$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
May 20, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #6,481 of 6,549
Still love my Calyx M, I need to send it ASAP. Just wondering if xbatt was supplier by Steve.
X-batt was mine. I am not sure he has one at hand.

May 20, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #6,482 of 6,549
Battery replacement works. One hour playing non-stop on mid-gain, 60% volume.

IMG_4746.jpeg

May 20, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #6,483 of 6,549
These new 9000mah batteries lasts forever

IMG_4752.jpeg

Jun 16, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #6,484 of 6,549
Hey, quick question, as this player has been on my mind!

Have they fixed any of the ui issues I’m reading in the reviews with any firmware updates or workarounds? Specifically the ability to view or play songs in folders, or do a random play from a folder?

My listening is almost 100% from folders of different genres (such as 80s music, or classical) played on random from the folder itself. If this won’t work, or requires me to laboriously create a playlist in the ui I’m not sure I could use the player.

Thank you very much!

Jun 17, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #6,485 of 6,549
Not, they never fixed it. I am also a "folder guy" but this option is not available.

Jun 18, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #6,487 of 6,549
F700, do you use line out or pre amp mode when you use the c9 with your Calyx-M? Thanks
LO, even tough the Calyx M has no proper LO output. Double amping is not a issue as you might have read earlier in this very thread.

Jun 18, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #6,489 of 6,549
Jun 30, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #6,490 of 6,549
Short update after NP Audio mod on my Calyx M. The device has been on rotation since weeks now. As a standalone DAP or amped via C9, the Calyx M never has sounded so magistral. I don't even want or can to put words on it. On top of that, the battery life did improve (+1.5 hours).

Jul 3, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #6,491 of 6,549
Short update after NP Audio mod on my Calyx M. The device has been on rotation since weeks now. As a standalone DAP or amped via C9, the Calyx M never has sounded so magistral. I don't even want or can to put words on it. On top of that, the battery life did improve (+1.5 hours).

You've convinced me to dust mine off and send it in. I stopped using it when the volume slider gained some sort of AI and started doing its own thing 🤔😂

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #6,492 of 6,549
I just bought a used Calyx M after reading so much about it on the Best DAP thread! :D
Its on its way from France to Scotland at the moment! Excited to hear what all the hype is.

Also been in touch with Steve from N***P too and may do the upgrade further down the line!

Jul 13, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #6,493 of 6,549
I just bought a used Calyx M after reading so much about it on the Best DAP thread! :D
Its on its way from France to Scotland at the moment! Excited to hear what all the hype is.

Also been in touch with Steve from N***P too and may do the upgrade further down the line!
The sound produced is sublime, but be patient with the UI/UX. It is slow and can be frustrating. Also depending on the age of the device, the volume slider could create static while in use.

Not trying to scare you off, just preparing you so that you don't lose sight of the sound quality which is what the Calyx M is all about

Jul 13, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #6,494 of 6,549
The sound produced is sublime, but be patient with the UI/UX. It is slow and can be frustrating. Also depending on the age of the device, the volume slider could create static while in use.

Not trying to scare you off, just preparing you so that you don't lose sight of the sound quality which is what the Calyx M is all about
Thanks for the warning, appreciate it. I was reading the review of Calyx M on Headfonics and notice how much the DAP world had moved on in the space of 8 years! Now you have TOTL DAP with much bigger size and weight, with better technical abilities and peripheral perks like Open Android, balanced connection, R2R technology...

Will be curious to see how the N8 or WM1A compare with the Calyx M in terms of usability and sound.

https://headfonics.com/the-m-dap-by-calyx/

Jul 13, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #6,495 of 6,549
Thanks for the warning, appreciate it. I was reading the review of Calyx M on Headfonics and notice how much the DAP world had moved on in the space of 8 years! Now you have TOTL DAP with much bigger size and weight, with better technical abilities and peripheral perks like Open Android, balanced connection, R2R technology...

Will be curious to see how the N8 or WM1A compare with the Calyx M in terms of usability and sound.

https://headfonics.com/the-m-dap-by-calyx/
Never listened to the N8 but had the 1A for a few years and the Calyx M is a more dynamic listen where the 1A was a bit more laid back in its presentation. Both are enjoyable to listen to, but the 2 are sonically different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back