$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Mar 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #1,666 of 6,550
I really liked how one head fier member put it pages back.If we can't do movies playback or net surfing why add a huge 4.65 inch OLED? Battery is wasted .

will a latest breeds of OLEDs(better than lcds) really kills the battery power that fast? And there will be screen time-out option and brightness control to preserve battery.

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,667 of 6,550
I really liked how one head fier member put it pages back.If we can't do movies playback or net surfing why add a huge 4.65 inch OLED? Battery is wasted .

Also it comes very handy if you want to fiddle with custom eq's that has more than 7bands. Even handy with PEQ with sliding individual bands of those freq levels and their respective sub-levels each. It will be really good to see full info of "now playing" track with bigger font UI and rich colors.

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #1,668 of 6,550
Also it comes very handy if you want to fiddle with custom eq's that has more than 7bands. Even handy with PEQ with sliding individual bands of those freq levels and their respective sub-levels each. It will be really good to see full info of "now playing" track with bigger font UI and rich colors.

Except that Calyx M will not be offering EQs because Calyx claims that EQing is just going to degrade the audio SQ. So we will not be having EQ feature in M.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #1,671 of 6,550

Except that Calyx M will not be offering EQs because Calyx claims that EQing is just going to degrade the audio SQ. So we will not be having EQ feature in M.

The Calyx M is sounding better and better. 

beerchug.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #1,672 of 6,550
So, for non-Koreans living outside Korea, over 40, with less than perfect vision, who do not like to EQ.....

Priceless!

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #1,676 of 6,550
I love my Korean BBQ and kimchi. Lots of good food over here though.

I don't see how the screen could possibly be construed as a negative. It's the foundation of the M:use interface. Just proof that it is possible to complain about anything.

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #1,677 of 6,550
I dont see any other manufacturers offering any preorder discount at all...its normal that local customers could buy the products a bit cheaper than overseas customers. I am just feeling a bit sore that there is no digital out in this device :frowning2:
I would take Thai food over Korean food any day...imho

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,679 of 6,550
Edwood

What sort of bug are u facing with HM-901?
I use it everyday and the UI doesnt bother me at all.

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #1,680 of 6,550
Edwood

What sort of bug are u facing with HM-901?
I use it everyday and the UI doesnt bother me at all.

Oh, let's see.

Cuts off a part of the beginning of every track.

Sound tick noise in Gapless during track play. (at least we pretty much have Gapless finally)

Very slow interface and boot up time.

Also, a soft "tick tick tick tick" noise in the left channel with some IEM's.  But that might just be an issue with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back