7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Apr 11, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #3,856 of 4,275
I don't use the 7hz timeless (og) as much as I should, because iems irate my ear canal, but whenever I do, I'm astounded by their sound quality.

For me, the best iem <$1000.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #3,857 of 4,275
Speaking of great 7hz sets, I’m lost in Legato land. I can’t take them off. They’re supremely entertaining. By far the best bass focused set I’ve heard. They’re not boomy and uncontrolled. Instead bass has tons of slam and presence without obscuring the other frequencies. They’ve got a big soundstage and decent detail. These are HIGHLY recommended to actual bass heads, the bass head curious and even those who just want a more dramatic, powerful rendering of their music.

Apr 11, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #3,859 of 4,275
Apr 11, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #3,860 of 4,275
Ps it's not an allergy problem, I had it checked out. I use spinfit 100's which are as good as I have found.

Apr 11, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #3,861 of 4,275
I have tried so many tips over the years. I'm good for about 30 mins, then the irating itch starts in both ears. Doesn't happen with foams, but I don't like foams!
Which ones are you using? I tried a lot of tips until I settled with the H570. And will buy others and try it with the Timeless.
I used Comply foams for a couple of years with my Audio Technica CKM99, but they increased the bass and muffled the mids and highs.

Apr 11, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #3,862 of 4,275
Spinfit 100s

Apr 11, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #3,863 of 4,275
I use the Timeless with Final E tips and Dunu Blanche cable and that combo fed from my 1Z comes very close to my IER-Z1R with much the same kind of sound sig

Apr 11, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #3,865 of 4,275
Tips that I saw at one point or the other that people liked with the Timeless OG.
Faeulle H570
Spinfit W1
Azla Cristal
Azla Sednearfit
Azla Max
Whizzer Easy tips...

Do some more tip rolling with this new tip of tips that use medical grade silicone.
Been using the SpinFit W1’s on my AE.

Apr 11, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #3,866 of 4,275
Tips that I saw at one point or the other that people liked with the Timeless OG.
Faeulle H570
Spinfit W1
Azla Cristal
Azla Sednearfit
Azla Max
Whizzer Easy tips...

Do some more tip rolling with this new tip of tips that use medical grade silicone.
Thanks again, but I have done extensive tip rolling, including the Alza's & Whizzer's.

Apr 11, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #3,868 of 4,275
The cables have no effect on ear itch 😁
The original cable was the 4.4mm, but I use an inexpensive kbear 3.5mm mostly because the mojo2 is single ended. If I plug them directly into the fiio m11, I will use the 4.4mm, but I have never heard an audible difference between them.

Apr 11, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #3,869 of 4,275
I don't use the 7hz timeless (og) as much as I should, because iems irate my ear canal, but whenever I do, I'm astounded by their sound quality.

For me, the best iem <$1000.
I'm curious if you've listened to Moondrop's higher end offerings because I already have the Timeless (in my ears right now actually) and I wanted to look into some of the higher end Moondrop stuff as my next fix because I keep hearing and reading positive stuff. Are you saying that literally no IEM whatsoever on the market is worth purchasing for below $1000 if I already have the 7Hz TImeless? Just curious. Also, what would you recommend as a higher end IEM?

Apr 11, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #3,870 of 4,275
I'm curious if you've listened to Moondrop's higher end offerings because I already have the Timeless (in my ears right now actually) and I wanted to look into some of the higher end Moondrop stuff as my next fix because I keep hearing and reading positive stuff. Are you saying that literally no IEM whatsoever on the market is worth purchasing for below $1000 if I already have the 7Hz TImeless? Just curious. Also, what would you recommend as a higher end IEM?
Timeless is a really good value at any price to be honest, but whether it can beat everything under $1k would be more due to personal preferences and priorities in sound. For resolution, I think it is super hard to beat under $1k, I have to go to my Monarch Mk2 to beat Timeless's resolution in straight A/B comparison. However, if you prioritize natural timbre, heavier bass punch, or smoother treble, there are definitely closer competitions within similar price range.

As an upgrade path from Timeless, I think you have to identify what you really like about Timeless first, and then double down on an IEM that does that better than Timeless. For myself, I often prioritize resolution above everything else, so my natural progression was to Monarch Mk2.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back