK Graphene mx760 https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32821104494.html compared to ****? https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32821840889.html

I asked that earlier in this same page and vladstef answered to it. They may be all the same.

Edit: I guess the only difference may be the pouch that comes with the earbuds.
NiceHCK pouch: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1YalKSFXXXXXFXVXXq6xXFXXXR.jpg
**** pouch: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1PqeOSVXXXXXNXFXXq6xXFXXXf.jpg

I have that same NiceHCK pouch that came with DIY PK2 and it is quite nice. You can fit a small DAP into it.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #1,935 of 2,999
I asked that earlier in this same page and vladstef answered to it. They may be all the same.

Edit: I guess the only difference may be the pouch that comes with the earbuds.
NiceHCK pouch: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1YalKSFXXXXXFXVXXq6xXFXXXR.jpg
**** pouch: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1PqeOSVXXXXXNXFXXq6xXFXXXf.jpg

I have that same NiceHCK pouch that came with DIY PK2 and it is quite nice. You can fit a small DAP into it.

Thanks. That's what i thought, just making sure because of the price difference. :)

I'm also thinking of getting an iem, the tinaudio t2 has good reviews. But then, i could only spend 30$. I should have transferred 20$ more i think :/ Well, i'll just get the other headset next sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back