A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter
Feb 17, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #241 of 347
Had these for an entire workweek now and I couldn't be happier. Relatively neutral tuning that's still a lot of fun to listen to.

I'm doing all my listening on a Sansa Clip+ as I still have yet to replace my stolen AK Jr., so I'm sure they are going to sound even better with a proper source.

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #246 of 347
Hi, guys, I'm in the market for a universal IEM now, and noticed that ALO is selling b-stock Jupiter at 549, which seem to be a decent price. How do you guys like this model, and how does it hold up with the newer offerings of campfire audio and options from other companies around the 500-600 mark? Thanks in advance. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #247 of 347
Jupiter is better than orion/nova/lyra ii. 
Andromeda is technically superior to Jupiter ("refined Jupiter"), but some people think the bass is too thin on andromeda
Vega is for bassheads but also technically superior to Jupiter as well.

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #249 of 347
   Thanks for the reply and information. I see that you have EX1000, HD650 and had IE80, and I also own all 3. Could you please compare the sound signature of the Jupiter with those?  Thanks

Well first off, the EX1000 is my personal favorite dynamic driver earphone of all time. Its also almost 7 years old now but it still has the absolute best quality bass texture and extension I've heard in an IEM.  Jupiter doesn't really come close there for me, in both extension and quality. This could be arguable, but I'm a dynamic driver bass fan over balanced armature bass.  However, its mids and highs are much smoother than the EX1000.  As you own the EXK you probably know there is a nasty surprise known as a treble peak that sometimes rears its head on certain tracks.  In terms of soundstage jupiter also doesn't come close to the airiness and openness of the ex1000, but the ex1000 can become fatiguing after a couple hours whereas jupiter's neutral but smooth sound.  While the ex1000 is a V shaped signature, the jupiter is more along the lines of neutral, though there is a noticeable dip in the upper mids on the jupiter to prevent harshness but some say that throws the timbre off.  Detail retrieval on both is pretty close, but I'll give the advantage to the jupiter for its quick moving quad armature design.  

The IE80 was one of my first "higher" end iems, so although its not technically that good it still holds a special place in my heart.  Its even more V-shaped than the ex1000, and it has massive mid bass.  For me that's not a good thing as I prefer subbass over a midbass bloat.  Overall tonality if I remember was dark, and it does not elicit as many details as either the ex1000 nor the jupiter.  Soundstage is about the same as the jupiter from what I remember, but overall mids were too veiled for my tastes. The IE80 would not be a dynamic IEM that I'd say competes in the ballpark with the likes of the jupiter. 

Onto the HD650, the closest to soundstage you'll get to the hd650 out of the 3 iems would be the ex1000, though still not really close because HD650 cheats by being an open back full sized headphone.  Sound signature wise I think it is the closest to the jupiter, in that both are neutral sound signatures  with no apparent emphasis on any specific frequency across the board.  

If you're looking to upgrade your IEMs for noticeably better sound and you own the EX1000, IE80, and HD650 already the only true benefit of getting the jupiter would be a better fit/isolation if you wear them outside.  My ex1000 live in my house because wind noise and lack of isolation make it hard to use outside.  Depending on what you listen to and prioritize in your sound the Jupiter will either be an upgrade or a sidegrade to the ex1000's, for its asking price of $799 new I would not buy it, but for a little more than $500 on the deals website or black friday sales I think its practically a steal.

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #250 of 347
Wow, thanks for the great reply! That's indeed a lot of valuable and helpful information.Personally I have rather mixed feelings about the EXK, mainly because of sometimes it sounds a little harsh, and the fit is not the best.From your opinion I guess for me getting the Jupiter might be the way to go, as what I was looking for was a better fit and lower profile nice sounding solution on the go. (Pretty happy with the HD6XX on my vali2 + modi multibit stack right now)

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #251 of 347
  Wow, thanks for the great reply! That's indeed a lot of valuable and helpful information.Personally I have rather mixed feelings about the EXK, mainly because of sometimes it sounds a little harsh, and the fit is not the best.From your opinion I guess for me getting the Jupiter might be the way to go, as what I was looking for was a better fit and lower profile nice sounding solution on the go. (Pretty happy with the HD6XX on my vali2 + modi multibit stack right now)

Being a primarily dynamic driver fan, I didn't expect to like the Jupiter when I took the plunge, but I had to see what all the hype was about when campfire's first set of offerings came out.  I'm glad I was pleasantly surprised.

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #252 of 347
I'm surprised these don't get more love. I've had mine for about six weeks now and I love them. I feel like there was a lot of hype when they were released as a TOTL IEM, but are getting overshadowed by the superior, but not head and shoulders better (at least from what I've read), Andromeda and Vega.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #253 of 347
I believe it's still the best performance to price ratio in their lineup for a little over 500 in B stock condition

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #254 of 347
Tried the Jupiters today, alongside the Andromeda and several of the other campfire iems. Really enjoyed the Jupiter but I must say that they are surprisingly large, enough so that I'd think twice about choosing them over the Andromeda or even the Nova. Didn't demo them long enough to form an opinion on comfort, but I could see it becoming an issue after several hours, just like how the StageDiver 4's bulkiness just becomes so apparent after wearing it for an extended period of time. Any owners here care to comment on comfort?

Also tried the new SpinFit TwinBlade tips - they seal and isolate amazingly well, given the short nozzle length and shallow insertion of the campfire iems. Definitely worth checking out if you own any of the campfire line-up.

Apr 3, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #255 of 347
Quote:
  Tried the Jupiters today, alongside the Andromeda and several of the other campfire iems. Really enjoyed the Jupiter but I must say that they are surprisingly large, enough so that I'd think twice about choosing them over the Andromeda or even the Nova. Didn't demo them long enough to form an opinion on comfort, but I could see it becoming an issue after several hours, just like how the StageDiver 4's bulkiness just becomes so apparent after wearing it for an extended period of time. Any owners here care to comment on comfort?

Also tried the new SpinFit TwinBlade tips - they seal and isolate amazingly well, given the short nozzle length and shallow insertion of the campfire iems. Definitely worth checking out if you own any of the campfire line-up.

Comfort has never been a problem for me. My ears aren't huge, but definitely are above-average though. My biggest complaint is that sometimes the metal is a little cold when you first pop them in. Otherwise, the sit in my ear very nicely and I rarely ever notice them.

Thanks for the heads up on the SpinFits. I've been growing a little tired of Complys and have been thinking about trying something different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back