A little about the Shozy Alien
Jan 6, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #706 of 3,124
I don't think there's anything on utube atm, but here's a couple of shots already on my computer.

Check the gallery toohttp://www.head-fi.org/t/733349/lightbox/

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #709 of 3,124
Hey!

Nice pics..

Do you think the Fidues, of all the IEM's was the best match? And why?

It is the best pairing from my inventory of IEMs, and actually planned placing them together.

Mainly because A83 is quite detailed and technically sound, so a good source helps benefit both devices. Plenty of discussion about how I've rated A83 above many $500 IEM I've heard and some even more expensive than that, truthfully. I believe (I've said it before) that Alien is capable enough to take A83 to their ceiling or roof level in performance meaning, I'm not sure another higher source would retrieve much more out of them, that's a great thing. 

If anything I feel Alien could probably go further and have constant thoughts of buying another 1Plus2 unit as I believe that would be in short, absolutely awesome sound quality. I think Alien is a unit that will only compensate what you plug in, this isn't to say it will sound bad with a lower tier earbud but its potential to scale up an IEM of higher quality is there in spades. You can feel it wants to get up and go.

But its not all rainbows and lollipops, some people find the A83 / Alien pairing to hiss a little, whilst I can hear it on the quietest tracks its not a concern in my opinion. From all the gear I have here I regard the A83 / Alien one of my top shelf pairings. 

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #710 of 3,124
Just ordered one of these last night after reading this thread, coming from HK to the UK so it's going to take a couple of weeks :)
Hope it pairs well with my IE8's until my new ADEL U8's turn up :)

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #711 of 3,124

Please post their reply... this thing has me very frustrated and confused.

Hello Darryn,  
Please try to find another card (better be of smaller capacity). If it flickers that means there is a compatibility problem, most likely it is the card.
If not try using foobar to convert waves and it should be okay in most situations.

Let us know if you have any troubles using it =)

Regards,

Subject: shozy alien problem
Message: hi just received the alien, and it doesn't appear to read any regular wav files, but it does read most flacs. I use a fat32 32gb card, also the led flickers constant different light colour while in use?
thanks
darryn

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #712 of 3,124
  Hello Darryn,  
Please try to find another card (better be of smaller capacity). If it flickers that means there is a compatibility problem, most likely it is the card.
If not try using foobar to convert waves and it should be okay in most situations.

Let us know if you have any troubles using it =)

Regards,
Charles WongÂ
Subject: shozy alien problem
Message: hi just received the alien, and it doesn't appear to read any regular wav files, but it does read most flacs. I use a fat32 32gb card, also the led flickers constant different light colour while in use?
thanks
darryn

Thanks for posting this. I am using a 4gb sandisk card so I don't that is the issue. Maybe I'll try Foobar.

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #714 of 3,124
  Thanks for posting this. I am using a 4gb sandisk card so I don't that is the issue. Maybe I'll try Foobar.

i've just bought a 16 gb sandisk ultra and its exactly the same as the 32gb, no wavs will read. Have you tried a flac file? you might be in the same boat as me. its a relief when you actually hear a song played on it

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #715 of 3,124
i've just bought a 16 gb sandisk ultra and its exactly the same as the 32gb, no wavs will read. Have you tried a flac file? you might be in the same boat as me. its a relief when you actually hear a song played on it

What program are you ripping your WAV files with? Can you try finding another ripper, even a free one online and rip a fresh album, then try.

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #716 of 3,124
What program are you ripping your WAV files with? Can you try finding another ripper, even a free one online and rip a fresh album, then try.

I was using windows media player to sync, nothing. I then tried putting them on the microdisc straight from the computer folders, same. ive also tried using a different computer. I can play the stored wav files from the microdisc on other devices, just when put the same disc in the alien it wont read them.

Again ive download a trial of dbpoweramp to convert to flac, most files on an album will play but there are a handful of flacs on an album that also wont read

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #717 of 3,124
I was using windows media player to sync, nothing. I then tried putting them on the microdisc straight from the computer folders, same. ive also tried using a different computer. I can play the stored wav files from the microdisc on other devices, just when put the same disc in the alien it wont read them.

Again ive download a trial of dbpoweramp to convert to flac, most files on an album will play but there are a handful of flacs on an album that also wont read

OK, dbpoweramp has a ripper, when you have time try ripping a fresh CD (in straight WAV) and see what happens. Reasons I'm saying is because all your WAV files won't play, not one or two, none.

I use dbpoweramp for my conversations and to be honest I've never even tried a WAV file on my Alien. But, I do have one or two FLAC files which won't play, and that's a strange case as they're ripped from the same album where every other files plays.

At this stage I don't think your Alien is faulty, more having compatibility problem.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #719 of 3,124
OK, dbpoweramp has a ripper, when you have time try ripping a fresh CD (in straight WAV) and see what happens. Reasons I'm saying is because all your WAV files won't play, not one or two, none.

I use dbpoweramp for my conversations and to be honest I've never even tried a WAV file on my Alien. But, I do have one or two FLAC files which won't play, and that's a strange case as they're ripped from the same album where every other files plays.

At this stage I don't think your Alien is faulty, more having compatibility problem.

hey hey, I ripped a fresh cd in dbpoweramp and it did indeed read the wav files whats that about, great tip! is db a higher quality ripper than windows media? I was cynical to be honest but sure enough its the first wav file that I have been able to put on the alien. i'll try a few more and see if it skips any tracks

I can take in the sound of the alien with pleasure now without racking my brain
dt880smile.png
. Now at this stage I notice my side buttons are actually affecting the volume level, I can switch across tracks enough for the volume to decrease to whisper levels, but im just happy ive seen some wav files accepted

Jetblack08, if you are still having issues i'd really recommend the above and rip a fresh CD in something like dbpoweramp, it worked for me first time.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #720 of 3,124
Probably something your old CD extracting program was or wasn't adding to the files confused Alien. Seems you're good to go now.

About the navigation ring, try getting in the habit of using the side of your thumb rather than the full thumb print. This covers a smaller surface area and limits pressure on the ring.

Most of all enjoy the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back