$8 Headphones strongly resemble Audio Technicas(PAINTED MY GRILLS BLACK!)
Aug 29, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #331 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^

lol yeah but I mistakingly told my wife that I won't buy anymore headphones for a long time. haha. BIG MISTAKE!

These are not phones, they are ear speakers, the hippiest "head accessory" of this fall, tell her how much money you have just saved by buying these Chinese knock off instead of the real AT's.....

Anyway, Swivel-Stop Mod:

With the swivel mod you can turn the ear cups flat so they look great on the desk or on the wall, but the ear cups can also turn round and round and round and twist the cord. How to make it only turn 90 degrees? Install a small screw with washer to block it.

IMGP1281.jpg

---Now the cups won't turn all the way around, about 120 degrees max. I bet your Grado's don't have this function
wink.gif

IMGP1282.jpg

Aug 30, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #332 of 345
The fun part is tomorrow I'm going to show the SR-660s to a colleague who brings in his A-T AD700 for mp3 sessions at his desk. We'll let 'em butt heads. Should be comical.

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #333 of 345
Head-band Mod

Add two rubber bands to help the wings for support. You can now bend the steel wires open as far as you want since the wings/rubber band will be the structure taking the weight and keep the phones hanging on you head. It is possibly to achieve basically no clamping pressure on the side of your head, and since these phones are so light there isn't any pressure on top either. Comfort is now at par with the Beyers-- you can literally wear these phone all day long.

Photo showing the mod with generic rubber bands, so looks kind of funny, but with black rubber bands they will look cool..... I just have to find the black rubber bands first. Easy mod, works great. Enjoy.

IMGP1289.jpg

IMGP1288.jpg

Sep 7, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #334 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now I notice it, putting my hands on the grill doesn't seem to change the sound a bit. But this is with QP drivers installed, and the QP's do respond to hands covering the holes.

Yeah, I have no good explanation for the reduction in QP-driver backwave effect. Must be that evil Accura sticker suckin' it all up..

I myself evilled the Accura earlier, saying it had no backwave output. In fact it does have some, just very little. If you listen directly to the back of the 'phone, then flip it around to listen to the frontwave, you'll hear the difference.

By the way, after break-in the Accura flattens out some, which is a nice benefit. It's still a rock'n'roll 'phone, though.

I see my fellow anonymous Waste Michigander HFers saw my post and cleaned out the Big Lots store-- all except for one last one (which I grabbed) tucked away below a bottom shelf . The power of Head-Fi! Show yourselves, guys-- we should get together in an appropriately dark alley near an unemployment office and discuss A-Ts vs the Accura.

Oh, by the way, good mods, AudioCats. The rubberband mod was damn clever and I like the swivel and swivel-stopper. Looks like a chromed Torx head on that last one.

Only on Head-Fi.

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #335 of 345
Quote:

I see my fellow Waste Michigander HFers saw my post and cleaned out the Big Lots store-- all except for one last one (which I grabbed)

So you went back for a second pair?
eek.gif
The accura's are addictive to the modder-fiers....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

tucked away below a bottom shelf

Tucked away by who? By you when you bought your first pair? How sneaky!
eek.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #336 of 345
Quote:

So you went back for a second pair?

Third!
I think the Accuras will come in handy for a variety of things. And they look breakable.

Quote:

Tucked away by who? By you when you bought your first pair? How sneaky!

No, it was probably one of my unknown invisible sneaky ninja metro-Grand-Rapture fellow HFers.

Maybe he figured on coming back later and getting the instant organic tofu chili, I don't know.

Sep 8, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #337 of 345
Quote:

Third!
I think the Accuras will come in handy for a variety of things. And they look breakable

what?!!
eek.gif
On the third pair already? So the SFI synthetic apperture quad-planar array bass monster is finally gonna materialize?

Or are you just giving them away as gift of bribery to your colleagues?

If you do the swivel mod, you can turn them flat and hang them above your monitor to use them as PC speakers you know......

just flip the upside down and they will ride on the top of your flat panel like so:
IMGP1294.jpg

Sep 8, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #338 of 345
FOCL!

That's Falls Off Chair Laughing.

You're doing the side-looking synthetic aperture nonBessel array iso implant. I'm just hangin' around making obscure jokes. Actually, this weekend is starting out a Pro 30 weekend, but then...

By the way, the Pro 30 and SFI bipoles have the same impedance. Ominous, eh?

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #340 of 345
I've got a question. The pin that holds the ear cup to the phone snapped on my first pair. I'm going to replace it with a piece of doll rod or something, but I have never taken apart headphones. How do you get the soft ear cup off of these?

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #342 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modular /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a question. The pin that holds the ear cup to the phone snapped on my first pair. I'm going to replace it with a piece of doll rod or something, but I have never taken apart headphones. How do you get the soft ear cup off of these?

pull off the pads, then you will see 4 little philips screws......

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #344 of 345
Got halfway through the thread before the excitement of $8 headphones subsided. So should I just pick these up and forget buying D1000s? I mean...this is a ridiculously long thread for $8 'phones.

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #345 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by nosleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got halfway through the thread before the excitement of $8 headphones subsided. So should I just pick these up and forget buying D1000s? I mean...this is a ridiculously long thread for $8 'phones.

go ahead and get your D1000, then use the change for a pair of Accura's......
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back