7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Apr 8, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #3,826 of 4,273
Had the itch to try something new so bought a 7HZ Timeless and received it today as a third flavour with my Tansio Mirai Sands and my main driver the Sony IER-Z1R. It’s pretty impressive what today can be had in the 2-300 USD range.
Congrats on your new shiny!

Are you talking about the OG version or the AE? I am still rocking the OG version myself.

Apr 8, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #3,827 of 4,273
Congrats on your new shiny!

Are you talking about the OG version or the AE? I am still rocking the OG version myself.
The original black. At the moment I’m using the stock cable but I have a spare Dunu Blanche all silver cable that I’ll try on it when I dig it out

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #3,828 of 4,273
The original black. At the moment I’m using the stock cable but I have a spare Dunu Blanche all silver cable that I’ll try on it when I dig it out
I haven't heard the OG but i'm using the AE's version. Loving it as well hehe

Apr 8, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #3,829 of 4,273
I would not recommend using a silver cable with the Timeless. I tried mine with one (Lunashop pure silver cable) and my God the treble went trough the roof.
High quality copper, or copper and Graphene cables seems to deliver the best results.

Apr 8, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #3,830 of 4,273
I would not recommend using a silver cable with the Timeless. I tried mine with one (Lunashop pure silver cable) and my God the treble went trough the roof.
High quality copper, or copper and Graphene cables seems to deliver the best results.
I will try and see what I think. I have not found that silver cables on either of my Z1R have affected the treble in any negative way

Apr 9, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #3,831 of 4,273
To sell a Timeless, blasphemy!

I just sold mine. Frankly these days there are budget DD sets out there that can keep up with 85% - 90% of the technical ability of them but with better tuning (especially in the bass area) and minus the occasional treble stabbings.

Apr 9, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #3,835 of 4,273
Had the itch to try something new so bought a 7HZ Timeless and received it today as a third flavour with my Tansio Mirai Sands and my main driver the Sony IER-Z1R. It’s pretty impressive what today can be had in the 2-300 USD range.
Timeless OG is definitely a gem. Try it with different tips and the better cable you use, the better it performs. It’s my fav iem I have bar none. it’s so fast and so tight, yet using 1Z it’s rich and analogue. I use JVC spiral dots and Aztec Crystal clear tips. the sound with spiral tips is amazing, spiral dot is supposed to be bombastic bass and slow, but since Timeless is so fast and tight, the sound combination is amazing.

To me, Timeless OG with better dap, cables and tips is better than Z1R. The only drawback I can find is it’s not holographic and its medium staging. But its speed, tight bass, transient, amazing timbre is very addicting. That subbass can dig really deep, rattle your skull type bass. Give it your best cables and see what it can do

Btw the original cable that come with Timeless OG is unfortunately trash. It cripple the dynamic, treble and bass. Use better cable, the Better the cable, the clearer you can see how Timeless perform

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #3,836 of 4,273
Timeless OG is definitely a gem. Try it with different tips and the better cable you use, the better it performs. It’s my fav iem I have bar none. it’s so fast and so tight, yet using 1Z it’s rich and analogue. I use JVC spiral dots and Aztec Crystal clear tips. the sound with spiral tips is amazing, it’s supposed to be bombastic bass and slow, but since Timeless is so fast and tight, the sound combination is amazing.

To me, Timeless OG with better dap, cables and tips is better than Z1R. The only drawback I can find is it’s not holographic and its medium staging. But its speed, tight bass, transient, amazing timbre is very addicting. That subbass can dig really deep, rattle your skull type bass. Give it your best cables and see what it can do

Btw the original cable that come with Timeless OG is unfortunately trash. It cripple the dynamic, treble and bass. Use better cable, the Better the cable, the clearer you can see how Timeless perform
After trying a bunch of tips, including the JVC spiral tips, the Feallue H570 Tips - https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0DUC6Y. They maintain all the details without any harshness.
Highly recommend to give it a try

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #3,837 of 4,273
Apr 9, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #3,838 of 4,273
I use Final Audio E LL tips like I do on all my iems and they work well for me. I’ve also fitted my spare Dunu Blanche silver cable just like I have on the Z1R and it sounds glorious (not that I find the stock cable to be bad at all, this is just better to my ears), no harshness or piercing to the treble at all and precission and dynamics are clearly better. I have now about 25 hours of burn in with the IsoTek burn in cd and 5 hours of listening from the balanced output of my Nayparm modded Sony ZX300 with MrWalkmans custom WalkmanOne fw. I’ll continue burning in during the day and listening in the evening the next 3 weeks on my holliday

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #3,839 of 4,273

The original cable is perfectly decent and there is no reason to change it apart from aesthetics, the supplied cable can and does not cripple the dynamic, treble and bass. At most if the impedance is raised with an aftermarket cable you will see a rise in bass but you may as well use an impedance adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back