A Pair of HP-1000's just went for $45.00 on Ebay!
Oct 25, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #271 of 283
I think the fundamental feeling is “Damn one of us could have gotten a Great Deal” and it hurts that one of us screwed it over.

I would have Loved to have gotten them for $45 but if I didn’t get them then one of us should have and I could take pleasure in their incredible luck.

Mitch

Oct 25, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #272 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz

1) correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the HP driver housings supposed to be aluminium? The original auction displayed black driver housings...

2) on the re-list, the headphones seem to be missing the drivers altogether.

Having said all that, going back to the original auction - even with crappy drivers, I would have paid $50 for the body alone.

Just my 2c.

wrong.

The HP-2s pictured in the original auction contain indeed the metal enclosures/housings so not sure what you are seeing/saying here..plus the black silkscreen cover on the driver housing is the authentic driver housing material and color on the HP-1/2/3...[size=xx-small](furthermore, this is also same black material that covered early RS-1/2's drivers. The early RS's with the brown headband and gold lettering...which came in the box series 1 from GLNY)[/size]

The cans in this auction that the seller is trying to sell a second time, reneging on the first completed listing, do not include the pads..making them look strange perhaps in the pics..is all.

Oct 26, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #273 of 283
Yay. Bring on the shill bidding.
rolleyes.gif

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120045430934

-Ed

Oct 26, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #274 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
Okay, clearly Jeff.h was being a jerk and reading from his most recent post he still seems to be one, but all of us have been jerks, made mistakes, at some point in our lives. And being a jerk, as stupid as it is, isn't any sort of crime. I think 10 pages of bashing is quite enough for verbal punishment, isn't it?

No. I believe 30 or 40 might be closer to the target.

Oct 26, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #275 of 283
Wow...900 dollars now and still 8 days left on the auction. Let me remind some of you that Muveling just sold his pair for 1200 dollars, and his HP-2 is in much better condition than this one. How can anyone be sure that this HP-2 is in a perfect working order? I don't plan to bid on this listing, but I don't think this one worths more than 1100 dollars.

Oct 26, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #276 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.h
Oh for ****s sake,

First off, yes I was being very much an ******* in doing that, but when you sell something on ebay and the auction closes that is it. It is done and you have to live with your mistakes, whether you like them or not. It was too bad for the guy, and I just wanted to let him know his thoughtlessness for letting those go at such a price.

Now for him to close the auction and screw over the guy who originally won is absolutely pathetic. That is on a level or worse than what I did in sending him that message, and that guy deserves every damn cent he has to pay in re-listing fees for breaking ebay policy and robbing the initial winner of his prize. It was NOT my intention for this to happen, and I am truly sorry to the guy who lost out on these. That doesn't mean anything at this point really but I thought I would let you know anyways. I sent the seller a message notifying him that is was completely ****ed of him to close the auction out of stupidity and greed and screw the winner like that, and that I hope he learns a harsh lesson incurring all those re-listing fees not to **** people around on ebay. I did not think that once an auction was closed and WON that it could be cancelled, I have made some mistakes there before and once the auctions closed I paid for them like I should have for not being smarter.

And to all of you who think I would just vanish and dissapear without another word again you can just **** right off. I posted this what, YESTERDAY? I don't just sit on these bloody forums all day like some of you.

Anyways, I will take my leave now as I should. You all have a fun time whining and pissing a 12 page river over a pair of "might have been's"

Good day .

muhahahaha. I would have thought that after making a bad decision you would have a little more respect. Trust me, your contribution to this thread will surely be missed.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #277 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Wow...900 dollars now and still 8 days left on the auction. Let me remind some of you that Muveling just sold his pair for 1200 dollars, and his HP-2 is in much better condition than this one. How can anyone be sure that this HP-2 is in a perfect working order? I don't plan to bid on this listing, but I don't think this one worths more than 1100 dollars.

according to Edwood, there's some shill bidding going on...the high bidder is a brand new ebayer
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #278 of 283
Sorry, just couldn't pass this observation up...

At first I believe it was Welly.wu that took the "most hated person" on head-fi trophy for his dumb ass comments (came across one or two myself); I've heard people bashing Dr. Arthur Wells as well, and he definitely comes in second from what I observed. Well, move over Arthur, Welly; here comes Jeff h! possibly the most hated headfi member of all time... Just to make this interesting... does the thread starter mind posting a poll on this??? (JUST KIDDING, JUST Kidding...)
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #280 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ
An "average" nothing special 1600 sq. ft. 3 bedroom house in the San Fernando Valley averages about $600,000.

Quote:

So please, no one take offense.

None taken.

Quote:

I just want to know, and to learn more about what goes into your decision process when you continue to purchase more and more and more equipment and it's never enough...

Thank you.

Some things are just the way they are. It's hard to explain to anyone who is an 'outsider' and doesn't see things from the same perspective.

You live in the San Fernando Valley despite the insane real estate prices there, and knowing that there are a zillion more affordable places to live. A number of goofy Head-Fi'ers (myself included) keep buying more and more headphones despite the fact that we don't 'need' them.

Oct 26, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #281 of 283
A lot of you really do need to grow up.

I was never mad at Jeff.h for what he did. He did what thousands of head-fi post-ers do: post without thinking. You'll notice some people have been here for years and their post counts are sub-500. You'll notice some people posting once a day. Then there are others...

Add to that the fact that original bidder wasn't mad. Grow up. You make Jeff.h out as some base, defiling hater-of-all-that-is-good that is lurking these forums to screw people over, intentionally working his way into the seller's head to cancel the bid and violate the terms of his eBay contract to ruin the bidder's life for all of eternity.

Mob mentality really is a wonder.

Oct 26, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #282 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Sticking the knife into him with the "then told him I hope that $50 goes to good use!" was a nice touch.

Mitch

an additional nice touch was him coming back and telling all of us to ****** off.
oh, but he had no bad intentions, right? a pure mistake, just a silly little accident. I'll print up the "Kick me for Good Reason" signs if someone is willing to paste them on his back.

Oct 26, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #283 of 283
Sorry follks, but this one has gone down the toilet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back