A little about the Shozy Alien
Jan 5, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #676 of 3,124
  Anybody know if this is a good match for the Sleek Audio SA7 (unamped of course)? Just picked one up new for $100...

The SA7 that is. Still waiting for a good deal for the Alien, but I just spent $550 on audio stuff... "Sorry 'bout your wallet" sounds right...

[BREAKDOWN: K7XX-$200, E18-$120(trying-to-sell), E12-$99, NX1-$32, SA7-$100+$15- for shipping] 

Tada! 

same question for the sa7 here

Jan 5, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #677 of 3,124

Make sure your Alien has some charge. (preferably a full charge)

A few pages back we were talking about a sleep mode Alien goes into when the battery is low.

It will still show a power light in this mode but won't be flashing green/blue.

Flashing green/blue = all systems go = music should be playing.

Let us know how you go champ.

hi guys, just received my alien and I seem to be in the same boat. no sound/noise at all on a 32gb card, put a few standard cd albums on it. I have the constant red light when off/charging, but when turned on the led flickers between white, green, blue and red. tilting the angle slightly gives a different colour. Assuming mine is dead also then?

Jan 5, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #678 of 3,124

same question for the sa7 here

Planx gave it up for $100; he only listened to it once, and has fantastic CIEM's that probably blow it out of the water so he never used it again. All the better for me 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 I just hope it sounds good, I've heard mixed reviews.

Also just picked up the Alien for $100 including shipping, fees, etc.

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #679 of 3,124
  hi guys, just received my alien and I seem to be in the same boat. no sound/noise at all on a 32gb card, put a few standard cd albums on it. I have the constant red light when off/charging, but when turned on the led flickers between white, green, blue and red. tilting the angle slightly gives a different colour. Assuming mine is dead also then?

try fomating it to fat first, or try another card plugging the power in

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #680 of 3,124
  Planx gave it up for $100; he only listened to it once, and has fantastic CIEM's that probably blow it out of the water so he never used it again. All the better for me 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 I just hope it sounds good, I've heard mixed reviews.

Also just picked up the Alien for $100 including shipping, fees, etc.

ahhhh, i talked to planx too....but am in EU.....so no sens for me....lucky you!

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #682 of 3,124
  yeah ive done so, placed just one cd album on it and its still the same. death silent with flickering colours. the card reads on my fiio x5 so looks like im sending it back  
angry_face.gif

The exact same thing happened to me. I sent it back and they sent another that just arrived today. It is doing the same thing.... I refuse to believe they sent two defective items. I must be doing something wrong.

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #684 of 3,124
Has anyone compared this, audio wise, with a Hisound Studio 3rd?

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #685 of 3,124

The exact same thing happened to me. I sent it back and they sent another that just arrived today. It is doing the same thing.... I refuse to believe they sent two defective items. I must be doing something wrong.

ive re formatted a few times with just one album and its the same, nothing else on the 32gb card. it reads fine on two other devices, its when the card goes is in the Alien the led goes haywire so it must not be reading it.

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #689 of 3,124
Guys are you sure you've only put single layer folders on the sd cards? It got me on this at the beginning too....

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #690 of 3,124
  The LED on my alien is just blue or red when charging. No green, no color switching.

mine is fine when charging it stays red, but when it is turned on to use, if the card is in, the light flickers different colours. when the card is not in it remains green. just playing the flac file now and indeed it remains flickering as the file is playing

ive been syncing with windows media player, maybe that has something to do with the wavs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back