A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!!
Oct 14, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #348 of 386
  Hi Everyone,

The winning name is the Apex Spire from Eddie C in Canada!

I am sorry about the late announcement but it was decided right before the beer social at RMAF and we had some technical difficulties that evening.

SO, Eddie C, email me at todd@ttvjaudio.com with your shipping info and we will send one out to you once we have a production model ready. We think mid to late November for that to happen.

A huge thanks to all who participated. There were many good choices as well as many very clever names that we had to wade through to get to the winner. It was fun looking through all of your ideas!

Todd

I guess I was close with The Spectre.

Spire, Spectre ... almost the same :)

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #351 of 386
Per the OP, this contest finished this past Saturday evening.

Anyone know the winning name/poster?

Oct 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #353 of 386
I would like to thank everyone esp. Todd and Pete for selecting my entry 
bigsmile_face.gif

Before I submitted my entry I have never heard of Apex, and after seeing how the products are named after geography, topography I searched online for geography,geology,topography terms. I wanted it to be named Pinnacle and Arete but i found out they were already Apex products, and when i wanted to submit Summit i did a quick "search the forum" and found out it was already submitted.
The name had to be simple and have a ring to it, less is more in this regard.

I always wondered about amps, whether or not they are worth it for the sound improvement. I didnt want to settle with a cheap amp because differences would be minimal and at the same time it cant be too expensive for me because I am a college student. I only own tdk ba200, earsonics sm3, and audio technica esw9, might have to get a pair of expensive cans to experience the performance of the amp, and have friends with LCD's, HD800's etc to test it out. Headfi members in Calgary can look forward to testing it in upcoming meets!!

Thanks again everyone and if I were to choose an entry to name the amp it would be Apex Great Barrier Reef by Textfeud 
beyersmile.png

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #359 of 386
Congrats bud! I'm glad it went to someone who would probably otherwise have to pass on such a high end piece of gear because of the cost. And I'm glad it went to someone who submitted a cool name.

You gotta do an unboxing vid when it arrives.

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #360 of 386

Users who are viewing this thread

Back