AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Mar 22, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #496 of 3,645
Hello. I finally got the long-awaited Aure delivered today, and I'm very happy to report that the long wait is not in vain.
20230322_165851.jpg
20230322_170055.jpg20230322_170100.jpg
A green tinted clear shell holds 1DD and 6BAs on each sides.

The fit was quite good for its somewhat large shell size. The DD needs quite some space in the shell, I guess.

I preferred other silicone tips like JVC Spiral Dot Pro or AZLA Crystal tips than the stock tips. The stock tips seemed to build up some pressure in my ear canals.

I've done a quick comparison of Aure with UM Multiverse Mentor and Thieaudio Monarch MK2, which I consider them a kind of all-rounding IEMs.
20230322_211258.jpg20230322_212920.jpg20230322_213135.jpg20230322_213417.jpg

Basically, Aure has a W-shaped sound, with an emphasis on the vocal region. Vocals feel very natural, engaging and I think that it is stand-out point of Aure.

Bass is quite powerful, deep, and sounds like how a DD would sound. Bass is stronger and more impactful than Monarch MK2.

Aure has very good details, resolution and pretty good extension in the trebles without any noticable sibilance.

But of course, due to the difference in the number of drivers and EST/BCD not being used in Aure, airyness, extension in the ultra high frequencies, fine little details, dense mids/texture are inferior to a TOTL IEM like UM MM, but the tuning of Aure is really done well IMO.

I think Aure is an all-rounder that can handle almost everything.

For its price range, Aure is a shockingly well-made IEM.

It is a pity that it was discontinued due to issues with the quality of the DD components.
Thank you for your first impressions.
Makes me look forward to one of the last few Aure even more...

Mar 22, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #497 of 3,645
Resolution : Aure = MK2
Soundstage : Aure > MK2
Vocals: Aure >> MK2
Subbass : Aure > MK2
Bass : Aure > MK2
Mids: Aure >= MK2
Highs: Aure = MK2
Ultra highs: Aure << MK2

My preference: Aure
I pray very hard last night they will release another run of Aure. Hope my prayers will be answered 🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #498 of 3,645
I pray very hard last night they will release another run of Aure. Hope my prayers will be answered 🙏🙏🙏
I believe the Aurora will fill the vacuum left by the Aure; although, it'll have different tuning. It'll have the same hybrid DD+BA configuration. We don't know how many drivers but from what we are hearing it's good. I suggest you get in line because it'll be made in small batches due to them being handcrafted from start to finish.

Missing my Aure while it's on its USA tour. 😀
20230217_215132.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #499 of 3,645
I believe the Aurora will fit the vacuum that the Aure left; although, it'll have different tuning. It'll have the same hybrid DD+BA configuration. We don't know how many drivers but from what we are hearing it's good. I suggest you get in line because it'll be made in small batches due to them being handcrafted from start to finish.

Missing my Aure while it's on its USA tour. 😀
20230217_215132.jpg
Looking forward for to it and definitely will get it. Any idea if Aur will be at the Canjam Singapore?

Mar 23, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #502 of 3,645
Even before the Neon Pro has arrived a Aure is also ordered. Scary part of the wait time, the buying trigger is easily pushed😅

Will need to put som breaks on now, but there's also the interest in getting a entry DAP with full android like the new HIBY R6 III or Shanling M3 Ultra. Both interesting due to faster chipset.

Never ending race for the perfect set-up.
Get the R6 Gen 3. IMHO, in terms of price to performance, specs and user experience, its the best for its price bracket.

Mar 23, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #503 of 3,645
Get the R6 Gen 3. IMHO, in terms of price to performance, specs and user experience, its the best for its price bracket.
😉PXL_20230322_160216333.jpg

Mar 23, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #508 of 3,645
Yes, and I currently have the Penon Impact as my substitute while my Alita is on tour and it still doesn't match the Alita due to the Impact's forwardness in the mids which is great for vocals but Alita is a different beast.

I cannot wait for my Mentawai to come in from Fred. I keep reading its Traillii with DD bass and more energy. 😁
You have an incredible collection of gear. Should put it in the signature. I think I have even seen U12T :thinking:

How much is the Alita? It seems to hit my target very well.

Mar 23, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #509 of 3,645
You have an incredible collection of gear. Should put it in the signature. I think I have even seen U12T :thinking:

How much is the Alita? It seems to hit my target very well.

SGD$1398

It's a great set and worth the price and more in the current market. Not a style of tuning you see often and very adept at jazz/acoustic and classical. My review should be out by the end of the week, so please do check back!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #510 of 3,645
SGD$1398

It's a great set and worth the price and more in the current market. Not a style of tuning you see often and very adept at jazz/acoustic and classical. My review should be out by the end of the week, so please do check back!
Roughly the price of Andromeda 2020 in Australia. Would be interesting to see if it can match the resolution and soundstage imaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back