$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jul 18, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #6,511 of 6,549
As a few have mentioned above, the official firmware doesn't seem to be available anywhere on the site anymore. Does anyone have any of the versions of firmware saved somewhere that they could share?

Just interested to see what anyone has, would love to try a few different versions as some have mentioned others having varying sonic qualities.

Jul 18, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #6,512 of 6,549
Wow noplsestar it has been exactly a year since I've been trying to install that firmware that you kindly sent to me! It's good to hear you're still ok my musical brother! I really wanted to have a good listen to 1.01 but I still can't install it. It installs like halfway, but then it stops with the message "installation aborted". I can install other firmwares with ease without a problem rather It's the free fidelizer 1.01, paid fidelizer advance 1.01, and original firmware 1.02. The original firmware 1.01 I received from you doesn't work. Since you said that you can switch firmware back and forth to the official 1.01... I'm beginning to narrow it down of why it doesn't work for me. 1: could be because I have a first batch Calyx m that has serial #AH0833 and yours might be the AE model or 2: that the firmware you sent me could be missing something that is causing me to get the installation aborted message. 3: Is that you can't revert back to it from 1.02 but can instead go back to fidelizer since it's a complete different firmware and not official. I can't even download the official firmware from http://www.calyx.kr/xe/notice/32998 do to me having to wait for access to get it from google drive which has been over a year now. I think I'm screwed. 🤔 😮‍💨

As a few have mentioned above, the official firmware doesn't seem to be available anywhere on the site anymore. Does anyone have any of the versions of firmware saved somewhere that they could share?

Just interested to see what anyone has, would love to try a few different versions as some have mentioned others having varying sonic qualities.

It looks like Steve is hosting a copy of v1.01 r13 and a modified installer versions to go backwards or overwrite the Fidilizer version here

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #6,514 of 6,549
Jul 18, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #6,516 of 6,549
2023: Calyx M is as alive as it gets 🔥

Jul 29, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #6,518 of 6,549
for those who, like me, have a player with fidelizer firmware that does not have a recovery mode: with the help of programs on the computer, you can disable the Calix player, which is an add-on to the Android system, install navbar for convenience, root and install rootexplorer to replace libraries and processors the audio is modified to stock and return the folder (soundfx) and the files in it, which the insane fidelizer deletes in each of its firmware. The sound of stock firmware is much better, many times.
So far, I have not found viper fx that works, so no third-party player has started

Nov 21, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #6,519 of 6,549
Nov 22, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #6,520 of 6,549
Anyone knows if this battery is legit, and will work with the Calyx M?

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005....0.0.62597f06o3ib85&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

It should fit and work but it will be no where near 4000mAh. In true AliExpress fashion HSABAT batteries (Losoncoer and others) are always way over rated and are actually less than the stock capacity of the device they are listed for so it will probably be about 2800mAh. If you don't have anything to test capacity you can peel off the fancy outer sticker wrapping as they sometimes don't wipe off the original battery markings properly (if they were even correct in first place 😂)

P.s. You also need to double check the polarity with a multimeter as they are sometimes reversed 🫣

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #6,521 of 6,549
It should fit and work but it will be no where near 4000mAh. In true AliExpress fashion HSABAT batteries (Losoncoer and others) are always way over rated and are actually less than the stock capacity of the device they are listed for so it will probably be about 2800mAh. If you don't have anything to test capacity you can peel off the fancy outer sticker wrapping as they sometimes don't wipe off the original battery markings properly (if they were even correct in first place 😂)

P.s. You also need to double check the polarity with a multimeter as they are sometimes reversed 🫣
Ok, thanks for the input. Any legit and compatible battery for it available out there?

Nov 22, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #6,522 of 6,549
Steve from NP audio in Uk can change battery and even build additional battery for CALYX. I had spoken to him about that recently.
https://www.npaudio.uk/

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #6,523 of 6,549
Hello folks.

Trying to get an X-Batt. Jaben Indonesia lists it as in stock, though when attempting to checkout and purchase it, it says cart is empty.

Anyone know where to purchase one, or happen to know what Steve @ NP Audio charges to build one?

Thanks

-scott

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #6,524 of 6,549
Any update on a shuffle play mode? It’s the only thing missing for me. I’d get this player in a heartbeat otherwise, used of course.

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #6,525 of 6,549
Any update on a shuffle play mode? It’s the only thing missing for me. I’d get this player in a heartbeat otherwise, used of course.
There won’t be any update or new FW released for this 10 years old player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back