Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 2, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #676 of 2,999

What a stupid thing to say. Do you really think that is what motivates people?

Look, you've been on here for six months now and have made 270 posts. You're not a newbie anymore, don't you think it's time to start giving your feedback instead of asking the same questions over and over again?

I gave my feedback on Monk+. That time many people did not like because I mentioned  that there is no Bass in Monk+ and started abusing me. But you know, now almost everyone is agree and you can see people are saying E808 or Qian25 or 3800 has much more bass and better sound than Monk+. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #677 of 2,999
  Tax time and I thought I would take a few bucks and try a few cheaper earbuds ***** and giggles. 

So if I was to pick 3-5 cheaper ones to order what would some suggestions be. 

I have read through the entire thread over the last couple of days and it has sort of all bled together. I think there are a ton of great options but would like to buy some things in the range of my personal house sound.

I am huge fan of the KSC75 and Sony MA900. Those are my two go to headphones.

I am going to order the Phillips off of fastech as soon as I get paid tomorrow but past that I am sort of lost would like to snag a few others.

Also if someone wants to pm me some IEMs that are in that sound range and not to overly expensive I would really appreciate it. Don't want to steer the ship off topic.

Thanks so much for the great reading.

Are you looking for earbuds or IEMs?

Unfortunately I haven't found an earbud that will compete with the KSC75. The closest I have found is the TY Hi-Z 150 but at $20 is is pushing the 'budget' category and it really isn't as good.

However, budget earbuds have a charm of their own and you won't go wrong with most that are suggested on here. My recommendations would be:

Sony E808+
Qian39
SHE3800

In that order.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #678 of 2,999
Thanks. What is L Shaped Sound? I know V shape which is enhanced Bass and U shape which is same level of Bass + Treble. Not sure abt L Shape though. Also, where is E808+ available to buy? What is Rumble and Warmness meter for TY Hi-Z 32s according to you :)
I can't compare as I don't have 32s. You can see my inventory in profile.

If you can gasp U and V shape its easy to understand what L sound means. Bass is elevated but mid and treble is not. Perhaps I can safely say she3800 roll off its highs a little too early. But still good. No hotness in 6-8k region. no sibilant. However she3800 bass still low compared to iem. They're tighter than most iem though.

On more thing is. Your rumble definition might not same as my rumble. We all hear things differently. That's why you have to try and judge it by yourself. No one can do that except you. Words are semantic and sometimes their meaning can be vague.

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #679 of 2,999
Are you looking for earbuds or IEMs?

Unfortunately I haven't found an earbud that will compete with the KSC75. The closest I have found is the TY Hi-Z 150 but at $20 is is pushing the 'budget' category and it really isn't as good.

However, budget earbuds have a charm of their own and you won't go wrong with most that are suggested on here. My recommendations would be:

Sony E808+
Qian39
SHE3800

In that order.

Thanks Willber. I am looking at earbuds can't stand iems in my ear. Plus the Godzilla walk, as some people call it, drives me crazy.
The iem suggestion was for my partner he loves my ksc75 but would love to have a bit more isolation. He uses and likes the DT990pro and his Bose (don't freak out) powered speakers. He will be using them for walking so I don't want to get him a super expensive pair. Brainwavz had a two for one sale on the deltas was thinking of them and 3950 Phillips.
Thanks for your suggestions it will dive back through the thread to snag ordering links.

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #680 of 2,999

I've always made it clear I always use amps, and I always EQ. So there are a lot of times people buy something I say has more bass than the rest with amp and EQ to find out they're using an iPhone with no or almost no EQ.

Just in case you are wondering, I have both qian25 and ad 39  and the 39 is naturally much  bassier, fyi, though imo the qian 25 performs quite well (better than monk plus, maybe better than monk), is more balanced, and clearer. i listen straight from generic sources with little eq usually.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #681 of 2,999
I gave my feedback on Monk+. That time many people did not like because I mentioned  that there is no Bass in Monk+ and started abusing me. But you know, now almost everyone is agree and you can see people are saying E808 or Qian25 or 3800 has much more bass and better sound than Monk+. 

The thing is, nobody agrees as such, there is no common consensus, we all have our own impressions (eg I prefer the Monk+)

The only way to know what you personally will like is to try it, with your sources, your preferences, the music you like etc.

I agree by the way that the Qian39 is bassier than the Qian25. It's not my preferred sound signature, but it's very good at what it does, and also very comfortable.

However, you didn't like the construction of the Monk+ if I remember. I think the Monk+ look better made than the Qian39, which have really thin wires.

If your dislike of IEMs is purely the microphonics and you really like the sound you've heard from Apple earbuds, have you considered / tried the Earpods? They might suit you perfectly. I've only ever tried them briefly and haven't owned them, so I can't comment on the sound signature or the bass levels myself. Have you tried them? I wouldn't imagine they'd have any microphonics, as they don't seal as such.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #682 of 2,999
I can't compare as I don't have 32s. You can see my inventory in profile.

If you can gasp U and V shape its easy to understand what L sound means. Bass is elevated but mid and treble is not. Perhaps I can safely say she3800 roll off its highs a little too early. But still good. No hotness in 6-8k region. no sibilant. However she3800 bass still low compared to iem. They're tighter than most iem though.

On more thing is. Your rumble definition might not same as my rumble. We all hear things differently. That's why you have to try and judge it by yourself. No one can do that except you. Words are semantic and sometimes their meaning can be vague.

Got it. Thanks for the info. I am eagerly waiting for 3800 now so I can test and provide my view. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #683 of 2,999
The thing is, nobody agrees as such, there is no common consensus, we all have our own impressions (eg I prefer the Monk+)

You're completely right.

Earbuds appreciation it's about the same all other subjective analysis like, for example, movie reviews. Usually when all critics bash or praise a film, you have a first clue of what to avoid and what to take a closer look. Afterwards, what really matters is how much empathy you have with a particular critic. Once you find a match, you know you can trust the next review.

What I have done in the past months was to read all these passionate posts and learn from you what was worthy to try. Bought a dozen of cheap earbuds, tried them and now I'm able to understand in first person what you guys were talking about. I will agree with some of you, will disagree with others, but that's part of the experience.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #684 of 2,999
@AkashS04  i am genuinely glad to see you've got a pair she3800. I like mine a lot and they have great bass. I hope you will share your thoughts on them when you get them. Always remember the more buds you have heard, the more people can and will help you out!

I am sad to say unless the e808+ shows up on aliexpress again, there is no easy way to get them, that doesn't involve forwarding services from china. Unless anyone knows of an aliexpress store carrying them i don't?

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #685 of 2,999
  @AkashS04  i am genuinely glad to see you've got a pair she3800. I like mine a lot and they have great bass. I hope you will share your thoughts on them when you get them. Always remember the more buds you have heard, the more people can and will help you out!

I am sad to say unless the e808+ shows up on aliexpress again, there is no easy way to get them, that doesn't involve forwarding services from china. Unless anyone knows of an aliexpress store carrying them i don't?

You order this one and leave them in a message that you want E808+ instead.  Maybe a good idea to contact them beforehand to check if this is still the way to purchase the E808+

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-High-Quality-Fashion-Design-Headphones-Earphone-Headset-Mic-with-Remote-for-all-mobile-phone/32616955158.html

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #686 of 2,999

I agree.

This is what I received from the AE seller (reliable, in my experience):

"You can buy using the following link, and then leave a message in the order, 'Send E808+' "

Here is the link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-WH-208-In-ear-Stereo-earphone-with-Mic-Remote-Control-For-Nokia-Lumia-1020-930/1909638_32772950026.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.haXpyd

Before anyone asks, no, I haven't tried this, but I have no reason to distrust the seller. I have previously bought three from him.

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #687 of 2,999
Jupiterknight Willber
The seller is super unresponsive as i have contacted them twice. Once for the Takstar EP100 and the 2nd time for the E808+ and got no response. No problems with the stuff i bought from them tho but the before purchase services just aint there.

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #688 of 2,999
@Jupiterknight @Willber
The seller is super unresponsive as i have contacted them twice. Once for the Takstar EP100 and the 2nd time for the E808+ and got no response. No problems with the stuff i bought from them tho but the before purchase services just aint there.

That's disappointing.

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #689 of 2,999
I can't remember which thread where I read the recommendation, but a few people here recommended the philips she3800.

I'm happy I listened (no pun intended). :) These are very nice at the price. They are noticeably less neutral (a bit brighter) than the monk plus, but these sound very good at the price. 

At less than $5 shipped, a stunning value. I think these are a bit less versatile than the monk plus, since they stray noticeably from neutrality, but I think they are also a little more engaging at the outset and make a strong first impression. I'm glad I bought them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back