AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Dec 16, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #2,566 of 3,648
I don't think I am part of a VIP list, not that I know of, even though I do find Nicholas a very nice and sincere person, ha... I don't even own that many Aur audio IEMs. I also ordered blind and took the leap of faith on the opening day. However, I was FOMO and did order quite early.

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #2,567 of 3,648
It’s a common practice in the global consommation world since ages. Long lasting or local customers might have privileges. Watches, cars, wine, tables in restaurants, etc…, even non-luxury brands apply that concept.

Yes, the world is unfair by nature. Imagine the consumer world at its own scale…

For the sake of transparency, I wait in the line like you. Stop the whining guys, once for all. Your IEMs will be manufactured and delivered.
I realize that this is a common practice. However, usually you will see stores wait with opening up orders until first priority customers get theirs. This was not the case, and creates a false sense of hope for the consumer buying via their website. Telling people to "stop whining" quite literally doesn't add anything to the conversation, but thanks for sharing your opinion.

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #2,568 of 3,648
I realize that this is a common practice. However, usually you will see stores wait with opening up orders until first priority customers get theirs. This was not the case, and creates a false sense of hope for the consumer buying via their website. Telling people to "stop whining" quite literally doesn't add anything to the conversation, but thanks for sharing your opinion.
False sense of hope? Of what? Common…

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #2,569 of 3,648
I don't see anyone whining. Just people speculating about when they will get an item they are excited for. Not sure why you felt the need to add your "once and for all" comment though...
Speculating? Yes, for sure…

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #2,570 of 3,648
I realize that this is a common practice. However, usually you will see stores wait with opening up orders until first priority customers get theirs. This was not the case, and creates a false sense of hope for the consumer buying via their website.
I agree with this, however as long as the store ships the item in the timeframe they give I'm not too bothered if there are people "jumping the line" and I have confidence that we will get our stuff in the time frame Aür stated. On the other hand you have a company like Fat Freq who is constantly pushing the delivery date of the Scarlet Minis for people who pre-ordered it yet stores are getting shipments steadily. I can totally understand why people are frustrated in that situation

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #2,572 of 3,648
It’s a common practice in the global consommation world since ages. Long lasting or local customers might have privileges. Watches, cars, wine, tables in restaurants, etc…, even non-luxury brands apply that concept.

Yes, the world is unfair by nature. Imagine the consumer world at its own scale…

For the sake of transparency, I wait in the line like you. Stop the whining guys, once for all. Your IEMs will be manufactured and delivered.
I think it’s completely fair to be frustrated with the inconsistencies on Aur’s production and distribution, if you want to call that whining so be it. The Aurora hit the online store and was shipping 2 weeks later. Personally for me this was frustrating because I ordered a neon pro a month before the Aurora release and received it after many had gotten the Aurora since they clearly prioritized their newest product. I like to go on track record so I expected the same prioritization with the first ascension batch, but we are over 5 weeks out before any products have shipped and now we are hearing those who ordered in the online store might not even receive an ascension from the first batch. Aur is allowed to prioritize their distribution however they want but it has left a sour taste in my mouth and I understand if others have had similar frustrations.

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #2,573 of 3,648
I just got the email saying my set will be sent out tomorrow!!!

but we are over 5 weeks out before any products have shipped and now we are hearing those who ordered in the online store might not even receive an ascension from the first batch
I hear the frustration but the fact that I just got the email is a good example of why we should try not give offhand comments more weight than they deserve. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #2,574 of 3,648
He’s telling people to “stop whining” because he obviously got in the first batch, despite there being other customers who have bought more Aür iem’s than him, who are having to wait longer, which contradicts his own statement.

It’s called favouritism. It’s as simple as that.

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #2,576 of 3,648
I am not taking any side here, don't want to meddle in AüR buesniss.

I guess I'm one of the VIPs.
In the inner circle of old AüR VIPs maybe me and 2 more is getting in this batch. Most have to wait. When they took orders for Ascension the few VIPs where already counted into the calculation. And they will still wait without complaints until later batches.

I bet all orders will still be within their timeframe, even if Abel had a round of flu that delayed him.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #2,578 of 3,648
They clearly say there's a 4-8 week lead time on the IEM.
As long as they fit in that time line what is there to even talk about?

Exactly.

Good grief some of you guys sound like school kids eager to get the latest toy as soon as possible complaining because mummy she isn’t going to the toy store soon enough to keep you happy !

Even worse your grizzling is started by someone who probably has no direct knowledge complaining about some perceived VIP treatment, someone who it appears isn’t even remotely close to AuR and probably has no clue what they are doing.

If AuR say 4 - 8 weeks but they send out a few sets for review and a few more to clients that have spent a pile of money on cables and every previous release but they still get your set out in the indicated timeframe who cares and what is there to complain about ?

Chill out, presumably you are grown men, if you are not old enough or haven’t had to deal with what life can throw out to understand that there are far bigger things in life to worry about than your latest IEM count yourself lucky.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #2,579 of 3,648
He’s telling people to “stop whining” because he obviously got in the first batch, despite there being other customers who have bought more Aür iem’s than him, who are having to wait longer, which contradicts his own statement.

It’s called favouritism. It’s as simple as that.

So just because you didn't get your set early (presuming you ordered), gives you the authority to call out favorites? wow.

if you did order, and can't wait, just cancel your order. i believe the company payment mode is via PayPal? That means customers' purchases are protected in the event of non-receipt.

From AuR's facebook post, they have apologized for the delay due to staff being ill, so delay is expected.

And the Ascension is a Japan First release. Very very normal business strategy.
From what i read on X, it seems the Japanese LOVE AuR iems and have a good base of customers there. Them getting first dips, is totally fair.
They raved and supported a fledgling brand, got people behind to take the leap of faith and got rewarded.

So ... if you're not happy, and not happy for others able to receive their orders ahead of you, by all means, cancel your order.

Dec 17, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #2,580 of 3,648
So just because you didn't get your set early (presuming you ordered), gives you the authority to call out favorites? wow.

if you did order, and can't wait, just cancel your order. i believe the company payment mode is via PayPal? That means customers' purchases are protected in the event of non-receipt.

From AuR's facebook post, they have apologized for the delay due to staff being ill, so delay is expected.

And the Ascension is a Japan First release. Very very normal business strategy.
From what i read on X, it seems the Japanese LOVE AuR iems and have a good base of customers there. Them getting first dips, is totally fair.
They raved and supported a fledgling brand, got people behind to take the leap of faith and got rewarded.

So ... if you're not happy, and not happy for others able to receive their orders ahead of you, by all means, cancel your order.
I decided not to order the ascension. So,
your recommendation and advice to cancel my order isn’t warranted or relevant.

I was merely pointing out that it wasn’t right to tell people to stop whining and it is favouritism and cherry picking, as I know people who’ve purchased several Aür iem’s who weren’t selected for the first batch (excluding the Japan orders), but others were, when they haven’t been loyal customers for as long and/or have purchased less iem’s than them.

So perhaps consider the facts and circumstances in future, before you make baseless presumptions

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back