A tale of 2 IEM's (Montser Turbine Copper 1 vs Monster Turbine Copper 2) How different burnin techniques gave me two unique IEM's
Aug 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #121 of 179
If I read him correctly, a guy who worked on the Turbines for Monster Cable confirmed this.

Quote:
 if the company tests their samples for consistency

Aug 27, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #123 of 179
Would I be wrong to say my preference of burn in would be just using them casually?

I don't doubt your procedure, but I really would like to just listen to them at normal volumes.

Would this result in not the best sound compared to all the noise files?

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #124 of 179
I just listened to them casually the first time I had it. I didn't really do any special burn in or anything like that.

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #125 of 179
Katun, I believe it helps to go to a louder volume than normal but you can just go to regular volume levels if your uncomfortable, I just can't say how good the breakin process will be. Personally I have never ruined a pair of headphones or earphones burning them in with slightly louder than normal volumes especially when using a sislnce during the burnin to give them a break.

Sep 3, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #128 of 179
yup and yup :) the first one you listed used more brown the second uses more pink and white.

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #129 of 179
i have grabbed both flac files by dweaver and i use whichever i feel is closer to my needs

for instance , i burned the re-zero (which is low on bass) using the brown-heavy noise file

i am burning my re-262 as we speak with the pink-white file (as the bass is fine without burning in) in order to bring out more the mid/high freq

whether this files owrk , or it's just my ears adjusting , i can not tell for sure

point is , that 2 days ago the 262 sounded like crap , now they sound pretty good and definitely much improved from day 1

i will continue using the pink-white noise file a few more days , cause i see nice changed here...
Again , thanx to dweaver for making these 2 files

one for bass-low IEMs
one for treble-low IEMs

Cheers

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #130 of 179

[size=medium]
Starting the burn-in of my new Coppers tonight. The initial listen proved that they were well worth the money and should be a wonderful new set of 'phones for me to enjoy. The burn-in will be the following, on repeat, for appx 6 hrs:

1 hr dweaver's B-P-B-W-B file
30 sec frequency scan
1 hr dweaver's B-P-B-W-B file
30 sec frequency scan
1 hr dweaver's B-P-B-W-B file
10 mins silence

Hopefully it burns in nicely!

Edit: My computer went to sleep or something so it only ran through one hour of dweaver's file. Right now I'm at about the 3rd hour of burn-in and I plan on leaving them playing the playlist for a few more hours.
[/size]

Jan 18, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #131 of 179
So after about 8 hours of burn in, something strange happened...when I listened to them, the bass actually sounds quite a bit more recessed and the midrange seems to be the most forward thing of all. Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #132 of 179
I found that continuing to burn in the headphones will start to balance them out, you can also use my alternative burn in file which has a lot more pink and white noise in it as it may help give a more balanced signature. Other than that just continue to burn them in at night for a couple more days. I thought everyone had forgot this thread it had been so long since there was a response in it :). I hope you enjoy your IEM's when they are burned in, I do know that my tests showed a serious swing in the sound signature as they burned in and the bass did come back while still retaining more forward balanced mids.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #133 of 179
This thread is awesome, I was so happy to find it! And I will run another couple nights of burn-in on them. But, how would playing more pink and white noise help reduce the already overly forward mids? The way I had understood it, playing a certain kind of noise tends to bring out that type of sound, so playing more white and pink would only augment the problem. Right?

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #134 of 179
Hmmmm, actually you may be right LOL. I guess what I found was the lower midrange became more pronounced when I used the brown heavy file versus the pink and white heavy file which tended to work the upper midrange more. But to be honest I think the midrange will likely settle down a bit as they burn in more. But I did create that brown file to specifically work the heck out of the bass and lower midrange and it did seem to affect my one pair of Copper's a lot, making them much more forward in the lower midrange adding alot of warmth to them,  until they had a physical defect issue and had to be replaced.

I do stick to my theory that the initial burnin can make a permanent change in the way a dynamic based headphone or IEM will sound though. If it's true your Copper's will settle down as they burnin but will retain a slightly added warmth and more forward midrange. I really liked mine and wish I had followed the exact same burnin with their replacements but curiosity got the better of me and I changed things up and the result was a more recessed midrange with less warmth.

Anyway glad you like the thread and have fun burning in your pair and more importantlly listening to your music. :)

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #135 of 179
hi dweaver

i just got turbine gold,  how did you burn in your IEMs to get most bass out of them? what volume?

i downloaded your b p b w b file , how should i use it to burn in? i know there is 10 mins break,   would it damage the drivers if i keep playing the file stragiht?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back