About the Sennheiser HD 6XX and HD 58X..
May 29, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #16 of 16
Thank you @dbf909 for your reply - really glad you could shed light on this topic from actual experience - means a lot!

Now THIS is exactly what I wanted to know. A nice comparison from a user who actually owns both pairs! From what it sounds like I made the correct choice based on what I wrote above and I am glad you were able to share a similar viewpoint on how they (should) compare sound wise!
No problem - glad I could provide my opinion...

I find it really easy to get wrapped around the axle in the analysis, consideration, and comparison of the many many choices of components and the technical details of each one. I'm an engineer and pretty much naturally go there as it has been my vocation for a long time. It is actually a huge part of what makes audio and this hobby fun and fascinating for me - the incremental pursuit of technical perfection.

However, I have to force myself on occasion to take a step back and consider that the music is the other (primary) attraction. When I stop and consider this, most times the equipment just disappears and what is left is the music - which is really the most enjoyable and important thing for me. Enjoy the music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back