A good replacement for q-Jays
Oct 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

StarMatt

Head-Fier
Hello,
My q-Jays just died (left monitor stops and goes, must be a problem with the cable) and Amazon uk won't replace them because they are now unavailable. I bought them £90 (110€ as I live in France) at the time, and I can't buy another pair since they now reach easily 200-250€. After some research, I found the UE 700 and from the different reviews I read, they seem to be a pretty decent replacement. So I might buy them, but I wanted to know if there was a better pair of IEMs that would compete better with the q-Jays.
Thanks for you attention and help !

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 9
They're share the same drivers. The q-jays, DBA-02, Brainwavz B2, UE700 all share the same drivers. Somehow the B2 come up tops in terms of SQ, but otherwise they're quite similar.

You can post your faulty Q-Jays on the for sale/trade forums to recuperate some cash as well.

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the quick reply, but what SQ means ?
I'll check the reviews for the B2, thanks again !

Edit: Amazon offers me a full refund though, so I'm good :)

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 9
I've switched from q-Jays to Brainwavz B2 and in my opinion the B2 is a better IEM! Better mids, better highs, little bit less quantity in the bass, (not by much) but still a nice punch. Guitars especially sounds better on the B2 than the q-Jays.

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 9
Thanks for all your helpful answers. I love the community of this forum :)
But I went for the UE 700, found them cheaper than the B2. I can't afford to spend to much on IEM this days, but I'll keep the B2 in mind if I'm not satisfied with the UE700.

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Thanks for all your helpful answers. I love the community of this forum :)
But I went for the UE 700, found them cheaper than the B2. I can't afford to spend to much on IEM this days, but I'll keep the B2 in mind if I'm not satisfied with the UE700.

I'm sure you'll like them, UE700 is highly underrated here on head-fi..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back