Absolute best budget earbuds?
Feb 14, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #2,101 of 2,999
I've wanted to like the BK's, they are ok, but they have this harsh spike in the 2 to 5K range that just drives me nuts, and they are a bit too mid forward for me. There was someone on here who heard the BK the same way as I hear them, can't remember who. Anyway, I know that there a lot of people who love the BK and as @seanc6441 said, to each their own.
And to add to WaynesWorld’s question, what foams are you using?

Feb 14, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #2,105 of 2,999
Huh! I've been calling my $29.90 NICEHCK graphenes the "old" ones, and the $17.99 NICECHK graphenes the "new" ones. But you are saying there's and older and newer version of the $29.90 ones as well. Whew! I got my $29.90's on Sep 2017, so I guess I have the newer ones.

So to be clear, I have the newer $29.90 ones, and the $17.99 ones. Got it!
If you have the cable where it is oxidizing than you probably have the early ones. The new Graphne from Nicehckfor $29.99 sounds fuller and a bit less bright. The cabke is thicker and has a nice softer texture to it. Here is a link to my impressions on the three I have. Also thmy impressions on the new Nicehce Graphne has changed from my initial observation as it really had not broken in yet.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EarbudsAnonymous/search/?query=Ajay

Feb 14, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #2,106 of 2,999
If you have the cable where it is oxidizing than you probably have the early ones. The new Graphne from Nicehckfor $29.99 sounds fuller and a bit less bright. The cabke is thicker and has a nice softer texture to it. Here is a link to my impressions on the three I have. Also thmy impressions on the new Nicehce Graphne has changed from my initial observation as it really had not broken in yet.

The cable on graphene’s I own has a rubbery/grippy quality to the coating on the braid. It’s not oxidising so far.

As for the bk I think the stock or regular donuts sound best so no issues there. Maybe it’s just not your preference of forward vocals compared to the graphene’s recessed midrange.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #2,108 of 2,999
What did you pay for it? My new one I got for the $29.90 price is rubbery/grippy as well. I got it mid December.
$29 the same as you, the cable was also updated to this kind on the nicehck pk2 so I’m guessing he revised all his copper braided cable buds of this type to a more durable coating. It’s alright I’m not a huge fan of the feel of it but it does its job and looks/functions well.

As a side note the pk2 shell was tuned to produce a different sound slightly so it stands to reason the SQ may have changed for the graphene in some way also.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #2,109 of 2,999
$29 the same as you, the cable was also updated to this kind on the nicehck pk2 so I’m guessing he revised all his copper braided cable buds of this type to a more durable coating. It’s alright I’m not a huge fan of the feel of it but it does its job and looks/functions well.

As a side note the pk2 shell was tuned to produce a different sound slightly so it stands to reason the SQ may have changed for the graphene in some way also.
Sounds like you have the current version then.

Feb 14, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #2,112 of 2,999
I do think the Graphne's are bright but not too bright and never (to my ears) offensive or harsh.

I guess I associate "bright" with "offensive or harsh", but I suppose you are right.

I find the PT15's to be fairly bright though (ie leaning towards fatiguing after a while). Do you find that also? I do like their sound, but I prefer the graphenes and other (warmer) buds.

If you have the cable where it is oxidizing than you probably have the early ones. The new Graphne from Nicehckfor $29.99 sounds fuller and a bit less bright. The cabke is thicker and has a nice softer texture to it.

Oxidizing? You mean "Completely oxidized" lol. I guess I have the older $29.90ers.

Here is a link to my impressions on the three I have. Also thmy impressions on the new Nicehce Graphne has changed from my initial observation as it really had not broken in yet.

Thanks!

Feb 14, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #2,113 of 2,999
Are the graphene's the best in the price bracket?

It depends on your ears, preferences, sources etc. Some people love them, others not so much.

Another one to consider though is the Moondrop Nameless. I don't have them (yet), but they get a lot of praise, and are similar to the $29.90er graphenes (but apparently smoother), and are less expensive I think.

Feb 14, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #2,114 of 2,999
Are the graphene's the best in the price bracket?
Too subjective. Graphene’s for V shaped sound are recommended by many, EMX500 for deep bass and some treble sparkle in a U shape signature. Pk2 are best for acoustic I feel. Seahf F150c probably do well in metal and maybe rock.

Everyone has a different opinion on these buds and your only bet is to use the earbud survey as a reference and/or give more detail as to what kind of sound signature or genre you enjoy.

Feb 14, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #2,115 of 2,999
Seahf F150c probably do well in metal and maybe rock.

Seahf AWK-F150C are in my ears right now.. sounding great..I never listen to metal. Seem like good all rounders to me. Using a good dap. I always use good daps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back