Absolute best budget earbuds?
Feb 12, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #2,086 of 2,999
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #2,089 of 2,999
i have the emx 500 , R4YS and graphene mx 760 ( new version blue cable)

as far i am concerned.. the first 2 are somewhat similar but the R4YS has better clarity and wider soundstage and the emx 500 has better depth soundstage . in terms of bass they are both somewhat the same but better in their own ways.. if u prefer sub bass to mid bass then emx 500 is better but overall R4Ys has better bass throughout the soundstage and also has some sub bass..graphene is a different sound signature though... its tuned more towards impact weighty thick sound and depth soundstage and doesnt have the excellent articulation ( the flow of sound from top to bottom) of the emx 500 or R4YS...

But the graphenes will articulate more in terms fo forward backwards depth.. if u are mainly a concert, classical theatre hall music listener then the graphenes will do better.. than the other 2... or if u always listen to high res sources of this sort

For movie watchers, everyday youtube and mp3 or processed music or synthesized, emx and r4Ys is better...
I have the Nicehck MX760 Graphne for $29 and they are way better than the EMX500 in every aspect, and it's not even close. Just my opinion though. Also not all Graphne's are created equal.

Feb 13, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #2,090 of 2,999
I have the Nicehck MX760 Graphne for $29 and they are way better than the EMX500 in every aspect, and it's not even close. Just my opinion though. Also not all Graphne's are created equal.

That's my opinion as well. I like the "new" ones also, but the "old" ones are really good (and unique).

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #2,092 of 2,999
What are the differences from the old to the new one? They have a more than 10$ difference
As far as I know the only one to get is the Nicehck one. It is by far the better sounding one and most expensive at $29.90. All the others do not have the same sound as this one. The bass being the most obvious difference, mids and treble are much more refined than the cheaper ones. The very first Graphne's which came out in late June to early July of 17 (Also from Nicehck) are very unique in that they are very resolving more so than the newer ones by Nicehck, though the newer ones have more and bigger bass and better texture, are just as resolving, but warmer in the mids and top end. I love them both and would easily take these ofer the Shozy BK which I have. Those who thought the original Graphne's were too bright, and or harsh will find the newer ones by Nicehck more to their liking. Again it's the ones for $29.90.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #2,093 of 2,999
Huh! I've been calling my $29.90 NICEHCK graphenes the "old" ones, and the $17.99 NICECHK graphenes the "new" ones. But you are saying there's and older and newer version of the $29.90 ones as well. Whew! I got my $29.90's on Sep 2017, so I guess I have the newer ones.

So to be clear, I have the newer $29.90 ones, and the $17.99 ones. Got it!

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #2,094 of 2,999
I love them both and would easily take these ofer the Shozy BK which I have.

Btw, i havent heard the BK's, but that doesn't completely surprise me - the newer 29.9ers are awesome and are my most listened to buds.

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #2,095 of 2,999
Huh! I've been calling my $29.90 NICEHCK graphenes the "old" ones, and the $17.99 NICECHK graphenes the "new" ones. But you are saying there's and older and newer version of the $29.90 ones as well. Whew! I got my $29.90's on Sep 2017, so I guess I have the newer ones.

So to be clear, I have the newer $29.90 ones, and the $17.99 ones. Got it!
I also have the same as you (I think), Im sorry but they don’t hold a
Btw, i havent heard the BK's, but that doesn't completely surprise me - the newer 29.9ers are awesome and are my most listened to buds.
IMO they aren’t in the same league but to each their own.

I don’t get the hype over them but I can acknowledge they have good detail retreival in the treble but are quiet harsh and bright so it’s not without consequence.

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #2,096 of 2,999
I don’t get the hype over them but I can acknowledge they have good detail retreival in the treble but are quiet harsh and bright so it’s not without consequence.

I'm not hearing any harshness or brightness. It's almost like we are listening to different buds. Oh well.

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #2,097 of 2,999
I'm not hearing any harshness or brightness. It's almost like we are listening to different buds. Oh well.
More likely our different sources! I’ll try it again on my new Cayin N5ii dap I want to buy soon. That should be a real test of quality for the graphene’s being a higher quality source than anything I currently own :)

It’s more likely source and ear differences than the buds being drastically different themselves.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #2,098 of 2,999
I've wanted to like the BK's, they are ok, but they have this harsh spike in the 2 to 5K range that just drives me nuts, and they are a bit too mid forward for me. There was someone on here who heard the BK the same way as I hear them, can't remember who. Anyway, I know that there a lot of people who love the BK and as @seanc6441 said, to each their own.

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #2,099 of 2,999
More likely our different sources! I’ll try it again on my new Cayin N5ii dap I want to buy soon. That should be a real test of quality for the graphene’s being a higher quality source than anything I currently own :)

It’s more likely source and ear differences than the buds being drastically different themselves.

Congrats! It will be interesting to see how the n3ii affects all of your buds. Should he good!

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #2,100 of 2,999

Users who are viewing this thread

Back