A new music player after a J3
Apr 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #31 of 35
After having thought a moment, I think I surely bought the latest generation apple is currently selling. Why would Amazon sell an old version ? Because, when you type on amazon.co.uk "ipod classic", you directly find the one I bought, not the one which is said to be the 7th generation. 

Sorry, I'm french, and there are some words I don't know yet... What is a "faceplate" ? ^^ (and I hope I don't make too many mistakes ^^)

But all in all, there are minor differences, not major differences, aren't there ? 

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:
After having thought a moment, I think I surely bought the latest generation apple is currently selling. Why would Amazon sell an old version ? Because, when you type on amazon.co.uk "ipod classic", you directly find the one I bought, not the one which is said to be the 7th generation. 

Sorry, I'm french, and there are some words I don't know yet... What is a "faceplate" ? ^^ (and I hope I don't make too many mistakes ^^)

But all in all, there are minor differences, not major differences, aren't there ? 

The 7th is in either 120 or 160. The 6th is 80 or 160. The 160gb 6th gen is thicker and heavier-.53 inches thick compared to .41, and 5.7oz vs 4.9.

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #33 of 35
thicker ?! I thought the size of the iPod classic didn't change since the third generation... 

The Classic I ordered has this size 4.1 / 2.4 / 0.41  

On the apple website, the size of the Classic has exactly the same size as the one I ordered on Amazon

So, I may have the new classic, still called "6th gen" by apple, but called unofficially "7th gen" ?

And when I receive it, how could I be sure that this is the latest generation ? 

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:
thicker ?! I thought the size of the iPod classic didn't change since the third generation... 

On the apple website, the size of the Classic has exactly the same size as the one I ordered on Amazon

So, I may have the new classic, still called "6th gen" by apple, but called unofficially "7th gen" ?

the 7th gen is just used by head-fiers i think. the official name is still 6th gen, i think. on wikipedia, apparently they call it 6th gen 2nd revision. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod_Classic

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

If it is .41 inches thick, and is 160gb, it is the "7th gen" or 6th gen rev 2. The 6th gen/6th gen rev 1 got thicker with the higher storage size (according to Google)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back