Absolute best budget earbuds?

1. cyh03176
    pk2, Cygnus and Stardust (BK)

great, I will wait for your review.

2. phixion
    I see, thanks man I will check them out!

3. DBaldock9
    I've ordered enough shells, drivers, wires, & plugs - to assemble 9 sets of PK1/2/3 sized earbuds... :ksc75smile:
    5 sets will be gifts for my sister, niece, and great-nieces.
    At least one set are 150Ω drivers, that I'll be keeping for myself.

noknok23, groucho69 and seanc6441 like this.
  4. seanc6441
    The yuin series are a little outdated in terms of SQ to price. If you're looking for good sound for the price look at getting the cygnus in the for-sale forums here for under €50. If you want a budget choice go for DIY pk2 for €15 during the aliexpress sale.

Get cable version 2 or 3 it's a better cable from what I've seen. I got version 3 myself.

5. seanc6441
    I'm making one pair myself, just to see if these diy drivers are half decent :)

6. fairx
    I'll receive docomo and sharp MD soon. Any chance recable on these earbuds will improve the SQ?

7. jant71
    Sharp MD? You mean these...
    [​IMG]
    or these...
    [​IMG]

I do see Sharp has a much newer pair and style of earbuds...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://e-earphone.blog/?p=46999

Pricey at $80-ish. Wonder if they are any good? Certainly a curiosity, lol!
    Seem to be an "ear speaker" type so not the same earbud fit issues and have "huge" 20mm drivers :)...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    golov17 and waynes world like this.
  8. fairx
    It's the first pic. Mx500 style. Lol I didn't know sharp innovate their gear like that. Haha Japan sure love those novel idea.

9. FireDragon76
    I prefer a neutral sound. I don't like excessive bass.

10. chinmie
    with that distance and the size of the drivers, i doubt it could deliver sufficient bass...but i might be wrong. the closest experience similar to these is using earclips like the Koss KSC75, or using bone conduction headphones. both of these have small-ish amount of bass

11. theoutsider
    Earbuds are more comfortable than IEMs and among the earbuds, Yuin shell is the most comfortable to use for long listening session.

12. faser
    PK2 are good idea for that.

13. seanc6441
    DIY PK2 if you don’t mind treble and instruments>vocals emphasis. It’s a great earbud but doesn’t push vocals or balanced sound out quite like the Cygnus for example.

Close soundstage, has depth but is quite confined on width and height.

Suited towards rock/acoustic music more than pop or vocal. Vocals are decent and have detail it’s just they can get lost in heavy instrumental tracks and begin to sound congested as they are not present enough in those situations.

Has decent separation and imaging but within a small soundstage so it does struggle with that sometimes on atmospheric tracks.

For €13 during 11.11 it’s a steal though.

14. FireDragon76
    The main issue I have is that most of the cheaper earphones I've tried are not very comfortable. The Panasonics fit my ears, maybe because they have an oval shape.

15. seanc6441
    pk shells are the best available IMO. compact, form fitting, can rest your head on a pillow without an earache, with foams the seal is good.

You won’t find anything better, merely some other equal shells to it maybe.

I could wear this earbud for 24 hours without music and not be bothered.