Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 2, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #691 of 2,999
Just got the she3800 today. Bass blows away every bud I own and the rest sound not bad either. I paid less than $4 shipped. Incredible value , though im not sure I even want that much bass, and there is slight microphonics issue where you can hear the plastic-ness of the bud.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #692 of 2,999
  @AkashS04  i am genuinely glad to see you've got a pair she3800. I like mine a lot and they have great bass. I hope you will share your thoughts on them when you get them. Always remember the more buds you have heard, the more people can and will help you out!

I am sad to say unless the e808+ shows up on aliexpress again, there is no easy way to get them, that doesn't involve forwarding services from china. Unless anyone knows of an aliexpress store carrying them i don't?

I hope so. I ordered from FastTech and it will be delivered by next weekend only. If SHE3800 is good, then no hurry to order E808+. I wanted some review on UiiSii U2. It looks beautiful due to Flat Cable and Red+Black colour but seems they don;t have good Bass and Warm sound signature. And I did not come across any other earbuds which has flat cable. It is more common in in ear ones.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #693 of 2,999
  Just got the she3800 today. Bass blows away every bud I own and the rest sound not bad either. I paid less than $4 shipped. Incredible value , though im not sure I even want that much bass, and there is slight microphonics issue where you can hear the plastic-ness of the bud.

Congratulations. So we need not to burn them? I mean need not to listen to them for few days before they open up properly? Hope they are warm too.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #694 of 2,999

You order this one and leave them in a message that you want E808+ instead.  Maybe a good idea to contact them beforehand to check if this is still the way to purchase the E808+

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-High-Quality-Fashion-Design-Headphones-Earphone-Headset-Mic-with-Remote-for-all-mobile-phone/32616955158.html

I agree.

This is what I received from the AE seller (reliable, in my experience):

"You can buy using the following link, and then leave a message in the order, 'Send E808+' "

Here is the link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-WH-208-In-ear-Stereo-earphone-with-Mic-Remote-Control-For-Nokia-Lumia-1020-930/1909638_32772950026.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.haXpyd

Before anyone asks, no, I haven't tried this, but I have no reason to distrust the seller. I have previously bought three from him.

The Link opens some other earbuds and not E808+. Or do these sellers have E808+ and they can send if we msg them to do so?

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #695 of 2,999

I agree.

This is what I received from the AE seller (reliable, in my experience):

"You can buy using the following link, and then leave a message in the order, 'Send E808+' "

Here is the link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-WH-208-In-ear-Stereo-earphone-with-Mic-Remote-Control-For-Nokia-Lumia-1020-930/1909638_32772950026.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.haXpyd

Before anyone asks, no, I haven't tried this, but I have no reason to distrust the seller. I have previously bought three from him.

The Link opens some other earbuds and not E808+. Or do these sellers have E808+ and they can send if we msg them to do so?

Yes, that is what they told me, using the link above to a different product.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #696 of 2,999

As I said and I can only refer to my own experience, I contacted the seller that I previously had purchased the 808+ from and the next day he gave me that link and to leave a message to ship the E808+ and they confirmed right after I ordered.  I'm still waiting for these to arrive so time will tell what I actually will receive.  Again, I would contact them before ordering to make sure they still have 808+ in stock and that this is still the right procedure to order them.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #698 of 2,999
This is a link to my post in the other thread a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up/17640#post_13264758

I agree with @Jupiterknight's advice above.

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #699 of 2,999
Just to throw it out there/here and mentioned earlier in this thread by Bloodypenguin I believe .... are quite impressive at their $10 price tag (price keeps changing!)..  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-New-Arrival-In-ear-Earphones-Flat-Head-Plug-Earphone-HiFi-Bass-Earbuds-DJ-Earbuds-Heavy/32789344867.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.KUilNn  Very impressive sound stage, deep bass, slightly harsh upper mid range and a decent treble extension,  overall on the warm side but bright at top frequencies if that makes any sense... combined with a actually very pleasant low freq. punch that on some tracks extend relative deep and fairly controlled.. So a V-shaped sound signature but in a good way, very enjoyable and fun to spend some time with...  I might think it is technically better than the SHE3800, E808+, Q39.. all my favorite cheapies....time will tell and after I have recabled them all...

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #700 of 2,999
  Congratulations. So we need not to burn them? I mean need not to listen to them for few days before they open up properly? Hope they are warm too.

They do not need burn in and they are not warm. A modest but noticeable treble lift.

Where does this notion come from that earbud drivers benefit from burn in?

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #701 of 2,999
She3800 (new arrival) have insanely powerful bass - for me its too much, i might even call it boomy. But it really is a great bud for the price. It has MUCH more bass than qian39, or any other bud I've tried for sure. 

K's 64 ohm seem to have dropped off my radar for the last couple of weeks, I dunno why, i find the following to be better choice.

Lately my buds of choice:

Ty Hi Z hp-32 - when i want a low (it has great bass) and warm, and even slightly muffled (though i feel strange saying that) sound, its now my choice, good for some stuff, like percussive stuff or quicker bass where bass is not constant. To my ears the bass is bigger than qian39 i think. Maybe a way to describe it is Wooly just cuz the bass in it seems to dominate.

***Faaeal 32 ohm*** - this bud is kicking ass as my all rounder. It has great bass (not overblown, just right impact), and represents everything well. Also, its cable is the best looking. And its only 5-6 bucks. I'd love to hear some other impressions of this earbud. To me its somewhat similar to qian 25 ( i consider an allrounder), but better in every respect. I would love to hear other impressions of this earbud because if you asked me what the best deal in earbuds is right now, I would probablly say this. I listen to a lot of rock but also orchestra type stuff and quiet music. No matter what the genre so far this thing shines, not always the best (though often the best) but always well. 

Ty Hi Z Tp-150 - its thinner than 32, but the bass comes in there well and does not overpower. Its a more nuanced bud but with a more 3 dimensional sound. crisp highs, ooo yeah maybe i like this thing. 

Note: i use generic sources like iphone and laptop

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #704 of 2,999
  Not sure about Burn-in concept. BTW, is 3800 not warm? So do they have harsh treble? I guess any earbud or in-ear with enhanced treble will sound harsh only. 

I agree with vapman's assessment above. They have a modest treble emphasis. It's not objectionable but it's immediately noticeable. The treble is not what I'd characterize as being 'harsh.'

I like the monk plus better, since they are more neutral. 

The 3800's are a fantastic value, and sound really good. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #705 of 2,999
  I agree with vapman's assessment above. They have a modest treble emphasis. It's not objectionable but it's immediately noticeable. The treble is not what I'd characterize as being 'harsh.'

I like the monk plus better, since they are more neutral. 

The 3800's are a fantastic value, and sound really good. 

I am still waiting for my 3800 earbuds. As per the site, they shipped on 27th Feb but I have not yet received. It should have been delivered till now (between 5-10 days delivery) but not yet done so still waiting for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back