A New Hybrid from Indeed Hi-Fi Labs: does this look fun?
Nov 15, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #152 of 355
Just bought a Sylvania too. I will let you know how it goes
normal_smile .gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #153 of 355
I have a small collection of tubes waiting, or in route, to roll into my Indeed that is on its way: a Philips Jan 6922, an RCA 6922 (Siemens silver shield), a Mullard ECC88/01, a Philips Miniwatt PCC88, a Telefunken PCC88, a Siemens PCC88, and a Heerlen Amperex 6dj8. I'll try to get some pics posted...

There are some very good eBay auctions at the UK and German sites. Caveat Emptor, though. There are some real obvious NEW tubes being pushed as NOS out there. But there are some bargains too: the Tele and Siemens PCCs were won at a Euro each plus shipping (<$15 total), and the Mullard was less than $20 shipped.

Even if they suck big time, I can show them off with the old Zippo lighters and other curios in my study. There will be other amps down the road, too... besides Christmas and Hanukkah are coming. Head-fi stocking stuffers?

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #154 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a small collection of tubes waiting, or in route, to roll into my Indeed that is on its way: a Philips Jan 6922, an RCA 6922 (Siemens silver shield), a Mullard ECC88/01, a Philips Miniwatt PCC88, a Telefunken PCC88, a Siemens PCC88, and a Heerlen Amperex 6dj8. I'll try to get some pics posted...

There are some very good eBay auctions at the UK and German sites. Caveat Emptor, though. There are some real obvious NEW tubes being pushed as NOS out there. But there are some bargains too: the Tele and Siemens PCCs were won at a Euro each plus shipping (<$15 total), and the Mullard was less than $20 shipped.

Even if they suck big time, I can show them off with the old Zippo lighters and other curios in my study. There will be other amps down the road, too... besides Christmas and Hanukkah are coming. Head-fi stocking stuffers?

Keep us updated about which one you like best
regular_smile .gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #156 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Small Collection ??

Well... they are miniature tubes. LOL

I tried to find some of the classic ones from the "expert" sites. I'm proud of the Siemens RCA, the Mullard and the Tele already, whether they sound good in the hybrid or not. The RCA is my most expensive... and it was only $20.

I'm getting antsy over the amp, as it left HK on the 11th. I figure another week til it arrives: just in time for Thanksgiving holidays. Time off to play!

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #157 of 355
I am really digging the stock tube with my SRH840's and other budget phones. Probably have 50+ hours on it at this point. I don't know if I noticed a whole lot of change other than a slight smoothing out of the sound. Anyone know how long it takes to burn in tubes like these? I want to make sure this is burned in fully before testing out the 7308 that I bought from Boomy. For someone who uses efficient headphones and doesn't anticipate buying any power hogs anytime soon, this has been an unreal investment. For a little under $60 delivered it is a superstar for me. Anyone know what the equivalent USB dac might be? Sub $75 superstar?

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #158 of 355
The AMB y1 seems like the cheapest hi-end DAC. I'm very happy with mine and can only imagine replacing it when (if ever) I've put about a grand into the other components.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #161 of 355
I just bought a used GoVibe in the for sale forums that I want to try out as a DAC with the Indeed. Although the one thing I like about the Indeed as well as other tubes is the "Flavour". The flavour of the Realteck soundcard on my netbook is not bad. so bypassing it with a seperate DAC make flatten the SQ a bit. Oh Well. Tasting is what is the most fun.

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #162 of 355
just thought i post another opinion on the 7308 vs the original 6N11 in the Indeed amp. I got my 7308 from boomy as well. I think ive got enough settle time on both of the tubes to make an assessment. Im running FLAC files off of a rockboxed ipod with a line out dock to the amp. For what its worth all the sessions were through the sweetcome cabled k240s... to the tubes! the 6N11 does sound very nice and i was quite happy with it until i settled in the 7308. As most people post, the 7308 opens up the stage and clears/smooths out the highs. I would agree, but i would rather listen to the 6n11 if r&b/pop is what im in the mood for. Mainly because i found the bit veiled uppers made beat oriented music more enjoyable. Any classical or acoustic music really benefits from the 7308 as you could imagine. The best i can come up with for this comparison is its like removing the foam between your ears and the driver found on most cans. Overall the 7308 is a better tube, but if you are on the edge and are happy with your 6N11 just keep it and put the money towards cables which IMO are a better investment and even better find lossless files such as FLACs. (take with a grain of salt, this is coming from a tubie noobie...) happy listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #164 of 355
Nov 19, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #165 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeewee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems like theres 2 different versions for sale for the same price.
Original: Valve Class A Hybrid Tube Headphone Amplifier Indeed on eBay.ca (item 290365s001992 end time 29-Nov-09 11:21:45 EST)
New: Valve Class A Tube Headphone Amplifier preamp audio amp on eBay.ca (item 260495668768 end time 22-Nov-09 11:37:40 EST)
I'm planning on getting the newer version but has anyone tried it yet?

Two different vendors. The Indeed claims that other versions (Bravo) copy their design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back