A (better sounding?) alternative to Foobar2000 -OR- A musing in the realm of bit-perfect streaming
Jun 6, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #331 of 344

Quote:
well, even that very VST plugin sounds horrid in foobar using George's wrapper...anyways
sister.gif

Answer regal's question pl0x.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #332 of 344
Quote:
well, even that very VST plugin sounds horrid in foobar using George's wrapper...anyways
sister.gif

Someone really should rewrite the VST implementation...  Meh, I don't use VSTs.

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #334 of 344

He won't because he is full of BS and knows very very little about computer audio,  other than regurgitated hydrogenaudio posts he is pretty useless for information.
My guess is he is a shill for this "free" player he likes so much that shows trojans with my virus scanner,  probably getting kickbacks.
Quote:
Answer regal's question pl0x.

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #338 of 344
I've been trying Win7 (i have to because of bitstream with ATI 5).
I don't need my Essence ST anymore cause it does sound as bad as everything else here. Even HDMI audio has same sound that i can't say about XP. I didn't expect it will be so bad.

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #339 of 344
popcorn.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #341 of 344
I'm not clear what you mean by digitally isolated?

If I clock my DAC to my dedicated word clock, and my Lynx AES16 (transport) to the same clock, of course I still have to pass the bitstreamed digital audio data (via AES) to the DAC.

I assume you just meant the clock being isolated?

Quote:

Agreed. This is one of the easier audio questions to resolve. All it would take is someone with a DAC where the clock is generated at the DAC end rather than the PC end, and which is digitally isolated from the PC. Such a DAC would be impervious to any possible software, PC or transport related effects. If someone using such a DAC thought software players sounded different, we'd know it was placebo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back