Absolute best budget earbuds?
Nov 12, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #1,951 of 2,999
Personally haven't heard many great sounding IEMs <$100, but the VE monks are solidly better than my previous favorite, Sennheiser MX500s for plain old earbuds.
Almost always comes down to preference, open vs close, iem vs earbud. Depending on fit, isolation needs and sensation of closed off vs airy sound. I only use earbuds but could also enjoy open back headphones, never really warmed to closed back headphones and I find IEM's horribly uncomfortable both in fit and sensation.

Nov 13, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #1,952 of 2,999
I received my vido earphones yesterday and I'm blown away by its performance. A big soundstage, warm sound, pleasing to the ears. Can't believe something this cheap can be so good. They sound hundred times better than my faaeal's 65ohm ones which cost 3 times more. I'm going to order another pair of these earphones from AE.
Are there any other earbuds with a 'warm' sound signature that you recommend? The voice has to sound good and not high pitched, my ears are very sensitive to higher frequencies. can't stand 'bright' sounding earphones :frowning2:

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #1,953 of 2,999
Sharp MD if you can get your hand on one. More expansive stage. Detail highs. Sub bass.

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #1,954 of 2,999
Sharp MD if you can get your hand on one. More expansive stage. Detail highs. Sub bass.
Maybe the Yinman series? Is that considered warm-dark and bassy? Plus yo get the beautiful wood finish.

Wait maybe they are bass light, probably not them if yo enjoy Vido sound.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #1,955 of 2,999
Anybody have emx500 and sharp MD can compare these two. Haven't bought any emx500 yet but reading the description I suspect emx500 are sharp MD + recabled.

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #1,956 of 2,999
I received my vido earphones yesterday and I'm blown away by its performance. A big soundstage, warm sound, pleasing to the ears. Can't believe something this cheap can be so good. They sound hundred times better than my faaeal's 65ohm ones which cost 3 times more. I'm going to order another pair of these earphones from AE.
Are there any other earbuds with a 'warm' sound signature that you recommend? The voice has to sound good and not high pitched, my ears are very sensitive to higher frequencies. can't stand 'bright' sounding earphones :frowning2:
New Original YINCROW X6 In Ear Earphone Earbud Flat Head Plug Earplugs PK PK1 MX985 Earbud Kill Monk Earbud Free Shipping
http://s.aliexpress.com/faEzQZR7
2017 Newest PMV B01 AOEDE In Ear Earphones HIFI Earbud Flat Head Earplugs Headset Metal Earbud PK MX500 PK2 Free Shipping
http://s.aliexpress.com/IVFNvymq

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #1,957 of 2,999
So...Svara L

Which version to buy for bass?

And is that 100+ ohm version hard to drive? Can I use it on my phone or do I need to plug it in my FiiO A3?

Just yesterday I discovered I love earbuds and have been listening to my Faaeal 32 ohm over my TFZ Exclusive 5s, Tennmak Crazy Cellos, Svara Reds...
I ordered the exm500 although I don't like that type of shell (I never liked earbuds because they dont stay in my ear)

Dec 17, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #1,958 of 2,999
Jan 3, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #1,960 of 2,999
Hi All,
Happy New Year!

I got really into earbuds in the late '80s and '90s, and now this thread has reawakened my interest so... thanks a lot! I'm blown away at the number of models on Aliexpress etc. and the quality for very little money. I'm pretty sure they were more expensive in the '90s! I remember some Sony Fontopias costing $50-100 which for me back then was $$$$.

Having recently bought the Monk+ and Edifiers I'm just floored. Vido, DIY EMX500, and Graphene in transit!

Jan 3, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #1,961 of 2,999
Hi All,
Happy New Year!

I got really into earbuds in the late '80s and '90s, and now this thread has reawakened my interest so... thanks a lot! I'm blown away at the number of models on Aliexpress etc. and the quality for very little money. I'm pretty sure they were more expensive in the '90s! I remember some Sony Fontopias costing $50-100 which for me back then was $$$$.

Having recently bought the Monk+ and Edifiers I'm just floored. Vido, DIY EMX500, and Graphene in transit!

Welcome plumbjack! I haven't heard the Edifiers, but all of the others are great in their own ways, and really amazing for their prices. Looking forward to your impressions. We'll probably see you around the earbuds thread as well (which seems more active these days).

Jan 3, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #1,962 of 2,999
Welcome plumbjack! I haven't heard the Edifiers, but all of the others are great in their own ways, and really amazing for their prices. Looking forward to your impressions. We'll probably see you around the earbuds thread as well (which seems more active these days).
Thank you Waynes World! I saw that thread but the photos of all the equipment just made me drool! JK. Nice to know that's a more active thread... thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #1,963 of 2,999
Good night guys. Wanted a quick Help.

I am more of an IEM guy, but sometimes i can apreciatte a good earbud. I have a faaeal 64ohm that is good, but sound lack too much bass too me, but i find them confortable, good to listen, seem natural with a lack of fun and spaciouness. I have a vido that i like more, it hass the bass impact. It seems with more soundstage altought with much less precision, i think ? whatever. Basically i find faaeal cold, and vido funnier. The problem is, the faaeal are gorgeous built, and the vido looks like a trash. My question is, my search for something in the middle, sounding better than vido and with a good cable end up with a safe bet on EMX500 ? I don't wanna much complication. I wanted to know if the Emx is more in the side of fun vido, or cold/precise faaeal/monks. Thx.

Other recommendations are welcome. My powerfull source is a small Fiio E70k.

Soundstage and airyness with bass presence is basically what i look for in a earbud.

Thanx in advance.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #1,964 of 2,999
Good night guys. Wanted a quick Help.

I am more of an IEM guy, but sometimes i can apreciatte a good earbud. I have a faaeal 64ohm that is good, but sound lack too much bass too me, but i find them confortable, good to listen, seem natural with a lack of fun and spaciouness. I have a vido that i like more, it hass the bass impact. It seems with more soundstage altought with much less precision, i think ? whatever. Basically i find faaeal cold, and vido funnier. The problem is, the faaeal are gorgeous built, and the vido looks like a trash. My question is, my search for something in the middle, sounding better than vido and with a good cable end up with a safe bet on EMX500 ? I don't wanna much complication. I wanted to know if the Emx is more in the side of fun vido, or cold/precise faaeal/monks. Thx.

Other recommendations are welcome. My powerfull source is a small Fiio E70k.

Soundstage and airyness with bass presence is basically what i look for in a earbud.

Thanx in advance.
Yincrow X6 / RY4S

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #1,965 of 2,999
Yincrow X6 / RY4S
EMX500 is more technically adept than Vido/X6 but I’d say most consider the vido a more’fun’ sound slightly. There’s good reason to suspect the X6 is a better built Vido driver earbud so if you like the vido but want better build quality get the X6.

The EMX500 is still a fun sound but it’s a more consistent U shape signature rather than a Zig Zag signature on the Vido.

Personally I thought the EMX500 was a better earbud but other than the overpowering bass the vido was a solid earbud also.

You can’t really go wrong with the EMX500 or Yincrow X6 but EQ is your friend with the latter IMO.

Have not heard the R4YS but apparently it’s another fun option with more mid bass than emx500. I’d check the reviews on that one too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back