7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Nov 6, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #3,361 of 4,273
Just got the azla crystal tips, these are not what I'm looking for. They almost make the bass and treble neutral, which is nice, but at the same time they have a bit of a lifeless and sterile sound. Closed-in too. Not very engaging overall. They would make a good studio set though.
7 Hertz Timeless react extremely well to eq. Try it. Or maybe JVC tips are what you need fir extra bass

Nov 6, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #3,362 of 4,273
Just got the azla crystal tips, these are not what I'm looking for. They almost make the bass and treble neutral, which is nice, but at the same time they have a bit of a lifeless and sterile sound. Closed-in too. Not very engaging overall. They would make a good studio set though.

The MAX solves a lot of those issues. They’re thinner, less tacky and sound a lot more open and neutral.

Nov 7, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #3,363 of 4,273
Thanks for sharing, this is good if you like neutral sound as i do. So seems it works like other azla classic tips i have, makes bass more reference and overal sound more linear neutral not adding coloration that other tips usually add. This is what i could expect from azla. So good to know what to expect, as they are not cheap.

Nov 7, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #3,364 of 4,273
7 Hertz Timeless react extremely well to eq. Try it. Or maybe JVC tips are what you need fir extra bass
I have the JVC on the way, big expectations for them :) I don't need more bass (the bass with the Azla is actually perfect) but I hope the JVC can deliver that lush midrange that I know the timeless are capable of.

The MAX solves a lot of those issues. They’re thinner, less tacky and sound a lot more open and neutral.
Thanks that's good to know, I'll look up for a deal.

Thanks for sharing, this is good if you like neutral sound as i do. So seems it works like other azla classic tips i have, makes bass more reference and overal sound more linear neutral not adding coloration that other tips usually add. This is what i could expect from azla. So good to know what to expect, as they are not cheap.
Yes that's a good way to put it, honestly it's quite nice to see that the timeless are able to deliver this kind of reference sound.

Nov 8, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #3,365 of 4,273
Not quite clear if it is some upgrade. For example bass bump. If it really was needed?
I adore the 7hz Timeless OG and I got the AE yesterday. 1/ I wanted a second pair since I plan some experiments; 2/ hoped for some improvements like more sub-bass, less recessed vocals. Well, I got it - sub-bass is already slightly more, mid-bass a spec more but enough to make bass guitars and drums fuller, male vocals are more textured, slightly warmer. But even more treble is more liquid w/o loosing details and airiness and even cleaner.

Nov 8, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #3,366 of 4,273
I adore the 7hz Timeless OG and I got the AE yesterday. 1/ I wanted a second pair since I plan some experiments; 2/ hoped for some improvements like more sub-bass, less recessed vocals. Well, I got it - sub-bass is already slightly more, mid-bass a spec more but enough to make bass guitars and drums fuller, male vocals are more textured, slightly warmer. But even more treble is more liquid w/o loosing details and airiness and even cleaner.
How is the soundstage on the AE?
Do you mind sharing your source + genre?

Nov 8, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #3,367 of 4,273
How is the soundstage on the AE?
Do you mind sharing your source + genre?
The sound stage is big, even bigger vs the OG. Bigger than Talos and S12 and slightly slightly smaller than that of Stellaris. I am waiting for the Hook-X HBB and will come with update for it also.
Sources: DAPs - Hiby RS2, Cayin RU6; DACs - Ares 2, iFi Pro iDSD, ADI-2 FS, iFi Zen v2; Amps - the two iFIs, the ADI-2, O2 with Sparkos opamps.
Gentes: Duft Punk, Depeche Mode, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, Diana Krall, Coldplay, Metallica, WASP, Ennio M.
Added on 20/11/2022 - Hook-X HBB sound stage is on par with the Timeless AE, sometimes slightly bigger and close to that of Stellaris. Hook-X HBB is very enjoyable with its analog presentation - quite natural timber and not that aggressive replay. It sounds open, airy, with lots of space b/n instruments ang good depth. It is not that resolving like the Timeless and Stellaris but delivers unique experience and should be in anybody's stable.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #3,368 of 4,273
The sound stage is big, even bigger vs the OG. Bigger than Talos and S12 and slightly slightly smaller than that of Stellaris. I am waiting for the Hook-X HBB and will come with update for it also.
Sources: DAPs - Hiby RS2, Cayin RU6; DACs - Ares 2, iFi Pro iDSD, ADI-2 FS, iFi Zen v2; Amps - the two iFIs, the ADI-2, O2 with Sparkos opamps.
Gentes: Duft Punk, Depeche Mode, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, Diana Krall, Coldplay, Metallica, WASP, Ennio M.
Thank you, I appreciate your response! I love my 2 pairs of the Timeless but I ended up listening to music mostly with my HOOK-X due to the (almost) Tri dimensional soundstage. HBB intrigues me but I'd prefer getting the Timeless AE if the soundstage has been significantly improved compared to the originals, especially in height and depth. Have you given them any burn in time? Are you using the stock cable?

Share a picture, if you wish

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #3,369 of 4,273
Thank you, I appreciate your response! I love my 2 pairs of the Timeless but I ended up listening to music mostly with my HOOK-X due to the (almost) Tri dimensional soundstage. HBB intrigues me but I'd prefer getting the Timeless AE if the soundstage has been significantly improved compared to the originals, especially in height and depth. Have you given them any burn in time?
Not too much burn - just 4 hours. I am inpatient! Depth is quite improved, width not that significantly. Also AE is less 'metallic' in the treble. If you have the Hook-X OG get the AE - the detail retrieval is quite more and I think you will have a complementary pair.

Nov 8, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #3,370 of 4,273
Not too much burn - just 4 hours. I am inpatient! Depth is quite improved, width not that significantly. Also AE is less 'metallic' in the treble. If you have the Hook-X OG get the AE - the detail retrieval is quite more and I think you will have a complementary pair.
I will seriously consider buying the AE but I'll wait for some reviews first, as well as your impressions from the HBB, and also to receive my IMR Na-Le to feel how those will sound. Thanks, share a picture if you want :)

Nov 8, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #3,372 of 4,273
I will seriously consider buying the AE but I'll wait for some reviews first, as well as your impressions from the HBB, and also to receive my IMR Na-Le to feel how those will sound. Thanks, share a picture if you want :)

Attachments

• 16679328368040.4197092466787604.jpg
    16679328368040.4197092466787604.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 9, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #3,373 of 4,273
Thank you, I appreciate your response! I love my 2 pairs of the Timeless but I ended up listening to music mostly with my HOOK-X due to the (almost) Tri dimensional soundstage. HBB intrigues me but I'd prefer getting the Timeless AE if the soundstage has been significantly improved compared to the originals, especially in height and depth. Have you given them any burn in time? Are you using the stock cable?

Share a picture, if you wish

I received my AE edition late last week. Spent 30h burn-in (not much of a difference). In my opinion, I can say it is a marked improvement over the OG Timeless. The planar harsh timbre is reduced and the additional bass does give you more punch and some sense of grand-ness to the music. However, sadly I don't think the soundstage is improved a lot, but it does have some better sense of height due to the rumbly subbass and cleaner upper midrange. The stock cable is actually pretty good, almost aftermarket quality... Better than Timeless OG's stock cable.

Nov 9, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #3,375 of 4,273
I received my AE edition late last week. Spent 30h burn-in (not much of a difference). In my opinion, I can say it is a marked improvement over the OG Timeless. The planar harsh timbre is reduced and the additional bass does give you more punch and some sense of grand-ness to the music. However, sadly I don't think the soundstage is improved a lot, but it does have some better sense of height due to the rumbly subbass and cleaner upper midrange. The stock cable is actually pretty good, almost aftermarket quality... Better than Timeless OG's stock cable.
Thank you, I appreciate your impressions! :)

One of my pairs of the OG Timeless is permanently hooked to my FiiO UTWS5 and used to watch movies from Netflix on my laptop (almost) exclusively. On the other pair, I've replaced the stock cable immediately, and after trying a few, I am now using a TRI Grace C cable which removes the treble harshness and gives me very good bass.

I am not sure, yet, but I feel that upgrading to the Timeless AE is more worthy than upgrading (the HOOK-X) to the HBB.

The OG Timeless has a (relatively) wide soundstage but is lacking in depth and height.

What kind of music are you listening to and from where? I mean, Amazon, Qobuz, Tidal, local files?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back