A little about the Shozy Alien
Jan 8, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #736 of 3,124
I've also started to grab 8gb cards and started to do "mixtapes"...

Ok, anyone else going all nostalgic and doing the same? Who's bought an Alien, and found themselves doing that? Whats on it?:)

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #737 of 3,124

Ok, anyone else going all nostalgic and doing the same? Who's bought an Alien, and found themselves doing that? Whats on it?:)

Staph.
Pl0x, no.

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #738 of 3,124

Naw, just a 16gb card here, I'm quite old school listening to the same music for a long time, but I can see the potential in these mixtapes you speak about!

And for anyone wondering I'm still dead set on the A83 / Alien over DX90 after further testing.

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #739 of 3,124

Top idea!! Now I just need an easy way to store half a dozen 8Gb cards
tongue_smile.gif

Naw, just a 16gb card here, I'm quite old school listening to the same music for a long time, but I can see the potential in these mixtapes you speak about!

And for anyone wondering I'm still dead set on the A83 / Alien over DX90 after further testing.

Glad to hear that you're preferring the Alien, H20 - you've saved me some $$$ having to try out the DX90. I have, however, just received a competitor (of sorts) - the HUM Pervasion. It has a screen and is Android-based so it's not a direct competitor and it's not as small, but even at around $350 it's another serious performer from China

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #740 of 3,124

I'd do that, but on a 64G card instead, and have it play in shuffle mode. One big mixtape that's like a box of chocolates every time you turn it on :)

Now all somebody needs to do is sell me an alien cheap!

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #742 of 3,124
I'd do that, but on a 64G card instead, and have it play in shuffle mode. One big mixtape that's like a box of chocolates every time you turn it on :)

there is one for sale on a french forum

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #743 of 3,124

Top idea!! Now I just need an easy way to store half a dozen 8Gb cards
tongue_smile.gif

Glad to hear that you're preferring the Alien, H20 - you've saved me some $$$ having to try out the DX90. I have, however, just received a competitor (of sorts) - the HUM Pervasion. It has a screen and is Android-based so it's not a direct competitor and it's not as small, but even at around $350 it's another serious performer from China

$350? Any picture you can show us next to Alien to grasp the size difference? 

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #744 of 3,124

$350? Any picture you can show us next to Alien to grasp the size difference? 

These pics are pretty rough, but hopefully give an indication:

There's some preliminary info here and an unboxing video I made: http://www.head-fi.org/t/720512/obscure-chinese-daps/435#post_11205225

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #745 of 3,124

These pics are pretty rough, but hopefully give an indication:

There's some preliminary info here and an unboxing video I made: http://www.head-fi.org/t/720512/obscure-chinese-daps/435#post_11205225

a screen!!!!!! holy crap, guy, A SCREEN!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #747 of 3,124

a screen!!!!!! holy crap, guy, A SCREEN!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOL!

^ be a happy stoneage monkey!
tongue.gif

Double LOL!!

The Pervasion isn't replacing the Alien just yet despite it's screen, but they're good competition for one another in terms of SQ

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #748 of 3,124
lol I watched that video before seeing it posted here. Start up time seemed pretty horrendous (30s)

Maybe it gets better once it gets recharged or something

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #749 of 3,124

That's what I'm doing, a 64gb card shuffled using my shuffle method outlined in this thread a few pages back. Although there is no resume function I just pop the card out, delete all the songs I have listened to, pop it back in and kinda picks up where I left off without having to skip 30 tracks lol

Kinda...
There is a feature when converting MP3's or ripping to FLAC/WAV to do some processing in foobar, I believe crossfade could be applied. It might be an interesting experience to make a mixtape, even of just 10-15 tracks but have them crossfading etc. You can even merge to making 1 file apparently, therefore making gapless.

Oh the joys of the Alien...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back