A-GD Tenor TE8802 Thread (Installation, Successes, Problems, Troubleshooting)
Apr 21, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #61 of 64
Ok. Couldnt get it to work in win 10, but bought a usb 32 kit from audio-gd and it was plug and play, and easy and cheap replacement for the te 8802. Excellent support from Kingwa and team.

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #62 of 64
  Did anyone get the te8802 to work under windows 10? asynch or not asynch, doesnt matter. I cant get my win 10 to recognise the device.

I was able to get it to work under Windows 10 x64, barely.  The TE8802 is a giant piece of crap.  It doesn't play nice with WASAPI or ASIO.  If you pause playback you can't resume it.  The playback application will freeze.  Kernel Streaming is the only one that works passably.  If you bump the USB cable you'll be rebooting your PC to get playback to work again.  And the PC won't shut down cleanly either.  You'll have to do the hold the power button for 4 seconds thing and then turn it back on.  This behavior isn't really new to Windows 10.  Windows 7 did the same thing with it.

Unfortunately, the NFB-15.1 I have has the TE8802 module soldered on the board so there's no way to replace it or use the USB-32DSD module.  I plan to get a generic CM6631A based USB to SPDIF converter from eBay and feed the NFB-15.1 via SPDIF from that.

May 3, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #64 of 64
I wonder if there is something wrong with your unit or with your PC, especially because you mention the same issues with WIN 7.

I have two different Audio-gd devices with TE8802 chips and they both do the same thing.  They work marginally better with certain computers running Windows 7 than others, but I stand by my conclusion that the TE8802 is a crappy product.  There's a reason they moved away from it so quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back