$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Mar 6, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #1,653 of 6,549
Great! Staying quiet and letting it slide isn't good or it'll make it seem as headfiers are easy pushovers. They might change their stance if they get flooded with negative feedback

I can see comments are starting to pile up in their FB page

last thing you need is irate Head-fi'ers on your case... looks like Facebook is where all the action is, I might go see how the pre-fight training is shaping up...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #1,654 of 6,549

last thing you need is irate Head-fi'ers on your case... looks like Facebook is where all the action is, I might go see how the pre-fight training is shaping up...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hahah, just enough to keep us entertained while waiting for each anticipated Daps get released.

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #1,655 of 6,549

very_evil_smiley.gif

Only way for a change to happen is to ruffle some feathers :D

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #1,656 of 6,549
Haha that would be me trying to speak up for the rest of you guys here. Would be helpful if more people from head-fi post supporting comments in the FB.
I do find Calyx replies not sincere.
Initially he said the $650 is only for February and now is March. After that he changed his tune and said it's only for Koreans.
Quite biased if you ask me. Won't be surprised if their marketing service are geared towards iRiver in the future.

I don't agree that there is anything remotely Iriver in their attitude. Different company.

They did make a mistake though. Calyx didn't appreciate that a limited time offer to Koreans only at a much lower price than an international offer might be offensive. It's just a facet of the highly ethnocentric Korean culture that they assume that taking special care of their own is normal and will not be perceived as arrogant.

I don't mean this to be at all sarcastic or dismissive. Korea is cool and their food is the best in Asia. But in this case a cultural difference may have backfired because it did offend.

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #1,657 of 6,549

I don't agree that there is anything remotely Iriver in their attitude. Different company.

They did make a mistake though. Calyx didn't appreciate that a limited time offer to Koreans only at a much lower price than an international offer might be offensive. It's just a facet of the highly ethnocentric Korean culture that they assume that taking special care of their own is normal and will not be perceived as arrogant.

I don't mean this to be at all sarcastic or dismissive. Korea is cool and their food is the best in Asia. But in this case a cultural difference may have backfired because it did offend.

Nah none taken. I don't want to generalize a population/race, but quite a number of them do hold their own in higher esteem than others.
I too love Korean culture, from food to their dramas and music and history. But what i mean't by marketing/customer service gearing towards iRiver in the future is their responses/replies.
E.g- $650 is only for February and later changing to only for Koreans. Not very sincere in the answer. They should just straight out mention in the first place that $650 is only for our beloved citizens in Korea.
Ofc they're not as bad as AK yet, considering their response towards the 22 ohms initially was something like their support team is working on it?

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #1,658 of 6,549

They are running a business and cater to international customers. There is nothing wrong about their culture, they just have to adjust to anyone outside their culture if they have any ambition to grow their business beyond their borders.

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #1,660 of 6,549
Agreed any breaks is good but I have to say that the way they handled the international deal has not been smooth including the reason why they did not offer a better deal earlier. You say hey sorry for the earlier deal but you are too late even though the better offer never came. It makes them look offensive and illogical even though they have not meant it.

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #1,661 of 6,549
I really liked how one head fier member put it pages back.If we can't do movies playback or net surfing why add a huge 4.65 inch OLED? Battery is wasted .

So folks over 40 and others with less than stellar vision can use it without donning reading glasses? The bigger the screen, the better. How long is the screen actually on in use?

Mar 6, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #1,662 of 6,549
  I don't mean this to be at all sarcastic or dismissive. Korea is cool and their food is the best in Asia.

It's pretty good but not remotely close to the best IMHO. Village Hawker food from Malaysia smashes it...

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Back