$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Feb 9, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #841 of 6,550
Feb 9, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #843 of 6,550
My hdpr10 has two headphone outs a optical and coax spidif out . With a line out too. The point is I do not use any of them except the headphone jack. And the digital transport out is to loud to use with my jh16/3a FP combo. So all that we are asking for may not good to use anyway. As with line outs and spidif,s there is no set standars for specifications .

Al

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #844 of 6,550
  +1000 or even better  Digital COAX out !

I have never used digital coaxial out on a portable player. I don't think you need that compared to true line out, talking about portability..

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #845 of 6,550
I have never used digital coaxial out on a portable player. I don't think you need that compared to true line out, talking about portability..

Why Coax Digital out ? ... To the HUGO :)

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #846 of 6,550
Feb 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #847 of 6,550
I am with bmichels on this one... This is the last chance (in the near future) to get DSD via digital out (USB, Coax maybe a long shot) from a DAP..... ZX-1 and AK240 cannot do it..

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #848 of 6,550
@bmichels

So buy something else and leave us alone.

Seriously I and others have been plenty patient but this is turning into trolling. And judging from Calyx's reaction to you on Facebook, they would like you to go away too.

Your opinion has been expressed endlessly. The M is not for you. Give it a rest and us a rest too.

Please and thank you.

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #849 of 6,550
I am assuming the USB audio out is a firmware/software thing that can be added in the future..... Please correct me if I am wrong.
beerchug.gif

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #850 of 6,550
CHG, Calxy have addressed the issue. It's over.

Edit: I was referring to coaxial out. But I don't think USB out is a FW addon.

I really don't understand why this thread has become the not accept a good product for what it is thread. Calyx must be tearing their hair out.

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #851 of 6,550
Totally agree with ALRAINBOW, I used it once then bored, it is a feature that I can without a doubt live without, the portable device being portable is what matters most, if you want a desktop unit with all of the DSD bell and whistle then buy that.

Here is the owner telling us why it just does not make sense doing it:

And I quote:

"Some people ask/complain there is no digital out in M

Calyx M is accomplished of DXD of 32/384 and 128DSD. SPDIF can't handle these hi-rez digital signals so it is useless to have the digital out in Calyx M M

Furthermore, Calyx M has already a decent DAC inside already. We implemented ESS SABRE 9018 K2M very successfully as we did in Calyx Femto."

So number one, it's useless and number two the DAC is class one so why use anything else?

Can't argue with the engineering mind :wink:

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #853 of 6,550
  @bmichels

So buy something else and leave us alone.

Seriously I and others have been plenty patient but this is turning into trolling. And judging from Calyx's reaction to you on Facebook, they would like you to go away too.

Your opinion has been expressed endlessly. The M is not for you. Give it a rest and us a rest too.

Please and thank you.

+1000000000

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #854 of 6,550
Totally agree with ALRAINBOW, I used it once then bored, it is a feature that I can without a doubt live without, the portable device being portable is what matters most, if you want a desktop unit with all of the DSD bell and whistle then buy that.

Here is the owner telling us why it just does not make sense doing it:

And I quote:

"Some people ask/complain there is no digital out in M

Calyx M is accomplished of DXD of 32/384 and 128DSD. SPDIF can't handle these hi-rez digital signals so it is useless to have the digital out in Calyx M M

Furthermore, Calyx M has already a decent DAC inside already. We implemented ESS SABRE 9018 K2M very successfully as we did in Calyx Femto."

So number one, it's useless and number two the DAC is class one so why use anything else?

Can't argue with the engineering mind
wink.gif

+1, and i suspected this. same applies to wifi. 
cool.gif

i can hardly wait till M hits stores... curious will they offer promotional pre-order purchase? 
L3000.gif

AK must be sweating now 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #855 of 6,550
+1, OBVIOUS and i suspected this. same applies to wifi.

i can hardly wait till M hits stores... curious will they offer promotional pre-order purchase?

He was talking about pre-orders on the first page I truly hope he also meant discount for the early adopters. :wink:
Regardless of it, it's a very nice device that seems to be priced just right.

AK is not sweating it, they are targeting a different class of users and to be frank, it's a hell of a device function wise but it does not have the M's heart Sabre DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back