$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jan 18, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #6,526 of 6,549
There won’t be any update or new FW released for this 10 years old player.
I just keep having this fantasy that some smart person will hack it or find a way. I’m such a dreamer.

Jan 18, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #6,527 of 6,549
I just keep having this fantasy that some smart person will hack it or find a way. I’m such a dreamer.
You are right man, dreaming is good for the soul. I hope that this miracle will happen for you.

Jan 22, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #6,528 of 6,549
Calyx K (portable usb-c Dac/amp) is coming my way soon. Looking forward to trying another Calyx device.

IMG_0077.jpeg

Jan 22, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #6,530 of 6,549
F700, may I ask where you ordered it from? How much power does it give?
I ordered via Facebook via the official Calyx Audio page. Technical information are listed on my previous post.

Jan 22, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #6,531 of 6,549
They claim on their Facebook page that the sound would be as good as the Calyx M or „maybe better“ … well, I guess you will let us know @F700? 🤟

I have the Quloos MUB1 at the moment. And am eyeing the Questyle CMA18P. So convenient to have Bluetooth connection to the mobile phone (without hearing a difference between wired and BT). Wish the Calyx K would have Bluetooth too. Would be an instant buy. Anyways, IF it sounds as good as the good old M, then the K would be more than great (also for its pricepoint and form factor).

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #6,534 of 6,549
Calyx K lands tomorrow 🔥

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #6,535 of 6,549
IMG_0214.jpeg

IMG_0215.jpeg

First impressions:

USB/DAC Calyx K arrived this morning. Small but heavy device (141gr) packing the Calyx house sound. Ootb, similar to my Calyx M dap, with an analog tonality. Lots of power under the hood. Sightly warm sounding, shines with vocals and modern music, jazz and electronics. Wide stage, hiss-free and amazing note weight. Controlled highs, but with great detail retrieval. Not for treble heads or seekers for very fast dynamics, though.

Highest built quality with a thick anti-slip material fixed at the bottom of the device. The USB cable also is from great quality.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #6,536 of 6,549
IMG_0214.jpeg
IMG_0215.jpeg

First impressions:

USB/DAC Calyx K arrived this morning. Small but heavy device (141gr) packing the Calyx house sound. Ootb, similar to my Calyx M dap, with an analog tonality. Lots of power under the hood. Sightly warm sounding, shines with vocals and modern music, jazz and electronics. Wide stage, hiss-free and amazing note weight. Controlled highs, but with great detail retrieval. Not for treble heads or seekers for very fast dynamics, though.

Highest built quality with a thick anti-slip material fixed at the bottom of the device. The USB cable also is from great quality.
Where do they sell these?

Feb 10, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #6,537 of 6,549
Feb 10, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #6,538 of 6,549
IMG_0214.jpeg
IMG_0215.jpeg

First impressions:

Received my Calyx K unit today! Oh how have I missed that magical Calyx sound! I sold my calyx M about two years ago because I wanted to stream. Had some (very good) dongle DACs as Questyle M15. But then when listening to Focal Bathys I ditched the DACs and connected the headphone directly to the mobile phone. But then I got back to „normal“ headphones and was searching for new portable DACs. Found the Quloos MUB1 that I reviewed recently. Now the Calyx K is (soundwise) on another level. Such a refined sound. Loving it so far. And will write a review and post it here in a few weeks. Just so nice to be back in the „digital/vintage“ sound-game with the K! Now I can have the Calyx sound with streaming. What do you need more? :wink:

Though I have to say it doesn’t have that much juice for over ear headphones. Enough for IEMs I guess, but you won’t drive your DanClark headphones with that device. And it has some other minor quirks I will be addressing. But oh boy, the sound alone is a winner. So stay tuned guys!

Feb 10, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #6,539 of 6,549
Received my Calyx K unit today! Oh how have I missed that magical Calyx sound! I sold my calyx M about two years ago because I wanted to stream. Had some (very good) dongle DACs as Questyle M15. But then when listening to Focal Bathys I ditched the DACs and connected the headphone directly to the mobile phone. But then I got back to „normal“ headphones and was searching for new portable DACs. Found the Quloos MUB1 that I reviewed recently. Now the Calyx K is (soundwise) on another level. Such a refined sound. Loving it so far. And will write a review and post it here in a few weeks. Just so nice to be back in the „digital/vintage“ sound-game with the K! Now I can have the Calyx sound with streaming. What do you need more? :wink:

Though I have to say it doesn’t have that much juice for over ear headphones. Enough for IEMs I guess, but you won’t drive your DanClark headphones with that device. And it has some other minor quirks I will be addressing. But oh boy, the sound alone is a winner. So stay tuned guys!
Welcome to the happy K’s owners my dear Austrian friend!

Agree about some quirks to be adjusted for a potential v2 version, but nothing serious preventing the listener to enjoy this little marvel of device.

Feb 10, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #6,540 of 6,549
Welcome to the happy K’s owners my dear Austrian friend!

Agree about some quirks to be adjusted for a potential v2 version, but nothing serious preventing the listener to enjoy this little marvel of device.
Absolutely! This „K“ is a gem! Also loving its looks (since the Barbie movie anything goes) 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back