7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Apr 5, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #3,811 of 4,275
Just dropping in to drop some Legato love, after 100 hrs burn in these babies sing. I'm 57years old and come from the days of big box speakers,, damn I still have them.. These iems REPRODUCTION OF THAT SOUND IS SUPERB!
A real bargain at the $99 I got them for.
Am iem built for pure listening enjoyment

My anticipation of these only grows. I’m your age and that’s exactly what I’ve been looking for in an IEM.

Apr 5, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #3,812 of 4,275
The nice thing about these Legato is that they don't sacrifice tonality for that bass. I expected boomy, uncontrolled bass like Sony XM4 (a lot of warm, "ummmmm" to the sound), but what I got was an excellent bass response. Clear bass attack with a "snap" at the top, strong sense of bass resonance across the stage. If I have to nitpick, I would say the texture could be a bit better, as some cellos recording sound a bit smoothened. But, still, the achievement is impressive.

Now, if only I can hear something from FatFreq to decide whether these Legato IEMs are poor-man's FatFreq...

Apr 5, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #3,813 of 4,275
The nice thing about these Legato is that they don't sacrifice tonality for that bass. I expected boomy, uncontrolled bass like Sony XM4 (a lot of warm, "ummmmm" to the sound), but what I got was an excellent bass response. Clear bass attack with a "snap" at the top, strong sense of bass resonance across the stage. If I have to nitpick, I would say the texture could be a bit better, as some cellos recording sound a bit smoothened. But, still, the achievement is impressive.

Now, if only I can hear something from FatFreq to decide whether these Legato IEMs are poor-man's FatFreq...
Looks like 7Hz now has hit sequel to the Timeless at long last.

Apr 6, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #3,814 of 4,275

Hi folks, my unboxing, graph, and some first impressions of the Legato.

Thanks so much (as always) for sharing your thoughts! Mine are enroute as I type this, though I am not sure of the arrival date.

Apr 8, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #3,815 of 4,275
Had the itch to try something new so bought a 7HZ Timeless and received it today as a third flavour with my Tansio Mirai Sands and my main driver the Sony IER-Z1R. It’s pretty impressive what today can be had in the 2-300 USD range.

Apr 8, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #3,816 of 4,275
Had the itch to try something new so bought a 7HZ Timeless and received it today as a third flavour with my Tansio Mirai Sands and my main driver the Sony IER-Z1R. It’s pretty impressive what today can be had in the 2-300 USD range.

Mind blowing, really. After all, these technologies have been mature for a couple generations now, yet somehow innovation still happens in the headphone/IEM space.

Apr 8, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #3,817 of 4,275
Mind blowing, really. After all, these technologies have been mature for a couple generations now, yet somehow innovation still happens in the headphone/IEM space.
In the case of the Timeless I'd say it's mostly manufacturers finally managing to make portable planar designs affordable. Hard to believe you had to spend close to 3k (LCDi4) for this kind of quick/thick sound a few years ago. I'm not sure there is so much evolution on the balanced armature side.

Apr 8, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #3,818 of 4,275
wait with the final tire after 300h
in my opinion, the 7hz are much better iem than the overhyped Ier z1r
especially in combination with Wm1z

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #3,819 of 4,275
wait with the final tire after 300h
in my opinion, the 7hz are much better iem than the overhyped Ier z1r
especially in combination with Wm1z
Yes I’ll see after some serious burn in, but to me the Z1R is not over hyped in any way, I absolutely love it, both with the 1Z and the Tazzy but obviously the Timeless will rank higher than Z1R on value for money due to the much lower price

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #3,821 of 4,275
Yes I’ll see after some serious burn in, but to me the Z1R is not over hyped in any way, I absolutely love it, both with the 1Z and the Tazzy but obviously the Timeless will rank higher than Z1R on value for money due to the much lower price
You're tempting me to open the unopened Timeless I have and start burning it in now. Was up for sale, but as usual, I'm getting curious after reading your glowing words. I mean, to compare it with LCDi4, a true TOTL!!??

If it's anywhere near as exciting as Z1R, what am I waiting for I guess, 175 down the hatch.

Apr 8, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #3,822 of 4,275
You're tempting me to open the unopened Timeless I have and start burning it in now. Was up for sale, but as usual, I'm getting curious after reading your glowing words. I mean, to compare it with LCDi4, a true TOTL!!??

If it's anywhere near as exciting as Z1R, what am I waiting for I guess, 175 down the hatch.
To sell a Timeless, blasphemy!

Apr 8, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #3,823 of 4,275

I’ve never heard the i4 so can’t compare and I still prefer the Z1R that has 1.000’s of hours use while the Timeless atm. only has 10 hours

Apr 8, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #3,825 of 4,275

My advice is to don't sell it. Swap the original cable to a good quality cable. I'm using mine with NiceHCK SupeBlue cable and it's so much better.

The Timeless OG it's a very good IEM, and one that I believe will be relevant for sometime.
It was released in 2021, had a "revision" in 2022 and many still prefer the original, and it's still compared to new planar IEMs... Or IEMs that cost roughly the same. A bit like the Oxygen, or the Blessing 2 Dusk.

Make sure you get a good cable and good tips and I doubt you will be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back