Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 8, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #706 of 2,999
Got my 2 x SHE3800 ytd and i ordered on 20th. Probably gotta wait bro

Anw idk if this is the right place to share, but i got this generic Sony Q140 clip-on from AE. Cost 2.60 inclusive shipping and must say they bring another dimension to listening. Its somewhere in between earbuds and headphones and its rather bassy for now but soundstage is wide, and its very clear and the airy sound is nice to listen to. I can just watch the TV in the living room and talk to my mom at the same time. I dont understand why in the past i would steer away from earbuds and clip-ons (when i was young, delusioned and naive)

At least i am getting right back on track :D

DuKVnMo.jpg

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #707 of 2,999
  I am still waiting for my 3800 earbuds. As per the site, they shipped on 27th Feb but I have not yet received. It should have been delivered till now (between 5-10 days delivery) but not yet done so still waiting for them.

If you ordered from fast tech, their shipping timelines are overly optimistic to say the least. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #708 of 2,999
  I am still waiting for my 3800 earbuds. As per the site, they shipped on 27th Feb but I have not yet received. It should have been delivered till now (between 5-10 days delivery) but not yet done so still waiting for them.

It's only been 9 days, I would hardly call that late.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #709 of 2,999
Anw idk if this is the right place to share, but i got this generic Sony Q140 clip-on from AE. Cost 2.60 inclusive shipping and must say they bring another dimension to listening. Its somewhere in between earbuds and headphones and its rather bassy for now but soundstage is wide, and its very clear and the airy sound is nice to listen to. I can just watch the TV in the living room and talk to my mom at the same time.

I'm a big fan of the Koss KSC75 clip-ons, they are very, very good. There is a thread here if you are interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/638757/koss-ksc75s-dont-forget-this-giant-killer-in-all-the-hidden-gem-hype

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #710 of 2,999

I'm a big fan of the Koss KSC75 clip-ons, they are very, very good. There is a thread here if you are interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/638757/koss-ksc75s-dont-forget-this-giant-killer-in-all-the-hidden-gem-hype

They've been the bees knees since I signed up on this site 11 years ago! Still great but i am partial to the ktxpro1 since it already comes on a headband 
smily_headphones1.gif
 great first recabling project too, you could recable the damn things with a butane torch if you had to.

Mar 8, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #711 of 2,999

They've been the bees knees since I signed up on this site 11 years ago! Still great but i am partial to the ktxpro1 since it already comes on a headband 
smily_headphones1.gif
 great first recabling project too, you could recable the damn things with a butane torch if you had to.

I have the cheap headband but prefer the clips. There are a lot of posts about the pros and cons of both on the other thread so I won't derail this one.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #712 of 2,999
Mar 9, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #713 of 2,999
just got some nokia hs-45's very short cable, surprisingly nice sound, although it seems a bit thin or tinny or as if it needs more power

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #715 of 2,999
  post a pic? might need amping to come alive? curious about em!

I bought them on ebay, tried looking up their specs, like ohms, sensitivity, but I found none, had to buy an extension since they only are about half a meter, something they failed to mention and they also have an asymmetrical cable, the left cable is shorter than the right

the earbuds are actually pretty small diameter and have a rubber ring on them, by looks alone the front looks very cheap and generic, but they don't sound bad at all, if only a bit thin

they also measure pretty good too

compared to a mx500 

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #716 of 2,999
  I bought them on ebay, tried looking up their specs, like ohms, sensitivity, but I found none, had to buy an extension since they only are about half a meter, something they failed to mention and they also have an asymmetrical cable, the left cable is shorter than the right

the earbuds are actually pretty small diameter and have a rubber ring on them, by looks alone the front looks very cheap and generic, but they don't sound bad at all, if only a bit thin

they also measure pretty good too

Ive seen those where the left is shorter than the right even though they have a normal y split, it's supposed to be worn like a j hook, but is just stupid because it doesn't split off higher up like a normal J cable 
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #717 of 2,999
  Ive seen those where the left is shorter than the right even though they have a normal y split, it's supposed to be worn like a j hook, but is just stupid because it doesn't split off higher up like a normal J cable 
confused_face_2.gif

well, the right side is about 82cm from the end of the earbud to the start of the jack and the left cable is only 47cm, so I guess the split does is high like a j cable

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #718 of 2,999
Got my Monk+ in. There is definitely something special there but getting a proper fit for me has been a nightmare. Tried so many different foams and stacking and ear hooks but when ever I stop holding them in I lose all the low end. Becomes all shrilly highs and fatiguing lower mids. I am sure I will find a fit eventually.

Mar 13, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #720 of 2,999
  60 days later I'm still waiting for my Monk+ in Canada. :frowning2:

Did you order from the VE Store on AliExpress?
Both times I've ordered from them, the shipping has been pretty quick, coming here to Houston, TX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back