A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter
Jan 3, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #211 of 347
Looks like the hype on these has died down a little bit.

Anyone have the CK editions? Would love to read a "long-term" review of the Jupiters. I'm trying to decide between Jupiters and Andromedas, coming from Fostex TH-X00s.

How would the sound compare?

Jan 3, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #212 of 347
CK (cerakote) is just a coating on the outside of the shells to help durability and doesn't change the sound.

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #214 of 347

Anyone have the CK editions? Would love to read a "long-term" review of the Jupiters. I'm trying to decide between Jupiters and Andromedas, coming from Fostex TH-X00s.

Had both and uh, sold both.

Andromeda is more neutral, with a slight midbass lift. Amazing air, treble extension/smoothness and basically a good all-rounder. Sound-wise it does most things perfect, except I thought the bass hits and decays too fast. I'm pampered by the dynamics in my collection. You can however play with tips and sources for a warmer sound. Foam tips + Mojo brings out the bass more.

Jupiter, compared to Andromeda, has a slower, more lingering midbass, which lends a bit more richness to the music, but can sound haphazard in fast tracks. The treble is similar to Andro, but there's a slight dip in the mids which makes it lack presence. Soundstage depth is also less compared to Andromeda. It's quite airy, but less than the Andro bcos of the increased midbass.

Coming from TH-X00 which has a nice, rich signature with thick bass, mids and a smooth treble, Jupiter sounds more alike. But if it's a bass-rich sig you're after, why not consider the Vega? I think the latest review by Anakchan said Vega reminded him of the TH-900.

Cheers.

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #215 of 347

Had both and uh, sold both.

Andromeda is more neutral, with a slight midbass lift. Amazing air, treble extension/smoothness and basically a good all-rounder. Sound-wise it does most things perfect, except I thought the bass hits and decays too fast. I'm pampered by the dynamics in my collection. You can however play with tips and sources for a warmer sound. Foam tips + Mojo brings out the bass more.

Jupiter, compared to Andromeda, has a slower, more lingering midbass, which lends a bit more richness to the music, but can sound haphazard in fast tracks. The treble is similar to Andro, but there's a slight dip in the mids which makes it lack presence. Soundstage depth is also less compared to Andromeda. It's quite airy, but less than the Andro bcos of the increased midbass.

Coming from TH-X00 which has a nice, rich signature with thick bass, mids and a smooth treble, Jupiter sounds more alike. But if it's a bass-rich sig you're after, why not consider the Vega? I think the latest review by Anakchan said Vega reminded him of the TH-900.

Cheers.

I wasn't considering the Vega mainly because of the price but maybe a used pair could be had.

What other IEMs are close to the TH-X00 / 900s?

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #216 of 347
  I wasn't considering the Vega mainly because of the price but maybe a used pair could be had.

What other IEMs are close to the TH-X00 / 900s?

Sorry, my experience with the cans are limited (owned TH-X00 last year, haven't tried TH-900). Maybe others can chime in, or maybe ask the basshead thread?

However Jupiter B-stock for $500 is an extremely good price.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #217 of 347

Sorry, my experience with the cans are limited (owned TH-X00 last year, haven't tried TH-900). Maybe others can chime in, or maybe ask the basshead thread?

However Jupiter B-stock for $500 is an extremely good price.

Yeah, it seems like a good deal, but when purchasing B-Stock all sales are final and they don't refund or exchange at all. Seems sketchy considering I haven't heard them.

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #218 of 347

yeah i  just got the CK editions via bstock sale today.....just listening now for the first time !!! 8)

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #219 of 347
  yeah i  just got the CK editions via bstock sale today.....just listening now for the first time !!! 8)

I'd like to see some pics of the "imperfections" these came with. Also, did they say on the site that they were CK edition?

There are some there now for $579 that I'm thinking of grabbing, but they're not listed as CK.

Also, how's the bass and overall sound? Can you compare them to anything else?

Jan 7, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #220 of 347
  I'd like to see some pics of the "imperfections" these came with. Also, did they say on the site that they were CK edition?

There are some there now for $579 that I'm thinking of grabbing, but they're not listed as CK.

Also, how's the bass and overall sound? Can you compare them to anything else?

yeah, so, there was an issue during the express shipping where they ended up on the wrong coast.  Campfire refunded my shipping thankfully. 
I didn't notice ANYTHING  wrong with them at first inspection, despite being b stock . They were the CK edition  from the site. Maybe i grabbed the last pair of CK B Stock?
I've had a lot of different IEMs, er4pt , a pair of westones, Dunu 2000, shure 535s, triple fi 10s,  to name a few , currently just have have FLC8s and Bose QC25s (bose for work, as i'm a video editor)

these really shine with soundstage, vocals and drums.  the bass has a really sharp attack, the sound's pretty full. another thing i'm noticing quickly is you can really notice the room tone, hiss from the recordings, which goes away once the music starts. the isolation is great, fit is comfortable.  to me, after first listen, you can noticeably tell where the curve is in the upper mid's/ treble in the sound...i think these truly give you a sense of the mixing/room tone as it was intended.  with the isolation being good, i'm finding that i'm able to keep volume levels down.

I need to listen to them much more to give better info, this after a first listen (directly thru my macbook pro) 

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #223 of 347
  Anyone have a good cable with mic to interchange?  Spend a lot of time on the phone unfortunately, and I could use a second set for daily use.

You could try the Pinnacle P1's mic cable

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #224 of 347
wow, after listening to these a lot more over the weekend, i'm really happy with the purchase.
isolation has been great. out of the headphones i've owned, i'd say they 'd be most similar to the CE6Ps or Dunu 2000s, but way above that level. They're much more bass
heavier ,  but only one track i was like, damn thats way too bass heavy. Fit is super comfortable and they don't feel heavy.  They're fun to listen too, and i like that they're not that neutral like Westoes

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #225 of 347
After been addicted to the Vega and the Andromeda I popped the Jupiter in my ears today and am loving it.

I remember why I first fell in live with these IEMs.

This time i am using the Reference 8 cable instead if the original Tinsel cable, it certainly gives it more body and brings thr mids up more. Excellent detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back